JKCET 2020 Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test for B.E and B.Tech Admission (JKBOPEE)
JKCET 2020 Notification: The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination has invited online application from the Applicants seeking admission to B.E./B.Tech. (Engineering) courses in various government and private colleges through Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test 2020. Check out the complete details like exam date, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card, syllabus, selection procedure and more information about JKCET 2020. Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE) conducts the JKCET. The Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) 2020 will be conducted on April 2020.
Also See: Engineering Entrance Exams
How to Prepare for JKCET 2020
Applicants appearing for JKCET 2020 must refer through the syllabus and exam pattern of the entrance exam to prepare for it effectively. Not only this, to crack the entrance exam applicants must solve as many sample papers of previous year as they can. For reference of the applicants can read below is the JKCET exam pattern and syllabus.
JKCET 2020 Exam Dates (Tentative)
- Date of Advertisement: February 2020
- Last date for submission of applications: 4th week of February 2020
- Date of downloading of admit card: 02nd week of April 2020
- Date for conduct of Examination: 3rd week of April 2020
- Display of provisional Answer Key: Last week of April 2020
- Declaration of Result: 3rd week of May 2020
- Last date for admission of CET Courses: 2nd week of July 2020
JKCET 2020 Application Form
Before applying for the examination applicants must check their eligibility criteria. The applicants can download admission notification, Brochure, instructions and all other relevant information from the official website of the BOPEE.
Applicants can apply online on the website www.jakbopee.org.
Applicants must have a scanned image of his or her photograph, signature and thumb-impression in JPEG/JPG format scanned copies of Marksheet, Permanent Resident Certificate and Reserved Category Certificate saved on the computer while filling the application form. An application fee must be submitted with the application form.
The Applicant should check the application form before submitting.
After the submission, a confirmation page will be generated. Take a printout of this page and retain it till the admissions.
How to Fill JKCET 2020 Application form
Check out how to fill and submit the application form of JKCET 2020, follow the mentioned below steps:
- Step 1: Ready all the documents like scanned copy of images of photograph and signature, mark-sheet of class 12 and 10, caste certificate etc.
- Step 2: Visit and click on the JKCET application form 2019 link.
- Step 3: Get register by filling the requisite details like name, date of birth, qualifying examination and marks etc. Once registered, application number will be generated.
- Step 4: Log-in with the help of application number, date of birth and verification code display on the screen. Make the payment of Rs 800 as the application fees through online mode.
- Step 5: Once the payment is done, upload the scanned images of signature, photograph and thumb impression in the prescribed format.
- Step 6: In case applicants have committed the error, click on the ‘edit application’ tab and make the necessary changes.
- Step 7: Preview the application form and click on ‘submit application form’ tab. Check mark/accept the declaration given at the button of this page prior to submitting the form.
- Step 8: Step 16 – LOGOUT after the process
- Step 9: Take the printout of provisional confirmation page and keep it carefully till the admission procedure gets is over.
- Step 10: Once done with entire process, Logout.
Check out List of Engineering Entrance Exams
JKCET Exam Centers 2020
The entrance exam will be conducted at the JKCET 2020 exam centers as prescribed by the Board in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu only. JKCET exam centers will be allotted by the BOPEE and the information regarding this will be provided to the applicants on the admit cards. Applicants must remember that JKCET exam centers 2019 allotted to them will not be change under any circumstances.
Eligibility for JKCET 2020
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir State.
- Should have passed the 10+2 examination from a recognized school or institution with 50% aggregate and in case of a reserved category the aggregate must be 40%.
- Applicants must have passed in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their elective subjects in 10+2.
- Applicants who will appear in 10+2 examination in 2019 are also eligible to apply for JKCET 2020.
The criteria for the reservation that is mentioned below are only applicable to Govt. run colleges and institutions in the state as notified by Jammu and Kashmir Govt. Reservation of seats is as follows:
- Open Merit (OM): 50%
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 08%
- Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal (STGB): 06%
- Scheduled Tribe, Leh District (STL): 02%
- Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District (STK): 02%
- Other Scheduled Tribes (STO): 01%
- Weak and Underprivileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC): 02%
- Residents of Backward Area (RBA): 20%
- Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC): 03%
- Children of Defense Personnel (CDP) (State Subjects only): 03%
- Tuition fee Waiver (TFW) *** (over and above intake capacity): 05%
Check out Common Entrance Exams
JKCET 2020 Syllabus
- The syllabus of JKCET will include the familiar topics that the Applicant had studied before in class 11th and 12th. A detailed structure of syllabus for all the subjects is given on the website www.jakbopee.org / www.jkbopee.gov.in
JKCET 2020 Exam Pattern
- The CET will be a single paper consisting of three (3) sections of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. There will be objective type of questions only.
- For every correct answer, one mark will be awarded, whereas for every incorrect answer 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- There will be total 180 questions with 60 questions of each subject that has to be completed by the Applicant within 3 hours.
- Each question will have four series of options namely A, B, C, and D.
- All the questions will be based on the knowledge and subjects of 10+2 level.
JKCET Admit Card 2020
- The admit card of JKCET 2020 will be issued tentatively in second week of April in online mode. Applicants will be able to download their JKCET 2020 admit card by using their credentials. However, before downloading JKCET admit card 2020 applicants need to ensure that all the details mentioned on it our correct. In case applicants do not have internet facility, they can obtain their admit card of JKCET 2020 by visit the help desk as notified and paying a nominal amount for it. Moreover, they should remember that JKCET 2020 admit card is an important document, without it no applicant will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
JKCET 2020 Selection Process
The merit list will be prepared on the basis of inter-se-merit of the Applicants for each course singly in the CET 2020. The merit list will be in the descending order for Open Merit Category and for each Reserved Category, separately.
To qualify the examination Applicant must obtain least the minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test as decided by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE).
Resolving Ties- In case two or more Applicant’s equal merit in B.E course, the inter-se-merit of such Applicants shall be resolved as:
- Applicants obtaining higher marks in Mathematics in CET
- Applicants obtaining higher marks in Physics in CET, if marks in Mathematics are equal
- Applicants older in age to be preferred if points as per (1) and (2) are equal
The J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE), Tele/Fax: 0194-2433590 (Srinagar), 0191-2479371 (Jammu), Websites: www.jakbopee.org or www.jkbopee.gov.in.