JNVST Eligibility Criteria 2020, JNV Selection Test 2020 Eligibility
JNVST Eligibility Criteria 2020: Admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is made on the basis of a Selection Test, designed and conducted by the CBSE. The test is called the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST). It is of non-verbal nature, class-neutral and designed so as to ensure that talented children from rural areas are able to compete without facing any disadvantage. Special care is taken to ensure that children from far flung areas get admission forms free of cost, without any difficulty. Sufficient publicity is done through Doordarshan, All India Radio, local newspapers, pamphlets, Vidyalaya websites and through visits of Principals and teachers of Navodaya Vidyalaya to the local schools of the district.
JNVST Eligibility for Class 6th Admission
For All Applicants
Only applicants from the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission. However, in the district where the JNV is opened and is bifurcated at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for the purpose of eligibility for admission in the JNVs. This applies to cases where new Vidyalaya has not yet been started in the newly bifurcated district.
Applicants appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the entire academic session in a Government/Government-Aided, other recognized school or ‘B’ Certificate Competency Course of National Institute of Open Schooling, in the same district where he/she seeks admission.
A school will be deemed to have been recognized if it is declared so by the Government or by any other agency authorized on behalf of the Government. Schools, where students have obtained ‘B’ certificate under National Institute of Open Schooling should have accreditation of NIOS. An applicant must successfully complete Class-V. Actual admission in Class-VI will be subject to these conditions.
The applicant seeking admission must be within the age group of 9 to 13 years. This is applicable to applicants of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs).
The applicant claiming admission from rural quota must have studied and passed Classes- III, IV and V from a Govt./Govt. Aided/recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in a rural area.
The applicant who has studied in a school located in an urban area even for a single day of a session in any of the Classes-III, IV or V, will be considered as an Urban area applicant. Urban areas are those, which are so notified in the 2001 Census or through a subsequent Government Notification. All other areas will be considered as rural.
Applicants who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before 30th September is not eligible to apply.
No applicant is eligible to appear in the JNV Selection Test for a second time, under any circumstances.
Reservation for Rural, SC/ST, Girls & Disabled Children
- At least 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by applicants selected from rural areas and remaining seats will be filled up from the urban areas of the district.
- There is a provision for reservation of seats for SC and ST applicants in proportion to their population in the district but not less than the national average
- 1/3 of the seats are reserved for girl students.
- There is a provision for reservation of 3% seats for disabled children (i.e. Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped).
JNVST Eligibility Criteria for Class 9th Admission 2020
Eligibility Conditions and Composition of the Test
In order to optimally utilize the infrastructure and staff facilities available in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, vacant seats in Class-IX are filled up through Lateral Entry Test. During the year 2019-20, Lateral Entry Test for Class-IX was conducted in 550 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
To appear in the JNV Selection Test, an applicant has to fulfill the following eligibility conditions:
Only those candidates who have studied in Class-VIII in one of the Govt./Govt. recognised schools of the district where the JNV is functioning can seek admission in Class-IX.
The applicant seeking admission must be between the age group 13-16 years on 1st May of the year of admission for which the Selection Test is conducted. This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
The medium of Language for the Examination is English/Hindi.
Composition of Test for Class-IX
Admission Test consists of questions of Class-VIII standard in the following subjects.
|Sr. No.||Subject Total Marks|
The test is conducted in objective/descriptive of type 3 hours duration without any break.
Centre for JNVST Class-IX
- The Centre for the JNVST Class-IX Examination is Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the respective district.
- The existing vacant seats in the SC/ST category, as notified, are reserved for the SC/ST students.
JNVST Eligibility for Admission in Class XI
- Students seeking admission in Class–XI should be within the age limit of 14-18 years as on 1st July, of the year of admission.
- The applicant must have passed Class–X from a recognized school (affiliated to CBSE or any other State Education Board) of the district where the JNV is located during the academic session of the year of admission.
- The merit list will be prepared as per marks obtained by the applicant in the Class–X Board Exam and the admission will be given as per eligibility of the applicant and the seats available in the JNV concerned.
- The applicants must have reasonable competency in English and Hindi.