M.Phil. Program 2018-19 in Karnataka University Dharwad
Karnataka University M.Phil Admission 2018 – Karnataka University Dharwad has invited applications for admission to the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) Program are invited from eligible applicants in the prescribed form for the year 2018-19. Eligible applicants can apply online only from the official website or given below link on or before the last date on January 18th, 2019. Applicants can check out the complete details of Karnataka University M.Phil Admission 2018-19 like application form, eligibility, entrance test, fees, important dates and more details.
Duration of Program
- The duration of the M.Phil Program shall be of one academic year with two consecutive terms, each term consisting of six months duration.
The M.Phil Program under the following Faculty:
- Arts: English, Kannada, Folklore, Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit
- Social Science: Economics, History & Archeology, A.I. History & Epigraphy, Sociology, Psychology, Criminology & Forensic Science
- Science & Technology: Mathematics, Botany, Geography, Micro-Biology, Bio-Technology, Statistics, Computer Science
- Law: Law
- Commerce: Commerce
- Management: Management
Karnataka University M.Phil Admission 2018 Important Dates
- The issue of Application Forms: December 26th, 2018
- Last date for the receipt of application forms: January 18th, 2019
- Intimation to the Exam Section regarding No. of Applications Received: January 22nd, 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: January 30th, 2019
- The announcement of Eligible applicants List: February 05th, 2019
- Date of Interview: February 11th, 2019
- Meeting of the Departmental Council: February 14th, 2019
- The announcement of the List of selected applicants: February 15th, 2019
- Last date for admission: February 21st, 2019
- Submission of Admitted applicants M.Phil Applications Forms: February 28th, 2019
Check out more Entrance Exams 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka University M.Phil Admission 2018
- Applicants who have obtained Master’s Degree from this or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto securing not less than 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/Cat-I) or equivalent grade in the aggregate at the Master’s Degree Program are eligible to apply for the M.Phil Degree Program in the concerned/cognate subject. Marks rounded off to make the percentage to 55 or 50, as the case may be, through grace marks are not considered for M.Phil registration.
- Such of the teachers employed on full-time basis before 31.03.1992 and who are continuing in service in any of the affiliated colleges, constituent colleges and PG Departments of any recognized University are eligible to apply for M.Phil Program, subject to a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/Cat-I) at the concerned Master’s Degree.
- Admissions to the M.Phil, Program are open to full-time (i.e. regular) applicants and also to teacher deputed for undergoing the M.Phil Program by the college or institutions recognized by the University.
- No applicant/college teacher shall be admitted to the M.Phil Program as an external or Part-time applicant.
- Applicants from other Universities are also permitted for M.Phil Program on Enhanced Fee Structure as prescribed by the University, from time to time.
M.Phil Entrance Test
- The applicant who is eligible for admission to M.Phil Program shall be selected on the basis of an Entrance Test conducted by the University. There will be two papers, in the Entrance Test, Paper – I & Paper – II, each paper carrying 50 marks. Applicants who have passed the NET/SLET/GATE are exempted from the Entrance Test.
- Applicants who have appeared for the Entrance Test should secure a minimum of 50% in each paper and 55% marks in aggregate in the two papers (45% in each paper and 50% of marks in aggregate in two papers in case of SC/ST/ Cat-I Applicants) to be eligible.
- The Entrance Test will be followed by an interview conducted by the Department. The applicants are expected to discuss their research interest. Attending interview is mandatory.
M.Phil Application Fee
- Application Processing Fee for G.M Students Rs.1210/- and for SC/ST/CAT-I Rs. 605/-
Karnataka University M.Phil Application Form 2018
- Application form and the Bank challan (bank challan should be downloaded and printed in legal size paper) from the Website kud.ac.in or www.kudacademics.org and the duly filled-in application form, along with all enclosures (including the original copy of the challan for application processing fee and Entrance Test fee if applicable) shall be submitted to the chairman of the concerned Dept at KU.
- The applicants have to remit the prescribed fees to the account of State Bank of India/Syndicate Bank of KUD or through any branch of the nationalized bank by downloading the appropriate challan.
- The Applicants have to remit the prescribed fees in campus-based State Bank of India/Syndicate Bank by downloading the appropriate challan. The Account No. & IFSC code of the banks are given in the challans. The applicants should attach the 2nd and 3rd copy of the Challan along with the application form and submit the duly filled in application form along with all the enclosures to the concerned P.G. Department, K.U. Dharwad.