LBS Kerala BSc Nursing and Paramedical Admission 2019 Notification
LBS Kerala BSc Nursing and Paramedical Courses 2019: Director of Medical Education Thiruvananthapuram, LBS Centre for Science and Technology (LBSCS & T), Kerala has been invited applications for admission to Professional Degree Courses during the academic year 2019.
LBS Kerala BSc Nursing and Paramedical Courses 2019
Here you can check out complete details about LBS Kerala BSc Nursing and Paramedical Courses 2019 application form, dates, eligibility, fees, seats, etc. LBS Centre for Admission to Professional Degree Courses 2019 in Nursing, Pharmacy and Paramedical streams, which has been approved by the Government of Kerala, is published.
Check out Admission Notifications
Important Dates for LBS Kerala BSc Nursing and Paramedical Admission 2019
- Admission to Nursing & Paramedical Courses 2019 will be open on July 2019
- Application Fee for Professional Degree Courses in Nursing/Paramedical streams 2019 can be remitted from July 2019
- The Last date for submission of Application (Printout): 3rd week of July 2019, 05.00 pm
Professional Degree Courses in Nursing and Paramedical Streams
- Bachelor of Science- Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing)
- Bachelor of Science– Medical Laboratory Technology (B.Sc. (M.L.T))
- Bachelor of Science -Perfusion Technology (B.Sc. Perfusion Technology)
- Bachelor of Science- Medical Radiological Technology-(B.Sc. MRT)
- Bachelor of Science- Optometry (B.Sc.(Optometry))
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B.P.T)
- Bachelor in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (B.A.S.L.P)
- Bachelor of Cardiovascular Technology (B.C.V.T.)
Only for Self-financing Colleges
Admissions to the above courses are regulated on the basis of merit as assessed in the rank list prepared based on the marks obtained in final year of the qualifying exams after having the normalization procedure.
Also See: Medical Entrance Exam
Courses, Institutions & Seats
The list of the institutions in which the courses are offered, the number of seats available etc. is given in Annexure I (Final list will be published later in the website www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in.
Categorization of Seats
Govt. Seats: Merit Seats against which the Director, LBS Centre makes allotment are called ‘Govt. Seats’. Govt. Seats are available in all the Govt. Colleges, Govt. Controlled Self Financing Colleges & in Private Self-Financing Colleges that enter into the agreement with the Govt.
Management Seats: Seats other than ‘Government seats’ will be filled up by management as per inter-se merit and Changes can be made only with Government approval.
Duration of the Courses
- B.Sc. Nursing – 4 *12 Months
- B.Sc. (M.L.T) – 4 years
- B.Sc. Perfusion Technology – 4 years
- B.Sc.(Optometry) – 4 years
- B.P.T. – 4 **6 Months
- B.A.S.L.P. – 4 years
- B.C.V.T. – 4 years
- B.Sc. Medical Radiological Technology – 4years
**In addition to the duration of the course.
Check out more B.Sc Admission
Eligibility Criteria for LBS Kerala BSc Nursing and Paramedical Courses
Only Indian citizens are eligible for admission to professional courses unless otherwise notified. Holders of Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cards/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), will also be treated at par with Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admission.
However, PIO/OCI applicants will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
Applicants seeking admission to the courses will be categorised as ‘Keralite’, Non-Keralite category I (NK-I) and Non-Keralite category II (NK-II).
The applicant of Kerala origin will be categorized as a ‘Keralite’. Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre are deemed to be ‘Keralites’ as
Non-Keralite Category I (NK I)
The applicant who is not of Kerala origin but fulfils anyone of the following conditions will be categorised as ‘Non-Keralite Category I'(NK I).
The applicant who has undergone qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents belong to Govt. of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
The applicant who has undergone qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents who are serving/served Govt. of Kerala for a minimum period of two years.
Course wise academic eligibility requirement is as given below:
B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc. M.L.T. & B.Sc. Optometry Courses
Should have passed Higher Secondary Exam conducted by Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or exam equivalent thereto as approved by Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
Should have 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English put together
B.Sc. Perfusion Technology, BCVT & BPT Courses
Should have passed Higher Secondary examination conducted by Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or the examination equivalent thereto as approved by Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur.
Should have 50% marks in Biology separately and should have 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together.
Note: Students applying for admission to B.P.T course should have studied English as a subject in Higher Secondary level.
Should have passed Higher Secondary Exam conducted by Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or exam equivalent thereto as approved by Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur.
Should have 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Mathematics /Computer Science /Statistics/Electronics /Psychology put together.
B.Sc. Medical Radiological Technology Course
Should have passed Higher Secondary Exam conducted by Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or Exam equivalent thereto as approved by Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur/ Should have 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology put together.
Relaxation in Marks
For all the courses, applicants belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (as per G.O.(P) No. 208/66/Edn. dated 2.5.1966, G.O.(MS) No.95/08/SCSTDD dated 06.10.2008 and amendments thereof), will have a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying exam.
They need only 45% marks in the case of Mathematics/Biology and 45% marks in the case of optional subjects put together.
The SC/ST applicants need only a pass in the qualifying exam.
The relaxation of marks in the qualifying exam extended to SEBC applicants only will be applicable to OEC applicants even if they are allotted against the un-availed seats of SC/ST quota.
For example, a score of 50 marks out of 100 or 150 marks out of 300 alone will be considered as 50% marks and scores of 45 out of 100 or 135 out of 300 alone will be considered as 45% marks for determining eligibility.
- Applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on the 31st December 2019.
- No relaxation in the minimum age will be allowed. There is no upper age limit except for applicants under service quota.
- The upper age limit for applicants under service quota will be 46 years for B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc.(MLT) and B.Sc. Optometry as on 31st December 2019.
- Application for admission to all the Courses – B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc. (MLT), B.Sc. Perfusion Technology, B.Sc.(Optometry), B.P.T., B.C.V.T., B.A.S.L.P, B.Sc. MRT, B.Sc. Dialysis Technology can be registered only online through a single application.
- Provision for applying online is available at the website of www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in Submission of more than one application by an applicant will lead to rejection of the candidature.
The application fee will be as follows:
- For General Applicants Rs.600/-
- For SC/ST Applicants Rs.300/-
- For Service Applicants Rs.600/-
Availability of Prospectus
Prospectus and all annexures can also be downloaded from www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in. However, it will not be available by post or from the Office of the Director of Medical Education or from any Govt. Medical Colleges or from any other office.
Submission of Application Form (Except for service applicants).
There will be four stages for the submission of Application form and all stages are mandatory. Applicants shall complete all the stages of submission as per the time schedule which will be notified through the website/media.
Rank List I:
- For allotment to B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc. (M.L.T) &B.Sc. Optometry – Rank Lists will be prepared on the basis of marks* obtained by applicants for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English put together at the final year of the qualifying exam.
Rank List II
- For allotment to B.Sc. Perfusion Technology, BCVT, BPT, BSc Medical Radiological Technology Course – Rank Lists will be prepared on the basis of marks* obtained by applicants for Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together at the final year of the qualifying exam.
Rank List III
- For allotment to B.A.S.L.P. Course – Rank list will be prepared on the basis of the marks* obtained by the applicant for Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics/Computer Science/ Statistics/ Electronics/ Psychology together at the final year of the qualifying exam.
Validity of the Rank lists
- The Rank lists for B.Sc Nursing course will be valid upto 30th November 2019
- The Rank lists for Para Medical courses will be valid upto 30th November 2019
Check out Latest Entrance Exams
LBSCS &T Kerala
LBS Centre for Science and Technology (LBSCS & T), Kerala, Govt. of Kerala Office of the Director of Medical Education, Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, LBS Kerala-695033, Email [email protected], Helpline Numbers: 0471-2560361, Website www.lbscentre.in.