LSAT India 2020 | LSAT Exam | Law School Admission Test 2020
LSAT 2020 Notification: LSAT (Law School Admission Test) is a standardized test of reading and verbal reasoning skills DESIGNED by the USA-based Law Schools Admission Council (LSAC) for use by law schools in India. It is developed by testing professionals with advanced degrees in English, Linguistics, Logic, and Psychometrics. The online registration process for LSAT India application form 2020 has begun from October to May 2019. Check out the complete information about LSAT 2020 test date, registration, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, registration fees and more details for LSAT Exam 2020.
Check out more Law Entrance Exam
LSAT Test Dates 2020 (Tentative)
- Date of Notification: 1st week of October 2019
- Registration Window Start: 1st week of October 2019
- Registration Window Ends: 1st week of May 2020 (11:59 pm)
- Last Date for Payment of Application Fees: 1st week of May 2020 (11:59 pm)
- Date of Admit Card Release: 3rd week of May 2020
- LSAT-India 2020, Test Date: May/June 2020
- Announcement of Results: June (Exact date to be announced later)
LSAT Eligibility 2020
- Interested applicant must have passed the 12th examination with 50 percent marks from a recognized board of examination along with post graduation in LL.B / B.L degree with 50 percent of marks from a recognized university.
About the LSAT-India 2020
LSAT-India is a standardized test of reading and verbal reasoning skills designed by the USA-based Law School Admission Council (LSAC) for use by law schools in India.
LSAT-India is a paper-and-pencil test with four sections.
Law School Admission Test (LSAT) is scheduled to be conducted in May/June 2020.
This test is held by Law School Admission Council and is a gateway for admissions to multiple law colleges across the nation.
The test will have to be completed for the duration of two hours and twenty minutes and will be segregated into four parts: analytical reasoning, logical reasoning (part-1), logical reasoning (part-2) and reading comprehension.
Each section carries 25 marks.
India is a pencil and a paper-based test.
LSAT-India test duration: 2 hours 20 mins without any break.
LSAT Registration Fee – Rs.3800/-.
LSAT scores are accepted by top institutes like Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law-IIT Kharagpur Law School, Galgotia University Law School, the Jindal Global Law School, UPES Dehradun, KLE Bangalore, Greater Noida and Amity Law School, Gurgaon.
Check out more Entrance Exams
LSAT Testing Locations
The LSAT-India 2020 test will be conducted in the following cities:
- North: Chandigarh, Delhi, Jaipur, Lucknow
- South: Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi
- West: Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Mumbai, Nagpur
- East: Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi
LSAT Registration 2020
Registration Fee – Rs.3800/-
Registration Window: Applicants can register for LSAT-India through Online Mode or by sending a Demand Draft. Registration windows are different for these modes,
Registration windows are different for these modes.
- Online Registration – October 2019 – May 2020
- Registration through Demand Draft/PO/Banker’s cheque.
- The Demand Draft/Pay order/banker’s cheque (favoring Pearson India Education Services Pvt Ltd, payable at New Delhi/Noida) should reach the below-mentioned address either by post or courier “Pearson VUE, C/o Greenclouds, 6708, DLF Phase – IV, Gurgaon, Haryana-122002”
LSAT Registration Fees
Applicants can register for LSAT-India by paying the LSAT—India registration fee (INR 3800), payable by credit card or demand draft/pay order/ banker’s cheque.
The last date of payments receipt differs for these two modes; Applicants are advised to check “Important dates” for details.
The registration fee will be accepted only through VISA & Master Card credit cards, issued in India.
In case an Applicant registering for LSAT-India is unable to make payment by the specified credit cards, he/she will have an option to pay through demand draft/pay order/banker’s cheque.
LSAT Admit Card 2020
Only Applicants whose registration form has been properly completed in all respects and received by Pearson VUE within the stipulated time and who have paid the applicable test fee will be entitled to take the LSAT-India exam.
The LSAT admit card will be available for download from this website for all Applicants whose registration is accepted; each admits card ticket will include a unique Applicant identification number generated at the time of registration which shall be the Applicant’s “registration number”.
Admit cards of eligible Applicants (complete registrations) will be available for download from May 2020.
LSAT Exam Pattern 2020
USA based LSAC has announced the LSAT 2020 exam pattern, which mentions that Applicants will be examined upon good thinking skills, therefore there will be no questions for assessing prior legal knowledge or mathematical skills or updates on general knowledge and current affairs.
LSAT Test 2020 will be held on May/June 2020. The offline question booklet will have as many as 100 questions of objective (multiple-choice) nature. The applicants will need to attempt the LSAT India 2020 questions within 140 minutes where they have to mark the most appropriate choice among those given against each question.
The Pearson VUE administered entrance exam will be covering three parts:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning and
- Reading Comprehension
The Logical Reasoning will be further divided into two parts, thence dividing the LSAT India 2020 question paper into a total of four sections. Each section needs to be attempted in a time limit of 35 minutes.
No Applicant will be allowed to attempt the question of other sections, after or before the commencement of the respective section.
There will be no negative marking for any wrong answer, therefore it is advised not to leave any question unmarked. Further Applicants are to note that there will be no breaks given during the 140 minute-LSAT India 2020 offline test.
LSAT Syllabus 2020
The LSAT 2020 syllabus specifies the topics and marking scheme to be followed in the law examination, LSAT India 2020. Pearson VUE will include questions based on Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and Reading comprehension in the law examination.
Applicants can view the detailed syllabus for LSAT India 2020 here.
LSAT India Colleges that are participating this year.
LSAT India 2020 will witness the participation of 45 law schools for admission into the undergraduate and postgraduate law programs. Applicants can take a look here for the list of LSAT India 2020 Participating Institutes given here.
- Alliance School of Law, Alliance University, Bangalore
- ITM Law School, Gurgaon
- School of Law, Ansal University, Gurgaon
- AURO University, School of Law, Surat
- Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat
- School of Law, Gitam University, Visakhapatnam
- Central India College of Law, Nagpur
- JSS Law College, Mysore
- School of Law, K. R. Mangalam University, Gurgaon
- College of Legal Studies, Dehradun
- L.E. Society’s Law College, Bangalore
- School of Law, Noida International University, Noida
- Faculty of Law, ICFAI University, Dehradun
- Faculty of Law, ICFAI University, Gangtok
- Faculty of Law, ICFAI University, Jaipur
- ICFAI Law School, IFHE, Hyderabad
- MATS Law School, MATS University, Raipur
- School of Law, Sharda University, Greater Noida
- G H Raisoni Law School, Nagpur
- Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur
- VIT Law School, Chennai
- Chotanagpur Law College, Ranchi