Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2019 by IIM
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2019: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship with IIM Bangalore announces the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) 2019. Check out complete details like important dates, eligibility, application process, fees and more for MGNF Fellowship 2019.
About the MGNF Fellowship 2019
- The Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) is an opportunity for young, dynamic individuals to contribute to enhancing skill development and promote rural employment in the country.
- MGNF is an initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India (GoI) that is designed and implemented by IIM Bangalore, in collaboration with State Skill Development Missions (SSDMs)
- MGNF will be rolled out on a pilot basis in the states of Gujarat, Karnataka, Meghalaya, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh.
- The two-year Fellowship seeks to combine classroom sessions at IIM Bangalore with an intensive field immersion at the district level to create credible plans and identify barriers in raising employment, economic output, and promote livelihoods in rural areas.
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2019 Important Dates
- MGNF admission cycle opens: 14th October 2019
- Deadline to complete application: 20th November 2019
- Written Entrance Test: 07th – 08th December 2019
- Case Study Analysis and Interview: First two weeks, January 2020
- MGNF Commencement: 02nd week of March 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2019
The eligibility criteria for selection as a Fellow are as follows:
- Should be a citizen of India
- Age between 21-30 years at the time of application
- At least a graduate from a recognized University in Engineering, Law, Medicine, Arts, etc. or a postgraduate degree from a recognized University
- Three years of work experience after secondary schooling in the social/non-profit sector with an interest in working in rural areas is preferred. However, individuals with no work experience and a strong motivation to work in this area may apply.
- Should be able to express proficiency in the local language of the state that they will work in.
- Any candidate, who has been provisionally selected in the past for the Fellowship and joined the program, but didn’t complete their full term, will not be eligible.
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Selection Process
- Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of the following evaluation components:
- A multiple choice-based aptitude exam to test the applicant’s Quantitative Ability (QA), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC). This will be physically conducted in each of the state capitals.
- A personal interaction comprising of an interview and a case/caselet analysis to judge the candidate’s fit and motivation for the Fellowship. These interviews will be conducted in the state capitals.
- Upon completing the two-year programme, the B-School will award a certificate in public policy and management to the fellows. The programme offers fellows Rs. 50,000 stipend in the first year and Rs. 60,000 in the second year.
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Application Process
- Apply online at this page https://www.iimb.ac.in/mgnf/admissions
- Admission Office, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore- 560076, Email: [email protected]