Mahatma Gandhi University PhD Admission 2018
MGU Kottayam PhD Admission 2018: Mahatma Gandhi University Kottayam has been invited applications are invited from eligible applicants for Written Aptitude Test for registration for research leading to the award of Ph.D degree of this University for the year 2018.
Check out MGU Kottayam Phd Admission 2018 – Application Form, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Exam Pattern, Application Fee, Important Dates and more details.
Eligibility for MGU Phd Admission 2018
Applicants who have passed the Post-graduate Examination in any discipline of Mahatma Gandhi University or of other Universities recognized as equivalent thereto, securing not less than 55 percent marks in the aggregate, are eligible to apply for the Written Aptitude Test.
For SC/ST applicants the minimum marks required for application is 50 percent in the aggregate in the Post Graduate Exam.
Applicants awaiting results of their PG examinations can also apply, but they shall qualify the PG Degree on or before 31st July 2018.
All the candidates who desire to apply for Ph.D admission in the University Schools / Depts / Inter University Centres and approved Research Centres have to appear for the Written Aptitude Test.
Exemption from the Written Aptitude Test (WAT)
The following categories of applicants are exempted from appearing for the Written Aptitude Test.
- JRF awardees.
- UGC Teacher Fellows.
- M.Phil & M.Tech (all disciplines), MD & MS (Modern Medicine, Homoeopathy and Ayurveda)degree holders in the subject of research concerned.
- Regular and permanent teachers from the University Departments and the Government/ Aided Colleges affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University.
- Applicants who have become qualified in the NET/SLET/GATE/GPAT or other tests conducted by such Govt bodies as UGC, CSIR, ICAR / ICMR / RGNF.
- DST Women Scientist Awardees.
- KSCST/INSPIRE/MANF Fellowship Awardees.
- Scientists from the Accredited R&D Institutions.
Application Fee: Applicants have to remit Rs.1000/- (Rupees One thousand only) as application fee can be remitted through Mahatma Gandhi University Cash Counter/Friends/SBT challan.
For SC/ST applicants, the fee the for application is Rs.500/- (Rupees Five hundred only).
MGU Kottayam PhD Application Form 2018
The application can be downloaded from the University website www.mgu.ac.in
The filled in application with enclosures addressed to the Registrar, Mahatma Gandhi University, Priyadarshini Hills P.O., Kottayam, Pin Code-686560 shall reach on or before May 15th, 2018.
Enclosures should be with the application: i) Fee receipt; ii) Attested copies of the PG Degree Certificate and the P.G Marklists; iii) Caste Certificate for SC/ST candidates; iv) Certificate from the Head of the Institution regarding the appearance of final PG Exam (for those awaiting PG Degree results).
MGU Kottayam PhD Admission Dates 2018
Date for Opening the Portal for Online Registration: April 24th 2018
Date of Closing the Portal (Last Date for Registration): May 15th 2018, Tuesday, 05.00 pm
Last Date of receipt of the Printout of the application from along with the photocopies of the documents uploaded: May 16th 2018
Time Span for Downloading Hall-Tickets: 28th May to 01st June 2018
Date of Conduct of Written Aptitude Test: June 02nd 2018 (10.00 am to 01.00 pm)
The mode of Written Aptitude Test for admission to PhD Program2018 is as follows
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hrs
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Objective Type Questions (50 Nos.) Covering various areas of the subject: 50 Marks(1 mark for each question)
- Short answer questions: 14 Numbers – 50 Marks
- (Out of which 10 number shave to be answered, 5 marks for each question)
- For assessing advanced knowledge in Research Methodology