Mahatma Gandhi University PhD Admission 2019
MGU Kottayam PhD Admission 2019: Mahatma Gandhi University Kottayam has been invited applications are invited from eligible applicants for Written Aptitude Test for registration for research leading to the award of Ph.D degree of this University for the year 2019.
Check out MGU Kottayam Phd Admission 2019 – Application Form, Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Exam Pattern, Application Fee, Important Dates and more details.
Eligibility for MGU Phd Admission 2019
Applicants who have passed the Post-graduate Examination in any discipline of Mahatma Gandhi University or of other Universities recognized as equivalent thereto, securing not less than 55 percent marks in the aggregate, are eligible to apply for the Written Aptitude Test.
For SC/ST applicants the minimum marks required for application is 50 percent in the aggregate in the Post Graduate Exam.
Applicants awaiting results of their PG examinations can also apply, but they shall qualify the PG Degree on or before 31st July 2019.
All the candidates who desire to apply for Ph.D admission in the University Schools / Depts / Inter University Centres and approved Research Centres have to appear for the Written Aptitude Test.
Exemption from the Written Aptitude Test (WAT)
The following categories of applicants are exempted from appearing for the Written Aptitude Test.
- JRF awardees.
- UGC Teacher Fellows.
- M.Phil & M.Tech (all disciplines), MD & MS (Modern Medicine, Homoeopathy and Ayurveda)degree holders in the subject of research concerned.
- Regular and permanent teachers from the University Departments and the Government/ Aided Colleges affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University.
- Applicants who have become qualified in the NET/SLET/GATE/GPAT or other tests conducted by such Govt bodies as UGC, CSIR, ICAR / ICMR / RGNF.
- DST Women Scientist Awardees.
- KSCST/INSPIRE/MANF Fellowship Awardees.
- Scientists from the Accredited R&D Institutions.
Check out Admission Notification
Application Fee: Applicants have to remit Rs.1000/- (Rupees One thousand only) as application fee can be remitted through Mahatma Gandhi University Cash Counter/Friends/SBT challan.
For SC/ST applicants, the fee the for application is Rs.500/- (Rupees Five hundred only).
MGU Kottayam PhD Application Form 2019
The application can be downloaded from the University website www.mgu.ac.in
The filled in application with enclosures addressed to the Registrar, Mahatma Gandhi University, Priyadarshini Hills P.O., Kottayam, Pin Code-686560 shall reach on or before July 31st, 2019.
Enclosures should be with the application: i) Fee receipt; ii) Attested copies of the PG Degree Certificate and the P.G Marklists; iii) Caste Certificate for SC/ST candidates; iv) Certificate from the Head of the Institution regarding the appearance of final PG Exam (for those awaiting PG Degree results).
MGU Kottayam PhD Admission Dates 2019
- The following formats can be downloaded from the link provided July 01st, 2019
- The Last Date for Submission of Application Form is July 31st, 2019
The mode of Written Aptitude Test for admission to PhD Program 2019 is as follows
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hrs
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Objective Type Questions (50 Nos.) Covering various areas of the subject: 50 Marks(1 mark for each question)
- Short answer questions: 14 Numbers – 50 Marks
- (Out of which 10 number shave to be answered, 5 marks for each question)
- For assessing advanced knowledge in Research Methodology