MICAT 2019: Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad, MICA has invited applications for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Mangement – Communication (PGDM-C) for 2019-21 sessions. Check out the complete details like exam date, course details, application form, exam pattern, selection procedure, registration, admit card and more information about MICAT Exam 2019.
MICAT 2019 Notification
Course Duration: 2 years.
Specializations: MICA’s PGDM-C offers the following specializations – (i) Brand Management, (ii) Advertising Management, (iii) Marketing Research and Analytics, (iv) Media Management and (v) Digital Communication Management.
PGDM-C Fee: The course fee for two years, which will also include tuition fee and residential charges is Rs 16,50,000/- (approximately).
MICAT 2019 Exam Dates
Check out: MICAT 2019 Exam Date
- Registration Opens: August 23rd, 2018
- Registration Closes: November 20th, 2018 at 11:50 pm
- The issue of MICAT- I Call Letters/Admit Card: November 26th, 2018
- Date of Exam: December 01st, 2018
- MICAT-I Score: December 18th, 2018
- Registration Opens: January 03rd, 2019
- Registration Closes: January 30th, 2019. at 11:50pm
- Issue of MICAT-II Call Letters/Admit Card: February 04th, 2019
- Date of MICAT-II: February 09th, 2019
- MICAT-II Score: February 19th, 2019
- GE & PI Shortlist: February 19th, 2019
- GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata: 07th, 08th, & 9th, March 2019
- GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad: 12th & 13th March 2019
- GE & PI at Bangalore & Mumbai: 16th, 17th & 18th March 2019
- Final Results: March 25th, 2019
MICAT Registration 2019 – Application Procedure
- Applicants need to register and enter details for the online application form. Post those Applicants have to pay the fees. After successful registration, aspirants will receive an email containing the MICA ID and MICA password. This MICA ID will be used for all future correspondence. One can also use this MICA ID and MICA password to modify details online.
- All the Applicants intending to apply for MICA Admission Test 2019 will have to remit a non-refundable application fee of Rs.1958/- (for all the categories).
Mode of Payment
- Applicants can choose to pay via the following methods:
Cash at SBI Bank
- Aspirants need to take a print out of the SBI bank Challan. This Challan has three parts. After paying the test fees at an SBI Bank branch in your city, the bank will return two parts of the stamped Challan.
- Keep one receipt with you. Sign the stamped MICA copy of the Pay-in-slip and send it to the Collection Centre at “Admissions Office, MICA, Shela, Ahmedabad-380058”.
Online Payment through Credit Card
- Aspirants can choose directly through Master or Visa Card online. Just follow the instructions given on official website after choosing credit card option.
- Demand Draft: Create a demand draft (DD) / multi city cheque/ at par cheque of the test fees from any Bank in favour of “MICA” payable at Ahmedabad.
- Aspirants can also choose to pay the fees at the payment counters available across various cities and make payment in cash.
Eligibility Criteria for MICAT PGDM-C 2019
- Admission to the PGDM (C) Program requires a Bachelor’s degree (in keeping with the 10+2+3 system) or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Applicants appearing for final examinations towards a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants who demonstrate the aptitude for expressing, assessing, and/or conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve business results tend to stand a better chance of being shortlisted.
- All those who apply shall have to take MICAT 2019.
MICAT 2019 Selection Process
- The Selection Process will be twice in one academic year and selection process twice – in December-January and Feb-March – we intend to provide more opportunities to MICA aspirants.
- In addition, by conducting the GE-PI process in four cities, we aim to increase MICA’s reach for aspirants from different parts of the country, while also reducing costs and stress levels for aspirants.
Step-II: MICA Admission Test (MICAT).
All the applicants are assessed on MICAT which consists of 6 sections: Psychometric (P), Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative Ability (QA), General awareness (GA), Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR) and Descriptive Test (DT).
Step-III: GE & PI: All the applicants shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT* & MICAT shall appear for both GE & PI.
Shortlisted applicants will be called for GE and PI at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
MICAT Exam Pattern 2019
Check out the MICAT Exam Pattern 2019, MICAT will be an online examination, wherein applicants’ knowledge will be tested on the following:
- Analytical and verbal ability
- Logical reasoning
- Divergent thinking
- Written communication skills
- Creativity potential
- General awareness about contemporary
Applicants should note that the exam pattern for MICAT-I and MICAT-II will be similar. MICAT question paper will include questions from the areas of media, marketing, advertising, current affairs, etc.
The examination comprises of two test papers i.e. Test Booklet 1, having 100 – 120 MCQs, and Test Booklet 2, containing subjective questions. Applicants should note that 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer
Short-listed applicants will be called for GE and PI at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai. (GE & PI applicant list is prepared on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT/XAT/GMAT and 50% MICAT scores)
MICAT 2019 Exam Centres
- MICAT 2019 will be held in Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Ajmer, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Dhanbad, Faridabad, Gandhinagar (Gujarat), Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Gwalior, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Meerut, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Muzaffarnagar, Nagpur, Noida, Panjim, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi, Surat, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam.
MICAT Admit Card 2019
- The dates for downloading MICAT 2019 Admit Card are yet to be declared. The admit cards will be available on the official website (after closing of registration).
- Applicants need to carry the admit card to the test centre along with a photo-identity card (Passport, driving license, College/Institute identity card, Aadhaar card, Pan Card, Voters ID Card).