MITID DAT 2020 MITID Design Aptitude Test Notification
MITID DAT 2020: MAEER’s MIT Institute of Design has invited online application for admission to the UG & PG Programs with the following specialization through Design Aptitude Test (DAT 2020) for the academic year 2020-21. MITID Admission in UG and PG Courses will be granted on the basis of MITID DAT 2020 and Studio Test and Interview round performance. The DAT is due to be held on 05th April 2020, and the interested applicants may apply online.
MITID Offers B.Des and M.Des Programs in
- Product Design
- Transportation Design
- Interior Space & Furniture Design
- Retail Design
- User Experience Design
- Graphic Design
- Animation Film Design
- Film & Video Design
- Game Design (only for B.Des)
- Immersive Media Design (only for M.Des)
- Transcultural Design (only for M.Des)
- B.Des Fashion Design
- B.Des Fashion Communication
- M.Des Design Management
- M.Des Fashion Management & Marketing
- ****Collaborative Twinning Programs
Bachelors Programs (2+2 years)
- BA (Hons) Design for Industry (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Transportation Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) 3D Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Motion Graphics & Animation (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BSc (Hons) Product Design and Technology (In collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
- BSc (Hons) Design Engineering (In collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
Seat Intake in MIT Institute
- M.Des Program: 200 Seats
- M.Des Fashion Programs – 60 Seats
- M.Des Fashion Design: 150 Seats
- M.Des Fashion Management & Marketing: 15 Seats
- BA (Hons) Fashion Programs: 60 Seats
- MBA in Fashion Management & Marketing: 15 Seats
- Intake for NRI, PIO, OCI & International students will be maximum 10% over and above of regular intake
- Rules of reservations apply as per the prevalent Govt. of Maharashtra directives.
MITID DAT 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date to submit the Application Form: 11th September 2019 and 28th February 2020
- MITID DAT 2020 Exam Date: 05th April 2020
- Announced of Result: 20th April 2020
Studio Test & Interview
- M.Des: 04th May to 09th May 2020
- M.Des Fashion: 11th May to 14th May 2020
- M.Des DM & FMM: 15th & 16th May 2020
- M.Des: 18th to 22nd May 2020
Studio Test & Interview
- M.Des Final List: 11th May 2020
- M.Des Fashion: 15th May 2020
- All M.Des: 23rd May 2020
MITID DAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor of Design Program (4 years, 8 semesters)
The basic eligibility for admissions in the Graduate Diploma Program is 10+2 from any stream, (State Boards AISSCE/IB/ISC) the students have to clear the admission process comprising of Design Aptitude test followed by studio test and personal interview.
Master of Design Program (4 years, 8 semesters)
The basic eligibility for admissions in the Post Graduate Diploma Programme is Graduate or its equivalent (10+2+3 minimum), the students have to clear the admission process comprising of Design Aptitude test followed by studio test and personal interview.
MITID DAT 2020 Selection Process
Admission is on the basis of the MITID method of selection, which extends beyond the student’s previous academic qualifications.
The MITID Admission Committee systematically seeks evidence of the perception, attitude, aptitude, achievement, and motivation essential for a challenging and satisfying design career.
The objective of the tests and the interviews is to ascertain the above qualities.
The Admission Process is in Two Phases:
Phase-1: MITID-DAT (Design Aptitude Test) conducted at various centers across the country. MITID reserves its right to change or cancel any of these centers. Based on scores obtained from MITID-DAT, shortlisted applicants will be called for the second phase.
Phase-2: Studio Test and Personal Interview at MITID campus in Pune. The second phase of the admission procedure will consist of studio tests followed by personal interviews at the Institute in Pune. The list of shortlisted applicants for the Second Phase will be announced on the MITID website.
No separate call letters will be sent to the shortlisted applicants. All those applicants called for the second phase are required to attend the studio tests and interview, which completes the process of selection.
The Admission Committee decides the procedures, grades, and weightage every year.
MITID DAT 2020 Exam Centers
The Design Aptitude Test (DAT) will be held in the following centers: Nagpur, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Patna, Lucknow, Goa, Indore, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Bhopal, Chennai, Pune, and Delhi.
MITID DAT 2020 Application Form
Application Forms will be available on the 28th of February 2020 on the website www.mitid.edu.in.
The applicant has to fill the online application form available on the website and submit a duly filled hard copy of the form at the institute address mentioned below preferably by speed post before due date along with all applicable self-attested documents & Demand Draft of Rs.3360/- (Rs.3000 +12% GST) for Indian applicants and Rs.5040/- (Rs.4500 + 12% GST) for NRI, PIO, CIO & Foreign Nationals in favour of “MIT ADT University-MIT Institute of Design” drawn on Pune branch as fees for Design Aptitude Test or Online Payment through Net Banking /Credit Card/Debit Card.
The Design Aptitude test fees can also be paid online while filling up the form; the incomplete application forms/not satisfying eligibility criteria will be rejected. The Design Aptitude test fees can also be paid online while filling up the form.
MITID DAT 2020 Application Fee
MITID DAT Application Fee – Applicants can pay the application fee either in the online mode or by issuing a demand draft in favour of MIT ADT University-MIT Institute of Design.
Indian Nationals – Rs 3060/-(Rs.3000 +12% GST)
NRI, PIO, CIO, & Foreign National – Rs 5040/- (Rs.4500 + 12% GST)
Step 1: Online Payment through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card Demand Draft in favour of MIT ADT University-MIT Institute of Design.
The applicant has to write their names behind the demand draft & sent it to the following address Admission Cell, MIT Institute of Design, Rajbaug, Loni Kalbhor, Pune Solapur Highway, Pune-412201.
On scrutiny, verification and acceptance of application form, admit card will be generated and sent to applicants registered email id.
Applicants can also download the Admit Card by login to his/her profile on DAT portal.
Step 2: Get MITID DAT Admit Card.
After the application form is successfully submitted, applicants will receive MITID DAT 2019 admit card on their registered email IDs.
MITID DAT Admit card contains details such as the name and roll number of the applicant as well as the date, time, and allotted center for the design entrance exam.
Step 3: Appear for MITID DAT
After getting the admit card, applicants need to appear for the exam at the allotted MITID-DAT exam center. MITID DAT contains questions on subjects such as Drawing and Sketching, General Knowledge, and Logical Reasoning.