MMU Mullana PhD Admission 2019 Notification
MMU Mullana PhD Admission 2019: Maharishi Markandeshwar University (MMU) Mullana Ambala has invited application for admission to its PhD Programs (Doctor of Philosophy) for 2019-20 sessions.
PhD Program Disciplines
Maharishi Markandeshwar University invites applications by September 04th, 2019 for admission to the PhD Program in the following disciplines:
- Technical Stream: Computer Science & Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Computer Science and Applications; Civil Engineering; Bio-Technology; Physics; Chemistry; English; Hotel Management; Management; Mathematics; Pharmacy.
- Medical Stream: Physiotherapy; Anatomy; Biochemistry; Microbiology; Pharmacology; Physiology; Community Health/Public Health.
- Nursing Stream: Nursing
Duration of the Program
- The PhD Program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including coursework and a maximum of six years. However, the applicant is to do research work for a minimum duration of two years after the approval of synopsis by the Research Advisory Committee.
MMU Mullana Application Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: September 04th, 2019
- Date of MMU PhD Entrance Test: September 07th, 2019 (Sunday) at 11.00 AM
Check out more Entrance Exams
MMU Mullana PhD Application Form 2019
- Prospectus containing Application Form and other details including No. of seats in each of the disciplines can be obtained from the counter of the University on payment of Rs.1000/- or can be downloaded from the website of the University in which case a Bank Draft of equivalent amount drawn in the name of MM University will have to be enclosed with the application.
MMU PhD Eligibility Criteria 2019
Applicant for admission to the PhD Program must have obtained any of the following academic qualifications in the discipline of research or a subject allied thereto (the alliance to be decided by the Academic Council on the recommendations of the respective Board of Studies) at the Master’s degree level (M.Tech/M.E., MBA, MCA, M.A, M.Sc., etc. other than M.Phil) from a recognized University:
Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade/CGPA in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
Applicant’s who have cleared the M.Phil. coursework with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade/CGPA in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the PhD Degree in the same Institution in an integrated program.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade/CGPA under 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 above may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of applicants without including the grace mark procedures as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
MMU Mullana PhD Selection Procedure
Except for those exempted from Entrance Test as per conditions mentioned in the Prospectus, Admissions will be made on the basis of merit of Entrance Test which will now be held on September 07th, 2019 (Sunday) at 11.00 am followed by the interview in the University.
The selection of the applicants for admission to the Ph.D. Program will be made on the basis of merit of the Entrance Tests to be conducted by the University followed by the interview in the respective Departments/ Institutes.
Those who have qualified UGC/CSIR NET in respective disciplines or M. Tech with GATE for seeking admission in PhD Program other than Medical/Dental streams, will not be required to appear in the Entrance Test and will be considered for admission on the basis of their academic merit followed by interview which will also expose the applicants about their depth on the subject, research aptitude, area of research, suitability, etc.
Admission will be made on the basis of merit of entrance test to be held on September 07th, 2019 at 11.00 a.m. followed by the interview at the University.
Check out MMU MSc Nursing Admission 2019
A limited number of Fellowships of Rs.12000/- P.M with contingency up to Rs.6000/- per annum are available in the subjects other than the subjects of the Faculties of Medical Sciences & Dental Sciences and some of the selected applicants may also be considered for the award of Fellowship on their merit and research aptitude.
The continuation of the Fellowship and utilization of the amount of Contingency will be made as per guidelines framed by the University from time to time and subject to satisfactory progress report.