MNNIT Allahabad PhD Admission 2019: MNNIT (Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology) Allahabad has invited applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program in Engineering, Management, Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) and Geographic Information System (GIS) for the session 2019.
MNNIT Allahabad PhD Admission 2019 Notification
MNNIT Allahabad PhD Admission Dates 2019
- Advertisement for PhD admission: November 21st, 2018
- Start of Online Application Process: November 21st, 2018
- Closing date for Online Application Process: December 10th, 2018, Midnight
- Last Date for Receipt of the Printed & Signed Application Form: December 15th, 2018 (up to 5.30 PM)
- Written Exam in the Dept. of Mechanical Eng., Civil Eng., Computer Science & Engineering, Physics, Electrical Eng., Humanities & Social Sciences, Biotechnology: December 19th, 2018 (10.00 am to 11am)
- Date of Written Exam in the Dept. of Applied Mechanics, Mathematics, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Chemistry, School of Management Studies ,GIS Cell and Chemical Engineering: December 19th, 2018 (12.00 Noon to 1:00 pm)
- Date of Interview: In all departments December 20th, 2018 (9:00 am onwards)
- Declaration of PhD Admission Result: December 29th, 2018
- Submission of Institute fee by the selected applicants: January 02nd, 2019
- Physical Registration (for all selected applicants): January 02nd, 2019
Check out more Phd Admission 2019
MNNIT Allahabad PhD Application Form 2019
Applicants are required to submit their application through online application system using the portal www.academics.mnnit.ac.inonly. “No other means of an application shall be acceptable”.
Two Steps in Online Application Procedure.
Register by filling your personal details and pay fee by SBI-collect (online payment).
An application ID will be provided in this step; please note it carefully as it will be required in step-2 Application fee is Rs.1200/- for OPEN and OBC-NC applicants for each programme; for SC/ST category admission fee is Rs.600/- for each programme.
Online filling of application form: Login with application ID provided in step-1, before starting the online filling of application form, please make sure that you have the soft copy of your passport size photograph in JPEG (up to 30 kb) format.
After login, follow the instructions for filling application form; take print out the form, attach the photocopy of documents as mentioned and send on the address:
Admission Cell, Office of the Dean (academic), Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, Allahabad-211004.
Write on the top of enveloping the name of the programme in which you are applying, e.g. “Application for PhD in ………… Engineering Department; Course Code”.
MNNIT Doctoral Programs Offered
Institute Stipendiary Full Time Scholar (Course Code – 11).
- These scholars shall be eligible for financial assistance in the form of fellowship at the approved rates and guidelines as notified by MHRD from time to time; the fellowship shall be awarded to the students of this category on a Semester-to-Semester basis depending on the satisfactory academic performance of the scholar.
Self-financed Full-Time Research Scholar (Course Code – 12).
- Self-financed full-time research scholars are those who support themselves or receive the fellowship from other agencies such as UGC/CSIR & DST etc; they shall not receive any financial support from the Institute in any.
Sponsored Full-Time Research Scholars (Course Code – 13).
- Sponsored full-time Research Scholars are those who receive financial support from AICTE under QIP scheme of from Govt/Semi-Govt. Institutions/Govt/Semi-Govt Organizations under study leave; such an applicant must be sponsored by his/her employer and must have been in employment with the sponsoring organization for at least two years at the time of admission.
- Foreign students may be sponsored by their Govt. & Awarded scholarship by Govt. of India, Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) and other such agencies/organizations.
Faculty/Staff/Sponsored Project Fellow of MNNIT Allahabad Part Time Research Scholars (Course Code – 14)
- Applicants under this category shall be Faculty/Staff of the Institute/Project Fellow working in the various sponsored research projects undertaken by the Institute; project fellow, if admitted, shall be required to pursue his/her PhD research work in the area of the research project and with PI and/or Co-PI only.
MNNIT Allahabad PhD Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have a minimum mark of 60% aggregate or 6.5 C.P.I. (Cumulative Performance Index in ten point scale) in qualifying exam; for SC/ST applicant’s eligibility in specified minimum marks will be relaxed by 5% as per the Govt. of India norms.
The eligibility conditions given above are the absolute minimum. Departments may prescribe any requirements over and above these, subject to the approval of the Chairman, Senate.
Reservation in the program will be done as per the Govt. of India rules.
PhD in Engineering: Applicant with a Master degree in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with marks not below 60% or CPI 6.5; or Applicant with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Masters Degree in Science/ Applied biological sciences / Computer Application or any appropriate discipline with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0 shall only be considered.
PhD in Management: Applicant with a Master’s Degree in Management/Technology/ Engineering/ Economics/ Commerce / Science / Computer Applications/Social Science with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CPI 6.5 (or);
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0 shall be considered or; A qualified Chartered Accountant having minimum three years of professional experience as practicing Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 60% marks at both graduation level, as well as CA examination.
PhD in Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS): Applicant with a Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 60% Marks or CPI 6.5; or Applicant with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Pharmacy with marks not below 75% or CPI 8.0 shall only be considered.
PhD in Geographic Information System (GIS) Cell:
- The applicant with an M.Tech or equivalent degree in GIS & Remote Sensing/Civil Engineering/Computer Science and Engineering/ Electronics/Information Technology/Agriculture Engineering/Mining Engineering with minimum marks 60% or CPI 6.5; or.
- The applicant with an M.Sc. or equivalent degree in GIS & Remote Sensing/Applied Geology/ Geophysics/ Geography/ Environmental Science/Computer Science or degree in Master of Computer Application with minimum marks 75% or CPI 8.0 or;
- The applicant with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0.
MNNIT Allahabad PhD Selection Procedure
- Applicants are selected based on interviews and/or written examination. Shortlisted applicants after written examination will be allowed for interview only after verification of documents in original.
- The offer of admission shall also stand withdrawn if the applicant fails to register by the last date of registration after accepting the offer of admission.
- Shortlisted applicants after the written exam will be allowed for interview only after verification of documents (original).
- Reservation will be considered across the Institute in each course category as per Govt. of India Norms.
- The number of seats may vary depending upon availability of Supervisors in that department and will be decided at the time of interview.
MNNIT Allahabad PhD Fee Structure
- Hosteller – 1st Semester – Rs.15976/-; All Intermediate Semester – Rs.12201/- (Even); Rs.11925/- (Old); Last Semester – Rs.14125/-.
- Day Scholar – 1st Semester – Rs.14601/-; All Intermediate Semester – Rs.10826/- (Even); Rs.10350/- (Old).
- Day scholars will be required to pay Rs.1375/- less in odd semester and Rs.1575/- less in even semester.
MNNIT Allahabad Address
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad-211004, Tel.: 0532-2545404, Email: [email protected], Website www.mnnit.ac.in.