NII Delhi PhD Admission 2019 | NII PhD Entrance Exam 2019
NII Delhi PhD Admission 2019: National Institute of Immunology (NII) Delhi has invited application for admission to PhD Program 2019 session through entrance exam.
About National Institute of Immunology Delhi
Our research groups at Product Development Cell have been working on the translational aspect of immunology and modern biology since last 27 years. In the initial years, we were instrumental in developing the immunodiagnostic kit, leprosy vaccine and recombinant fermentation process for the production of proteins. We have published the very first report of highest expression of recombinant protein in E. coli on Indian studies (J. Biotechnology, 1999). In recent years, we are working mostly on protein refolding from inclusion bodies, development of polymeric nanoparticle-based vaccine delivery system and design of polymer scaffold for tissue engineering applications. The research of our groups is well documented with 120 research papers, 9 book chapters and 30 patents at NII. A couple of technologies developed by us has been transferred to industry for commercialization.
Check out more Phd Entrance Exams 2019
NII Delhi PhD Programs Offered
- Cutting-edge research at the Institute encompasses broad interdisciplinary areas (i) Infection and Immunity, (ii) Genetics Molecular and Cellular Biology, (iii) Chemical, Structural and Computational Biology and (iv) Reproduction and Development.
- Minimum academic qualifications required are M.Sc. or equivalent in any branch of science, or M. Tech or MBBS or M.V.Sc or M.Pharm or equivalent qualification as per the norms of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi along with 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) and bachelor’s degree, and at least 55% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Master’s degree is required.
- The Institute invites applications from applicants who have completed or are likely to complete the required courses this academic year.
- Rounding off of percentage score to next integral value is not permitted.
- Applicants appearing for the qualifying exam this academic year may also apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfillment of the above requirements the time of joining.
- Reservations of seats – 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC (non-creamy layer) and 3% for Physically Handicapped as per statutory norms
NII Delhi PhD Selection Procedure
Applicants applying for PhD (2019-20) at the National Institute of Immunology (NII) will be short-listed for interviews (to be held at NII in February 24th, 2019) after qualifying at least one of the following examinations:
NII will select applicants for the PhD Program through the following Channels:
- Channel-1: Computer-based Entrance Exam, NII-2049 to be conducted by NII at multiple centres all over India on 24th February 2019 (Sunday) or;
- Channel-2: Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS-2019). Applicants applying through JGEEBILS-2019 must submit an application through NII Application Portal, along with application fees and the JGEEBILS 2019 admit card.
- The list of applicants shortlisted for Interviews shall be available on the NII website and Notice Board on or before March 15th, 2019.
- Interviews will be held at the National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi from 13th to 15th June 2019.
NII Delhi Phd Application Form 2019
- Applications should be submitted online only on www.nii.res.in online application facility will be available at NII website.
- Applicants having difficulty in accessing NII PhD admission portal may contact Administrative Officer (Academic and Training), National Institute of Immunology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067.
NII Delhi Phd 2019 Exam Date
- Online Application Beings: December 26th, 2018
- Online Application Closing: January 27th, 2019
- Admit Card Available for Download: February 06th, 2019
- NII-2019 Entrance Exam Date: February 24th, 2019
National Institute of Immunology Address
National Institute of Immunology (NII), New Delhi (An Autonomous Research Institute), JNU Complex, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067, Tel.: 011-26717101, Email: [email protected], Website www.nii.res.in.