National Overseas Scholarship 2019 for ST Students for Master’s Level, PhD Level and Post-Doctoral Level
National Overseas Scholarship 2019 for ST Students: An official notification has been released by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India calling out for interested and eligible applicants who wish to pursue higher studies abroad at Master’s Level, PhD Level and Post-Doctoral Level for National Overseas Scholarship for ST Students 2019-20
- The key objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to underprivileged ST students.
Check out more Scholarship Programs
Number of Scholarships
20 awards per year would be sanctioned to ST students as under:
- Scheduled Tribes: 17
- Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PTG): 03
National Overseas Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Receiving Application is September 30th, 2019
Check out National Scholarship Portal
National Overseas Scholarship Award
- Scholarship reward it covers maintenance allowance of USD 15,400 per annum for all courses in the US or GBP 9,900 per annum for all courses in the UK.
- Annual contingency and equipment allowance of USD 1,532 for the US applicants and GBP 1,116 for the UK applicants.
- Poll tax and visa fees are also payable under this scheme in Indian rupees. Incidental journey expenses of up to USD 18.70 or its equivalent in Indian rupees. Tuition fee, medical insurance premium and cost of air passage will also be paid.
National Overseas Scholarships are Available
- The subjects/disciplines in which courses may be undertaken for grant of award are (01) Engineering; (02) Management; (03) Economic/Finance; (04) Pure Science; (05) Applied Science; (06) Agriculture; (07) Medicine; (08) Humanities; (09) Social Science.
National Overseas Scholarship 2019 Duration
Scholarships are provided only upto the completion of studies or the following period whichever is earlier:
- Post-Doctoral: 1 and ½ years
- PhD: 4 years
- Master’s Degree: 3 years
Check out NTSE 2020 Notification
National Overseas Scholarship 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have: Scored 55% or equivalent grades in relevant Master and PhD Program a desirable professional/research/teaching experience of 5 years in the concerned field. (For Post-Doctoral courses).
Scored 55% or equivalent grades in relevant master’s program with a desirable professional/ research/ teaching experience or M.Phill degree of 2 years in the concerned field (For Ph.D. degree).
Scored 55% or equivalent grade in relevant bachelor’s degree with a desirable working experience of 2 years in the concerned field (For Master’s degree) Annual family income less than INR 6 Lac from all sources.
- The applicants must be below 35 years of age.
National Overseas Scholarship Selection Procedure 2019
All applications received within the stipulated period will be put before the Screening Committee for short-listing of the applications. The applicants shortlisted by the Screening Committee will be required to present themselves for a personal interview before the Selection Committee.
The merit list prepared, on the basis of the assessment of individual applicants, by the Selection Committee, will finally and decisively complete the selection procedure to decide the merit. Call letters to eligible applicants will be posted on the Ministry’s website for the interview.
National Overseas Scholarship Application Form 2019
Eligible applicants can apply for the scholarship online at www.tribal.nic.in/NOS/.
The applicants shall, after assessing their eligibility and suitability, as per conditions of the scheme, apply to this Ministry online within the last date of applying for the same.
Applicants will have to furnish their e-mail id, Aadhaar number and mobile number in the application form.
Attested copies of the following documents must accompany applications;
- Matriculation or other certificates as proof of date of birth
- Caste certificate from the competent authority
- All Degrees/Diplomas/Certificate with mark-sheets
- Income certificate (in original)
Employed applicants must send their applications through employer along with a NOC from the employer, who should forward it to this Ministry. In the case of final selection, the employed awardee has to sort out himself/herself all administrative matters like study leave, salary, etc., with his/her employers.
- National Scholarship Registration
- National Scholarship Test 2020
- Made Easy National Scholarship Test 2020
- List of Vidyasaarathi Scholarship
- West Bengal Scholarship