National Scholarship Portal – All India Scholarships
National Scholarship Portal: National scholarships portal is a one-stop solution through which different services for different clients like applicant application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various National scholarships to the students are enabled.
National e-Governance Plan (Ne-GP) has taken National Scholarships Portal as a Mission Mode Project.
This portal provides a simplified, mission-oriented, accountable, responsive and transparent ‘SMART’ system for the effective and fast disposal of scholarships applications and fund delivery directly into the account of beneficiaries without any type of leakage.
Mission Mode Project (MMP) of National Scholarships Portal under the National e-Governance Plan provides the common electronic portal for implementing various Scholarships scheme executed by the State Government, Union Government, and Union Territories.
Vision: National Scholarships Portal is a one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to Students are enabled. This initiative aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent ‘SMART’ System for faster and effective disposal of Scholarships applications and delivery of funds directly into beneficiaries account without any leakages.
Mission: The Mission Mode Project (MMP) of National Scholarships Portal under the National e-Governance Plan aims at providing a common electronic portal for implementing various Scholarships schemes launched by Union Government, State Government and Union Territories across the country.
- Ensure timely disbursement of Scholarships to students.
- Provide a common portal for various Scholarships schemes of Central and State Governments Create a transparent database of scholars.
- Avoid duplication in processing
- Harmonization of different Scholarships schemes & norms Application of Direct Benefit Transfer.
National Scholarship Portal Application Dates
- National Scholarship Portal is Open for Academic Year 2019-20 from 15th July 2019
- National Scholarship Portal Last Date: 31st October 2019
Check out Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2019
Benefits of National Scholarship Portal
Simplified Process for the students
- All information regarding scholarships under one roof.
- Single integrated application for all type all of the scholarships.
- The scheme is suggested by the system for which a student is eligible.
- Duplicates can be reduced to an optimum extent.
Helps in standardization
- Master data for Institutions and courses at all India level.
- Scholarships processing
Decision Support System (DDS)
- The portal serves as a decision support system for various ministries and departments.
Check out NTSE 2020 Notification
Central Scholarship Schemes:
–Ministry of Minority Affairs: It provides a pre-matric and post-matric Scholarships scheme for minority students. Also, a Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS is being provided by the ministry.
–Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities: It grants Pre-Matric scholarships for students with disabilities, Post-Matric Scholarships for students with disabilities and Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities.
-Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment: This ministry provides top-class education scheme for SC Students.
-Ministry of Labour and Employment: The ministry gives post-matric and pre-matric financial assistance for the education of the wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers and Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh.
-Ministry of Tribal Affairs: National Fellowship and Scholarship is being provided for the higher education of ST students.
-Department of School Education and Library: This department provides a national scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE) and National Merit-cum-Means scholarship.
–Department of Higher Education: Department of higher education provides a Central Sector Scheme. The said scheme provides scholarships to College and University Students.
–WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs: Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles comes under this ministry.
–RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway: Railway ministry processes the Prime Minister’s scholarship scheme for RPF/RPSF.
UGC Scholarship Schemes:
MHRD along with UGC works on various scholarship schemes encouraging students of different regions to work hard in higher education. Some of the popular schemes are:
- ISHAN UDAY (for the northeastern region only)
- PG INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP for Single Girl Child,
- PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (First and Second Rank Holders)
- PG Scholarship Scheme for SC ST Students for pursuing higher education.
AICTE Scholarship Schemes:
AICTE under MHRD provides following scholarships for various technical courses and they are-
- PRAGATI Scholarship Scheme for Girls for Technical Education, for the degree as well as diploma students.
- SAKSHAM Scholarship Scheme for differently-abled Students for Technical Education, for the degree as well as diploma students.
National Scholarship Portal Registration
Check out National Scholarship Registration complete process. Applicants applying for the first time for the scholarship are required to register on the portal by clicking on the “New Registration” link provided on the home page.
- In the registration form, students need to mention their domicile state correctly as the Application Id allotted to them will be based on their domicile state and can’t be changed once allocated.
- Scholarship schemes are divided broadly into four categories and the students need to select the relevant one based on the class/course in which they are studying.
- Then the student needs to provide the name, date of birth (DOB) as printed in their class 10th certificate for applying for Post Matric, MCM and Top Class Scheme,
- Students are advised to provide an authenticated mobile number because all the information related to the portal activities will be sent on provided mobile number.
- In the case of Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme, students can provide their parents’ mobile number.
- Then, provide the correct email id for identification details, then students need to enter the 12 digit Aadhar number.
- If a student registers through Aadhar number then preference will be given to Aadhar seeded eligible student at the time of scholarship disbursement.
- Otherwise, when a bank account is selected as an identifier then along with IFSC code and account number, he/she needs to upload the copy of their bank passbook.
- In the case of Pre-Matric scholarship scheme, students can provide their parents’ bank account number. However, parents account number can only be provided for two scholarships irrespective of the number of children.
- Also, you need to provide the “Annual Family Income” as per the income certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Students are advised to submit only “One Application Form” otherwise, all the applications will be considered duplicate and will be rejected.
- Login Id and password to log into National Scholarships Portal (NSP) will be your Application Id and Date of Birth respectively.
How to apply for various scholarships?
After completing the registration process, the students need to log in with proper credentials and apply for the required scholarship as given below:-
- Click on the “Student Login” link provided on the home page of the portal.
- Fill up the complete details as per the instructions provided by the system and click on the Save button.
- After saving the application a new temporary ID will be generated. This temporary ID will be required by the system to fill the details afterward.
- Once all the details are filled, a permanent registration ID is generated which can be used for various purposes like checking the status of the application and renewal of the application and so on.
- To apply for a renewal application.
- Only those students who have got the scholarship last year will be able to apply for renewal. The same can be done by using the application ID provided last year and the date of birth of the student.
- So, grab up this opportunity and apply for the relevant scholarship right now.