NBHM Mumbai Scholarships for Pursuing Doctoral Program (PhD) in Mathematics 2019
NBHM Mumbai Phd Mathematics Scholarships 2019: The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) has invited applications for PhD Mathematics Scholarships 2019 for students pursuing doctoral program (PhD) in Mathematics for 2019 sessions. NBHM conducts joint screening test for the NBHM Scholarships and admissions to the PhD/Integrated PhD programs of certain institutions in India, which include Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI), Allahabad, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune and Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc) Chennai.
- Scholarship amount of Rs.25,000/- per month for the first and 2nd year and Rs.28,000/- per month for subsequent years, a contingency grant of Rs.32,000/- per year and house rent allowance as per central govt. norms wherever applicable will be received by the applicants.
Who can apply?
- Applicants for the NBHM PhD scholarship must be Mathematically motivated and hold a master’s degree in (pure or applied) mathematics or statistics or must be final year students of these degree courses.
- They must have a good academic record (first class or equivalent grade in all years from 10+2 level to the present; students having passed a B.Sc (Honours) course with a second class may also apply, provided they have a masters degree or are in the final year of the same.
Also Check: Scholarships 2019
Phd Mathematics Scholarships Dates 2019
- Last Date for receiving Applications: 07th December 2018
- Applicant should contact zonal coordinator: 04th January 2019
- Date of Written Test: 19th January 2019
- Applicants who have completed their B.S/M.A/M.Sc (or equivalent) degree and have secured admission to a recognized PhD program on or before 01st August 2019 are eligible.
Applicants must appear for a written test which will feature questions based on topics normally covered in master’s degree programs in mathematics.
The test will be of 150 minutes duration and will involve questions with short answers. Question papers of some earlier years will be available on the NBHM website.
Based on the performance of the written test, applicants will be short-listed for the interview before final selection.
- Zone-1: Chandigarh, Delhi, Srinagar.
- Zone-2: Allahabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur.
- Zone-3: Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar.
- Zone-4: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong.
- Zone-5: Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad.
NBHM Mumbai Application Form 2019
Applications should be made on plain paper in the given format.
Applications should be made on plain paper in the format given at the end of this website www.nbhm.dae.gov.in and should be sent along with a recent passport-sized photograph and a self-addressed envelope affixed with a Rs.5/- postage stamp to the address as given on website for the appropriate zone in which the applicant wishes to appear for the written test.
The envelope containing the application should be superscribed NBHM PhD Scholarship.