NTSE 2020 Scholarship | National Talent Search Exam 2020
NTSE 2020 Notification: The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) 2020 for students studying in Class X is meant to identify and nurture talent. The examination is conducted every year at 2 levels: Stage-I (Stage Level) and Stage-II (National Level).
NTSE Exam 2020 Notification – Released Now
Here you can check out complete details about NTSE 2020 examination like exam date, application form, exam pattern, eligibility, results, fees, etc for NTSE Exam 2020.
NTSE 2020 Scholarship Details
About 1000 scholarships are awarded for different stages of education as follows:
- Scholarship of Rs.1250/- per month for Class-XI to XII.
- Scholarships of Rs.2000/- per month for Undergraduates and Postgraduates.
- Amount of Scholarship for Ph.D. is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
Reservation for NTSE 2020: 15% scholarships will be reserved for students belonging to the SC category, 7.5% scholarships for students belonging to the ST category and 3% for the Physically Challenged group of students.
NTSE 2020 Important Dates
- Applicants may fill up the application form, available on the NCERT website and send it to the undersigned latest by December 31st, 2019
- Application Form for students studying abroad will be uploaded on NCERT Website in the month of October 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: To be notified by the respective State and it may vary from state to state
- NTSE Exam Date in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Andaman & Nicobar Islands: November 02nd, 2019 (Saturday)
- NTSE Exam Date in All other States and Union Territories except above & below mentioned 9 States/UTs: November 03rd, 2019 (Sunday)
- Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, NCT of Delhi and Jammu & Kashmir: November 17th, 2019 (Sunday)
- NTSE Examination in All States and Union Territories: May 10th, 2020 (Sunday)
Check out NSTSE 2020 Notification
NTSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
All students of Class X studying in recognized schools are eligible to appear for the Stage-I examination, conducted by the States/ UTs, in which the schools are located. There is no domicile restriction for students.
Students registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) will also be eligible for the scholarship, provided the student is below the age 18 years (as on 01st July of the particular year), the students are not employed and she is appearing in Class X examination for the first time.
NTSE 2020 Selection Procedure
Stage-I, the selection will be done by States/ UTs and those who qualify Stage-I will be eligible to appear for Stage-II examination, conducted by NCERT.
NTSE 2020 Exam Pattern
The pattern of written examination will be as follows:
Stage-I examination at the State/ UT level will comprise of two parts, namely:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Language Test (LT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
The examination will comprise of 2 parts, namely; Mental Ability Test (MAT) comprising 50 questions to be done in 45 minutes and; Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) comprising Language Comprehensive Test (English Language) having 40 questions to be done 45 minutes and Aptitude Test covering 90 questions on Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, History, Geography, Political Science and Economics of classes IX and X level to be done 90 minutes.
At Stage-II (National Level), there will be negative marking in each paper. For each wrong answer, 1/3 marks will be deducted. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
Qualifying Marks: Qualifying marks for applicants from General Category are 40% in each paper and for applicants from SC, ST and PH is 35% in each paper.
Language Test Qualifying in nature and marks obtained for Language Test will not be counted for final merit.
NTSE 2020 Registration
Check out NTSE Application Form 2020
- You may contact the State/ UT Liaison officer for procuring application form.
- The completed application form should be signed by the Principal of the school much before the last date of submission. The applicants, as well as the Principal of the school, must adhere to the last date for submission of the Application Form. Different states may have different last dates for submission.
- Please confirm from the liaison officer of your state, the address at which the completed forms are to be submitted.
- The State-wise contact of the Liaison officers are given below and are also available in the NCERT website www.ncert.nic.in.
NTSE 2020 Fees Details
- Fees: States and Union Territories may notify the fee required which will be paid for the Stage-I examination. Therefore, before submitting the application form, you may find out the fees charged for Stage-I Examination and also the mode of payment from the respective State Liaison Officers (LOs).
- However, NCERT does not charge any fee for Stage-II examination.
- Indian Students Studying Abroad in Class X can appear directly for Stage-II NTS Examination under conditions prescribed in the NTS brochure which is available on the NCERT website.
Applicants may fill up the application form, available on the NCERT website and send to the undersigned along with a photocopy of the mark sheet of the previous examination, latest by December 31st, 2019.
Check out more Latest Entrance Exams