Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences Hyderabad PhD Admission 2019
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2019: Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad, has invited online applications from eligible applicants of Telangana and the Andhra Pradesh States for admission into its PhD Program offered in various specialties for the session 2019. Check out the complete information like admission dates, entrance exam, eligibility criteria, application form, selection process and more details for NIMS Hyderabad Phd Courses 2019.
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Specialties
Applications are invited from eligible applicants of Telangana State for PhD Program for the year 2018 in the following specialties:
Emergency Medicine (01 Seat); Medical Oncology (01 Seat); Medical Genetics (04 Seats); Microbiology (02 Seats); Nephrology (04 Seats); Neurology (05 Seats); Neurosurgery (02 Seats); Pulmonary Medicine (03 Seats); Rheumatology (02 Seats); Surgical Gastroenterology (04 Seats).
Check out Phd Admission 2019
Description of PhD Degree award by NIMS Hyderabad
- The Ph.D. Degree awarded by the Institute shall be called as Doctor of Philosophy under Faculty of Medical Sciences. The subject specialty, subject and the title of the thesis shall be indicated in the certificate
Duration of the Program
- The duration of the course will be the time period from the date of registration to submission of the thesis.
- For the submission of the thesis, the minimum period is 3 years and the maximum period shall not exceed 5 years. However, further extension, for not more than 3 years, maybe given upon recommendation by the Doctoral Committee, explaining the need for the extension.
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission Dates 2019
- Availability of online application on website: July 15th, 2019
- Last date for submission of online application: July 31st, 2019
- Last date for submission of hard copy of application: August 02nd, 2019
- Availability of hall tickets for download: August 30th, 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination: September 04th, 2019
- Display of Provisional results: September 06th, 2019
- Date of Interview: Will be notified later
- Display of Merit List: Will be notified later
- Closure of admission: November 30th, 2019
Eligibility Criteria for NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2019
- Applicants seeking admission to the Ph.D. Program leading to the award of a degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences in Medical Microbiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Genetics, Physiology, Human Anatomy, Biotechnology, Psychology, Nutrition, etc. provided that the concerned subject is in relation to the specialties available in NIMS.
- MD-Ayurvedic Medicine (eligible for Ph.D. in Pharmacology only)
- Master of Physiotherapy (MPT)
Note: All the applicants to Ph.D. Should have 60% aggregate marks in the above subjects. In case a candidate has got above 59.5%, it will be rounded off to 60%
- Medical Graduates (MBBS) and Post Graduates in MD/MS/DNB/MD(Ayurvedic) are eligible irrespective of the percentage of marks
Check out Entrance Exams
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Selection Process 2019
- Selection will be made based on the performance of the applicants at aptitude interview.
- Merit List based on marks obtained in aptitude interview will be displayed on the NIMS website.
NIMS Hyderabad Fee Structure
- Annual Tuition Fee ‐ Rs 10,000/‐
- Thesis evaluation fee ‐ Rs 20,000/‐ (to be paid along with submission of thesis)
- Public Defence and Viva Conduct fee ‐ Rs.30,000/‐ (to be paid before fixing the viva date
- No‐stipend from the Institute funds will be paid to the candidate during the PhD Program. However, if student works under any project, the Project Sponsor will pay the stipend to students.
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Application Form 2019
- Applicants can download the application form from NIMS Website www.nims.edu.in
- Online Application Registration, Notification, and instructions to fill the application are available at NIMS Website www.nims.edu.in from 11.00 AM on 15th July 2019 till 05.00 PM of the 31st July 2019 and last date for submission of hard copy of the application is the 02nd August 2019.
- The candidates are advised to take a print out of the prospectus/instructions to fill the application form from the NIMS website www.nims.edu.in before proceeding to fill the online application form
- Applicants shall apply for Ph.D. Program in one subject only
- Incomplete and hand-written application forms are liable to be rejected
- An amount of Rs.1500/- towards application fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by the banks in India or through Internet banking
Check out more Admission Notification
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad, (A University Established under the State Act), Punjagutta, Hyderabad-5002082 (Telangana State), Website www.nims.edu.in