NIT Calicut MBA Admission 2019: National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut has invited online applications for admission to 2 years Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program offered in the School of Management Studies (SOMS) for the session 2019-21. The selection will be based on scores obtained in CAT/CMAT and credible performance in the group discussion and personal interview. Check out the National Institute of Technology Calicut MBA Admission 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, dates, and more info on this page about NIT Calicut MBA Admission 2019.
SOMS NIT Calicut
- School of Management Studies, at NIT Calicut, offers 2-year MBA Program (completely residential) allowing specialization in any two chosen functional areas of management.
- The Senate of the Institute, following the guidelines issued by MHRD, Govt. of India, shall decide admission Policy from time to time.
NIT Calicut MBA Offered
- MBA offered by SOMS is a two-year (four semester) full-time postgraduate program with an opportunity for dual specialization in the areas Finance, Human Resource, Marketing, Operations and Systems, and aims to nurture top-notch management professionals.
Duration of Program
- The duration of the regular MBA Program is two years, comprising four semesters at par with leading business schools in India.
- The applicants are expected to undergo a total of 28 courses, comprising 18 core subjects and 10 elective subjects grouped under six streams of specializations.
- The total intake or regular students for the year 2019 would be 60 as per as the seat matrix indicated. Intake for sponsored applicants for the year 2019 is 05 (five).
- Open Categories (29), OBC (15), SC (9), ST (05), OBC-DA (01), OPDA (01).
NIT Calicut MBA Eligibility Criteria
- The minimum academic qualifications to apply for admission to the MBA program 2019-21 at NIT Calicut are as follows:
- Applicants should have a bachelors degree in any discipline with Mathematics/Economics as a subject of study from a recognized University or Institution, on a full time basis with an aggregate minimum of 60% (or 6.5 out of 10 CGPA) for Open & OBC categories and 55% (or 6.0 out of 10 CGPA) for SC & ST categories.
- Final year students are also eligible to apply. Such applicants, if selected, will be admitted provisionally, on the condition that they complete all requirements for the qualifying degree with minimum marks stipulated above, before the commencement of the programme and produce a provisional certificate of completion within two months of joining the program.
- The applicants should also have a valid Common Admission Test (CAT) /Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT) score or expecting the Results of the same.
- By their employers to pursue an MBA at NIT Calicut, should forward their application through proper channel; they must have a minimum work experience of 3-yrs in the sponsoring organization, after graduation in any of the disciplines prescribed for regular applicants.
Selection Process for NIT Calicut MBA Admission
- The selection will be based on scores obtained in CAT/CMAT and creditable performance in the group discussion and personal interview to be held in Calicut, Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi and Mumbai and credits will be accounted for work experience, scores of Graduation/PG/PG Diploma, 10th and 12th Class etc.
NIT Calicut MBA Application Form 2019
- The Application can be submitted online through the Institute website www.nitc.ac.in or www.soms.nitc.ac.in.
- The printed datasheet obtained after uploading the application should be sent to the Chairperson PG Admissions, National Institute of Technology Calicut, Calicut-673601 (Kerala) with the necessary enclosures along with a Demand Draft (DD) for Rs.1000/- for Open & OBC and Rs.500/- for SC/ST applicants drawn in favour of “The Director, NIT Calicut” and payable at Calicut.
- Superscribe on the application cover “APPLICATION TO THE MBA PROGRAMME-SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES”.
- Applications, which are Incomplete/defective/received late, will be rejected summarily and no correspondence will be entertained on such applications.
NIT Calicut MBA Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Completed Application: March 11th, 2019
- Date of Publication of List of applicants selected for GD/PI: March 15th, 2019
- Tentative Dates of GD/PI: 23rd & 29th March 2019
- Publication of Results Date: April 19th, 2019
- Admission: April 15th, 2019