PhD Admission 2019 at National Institute of Technology Puducherry
NIT Puducherry PhD Admission 2019: National Institute of Technology (NIT), Puducherry has invited applications for admission to full-time & part-time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for 2019 sessions. Check out the complete details like application dates, entrance exam, application form, eligibility criteria, selection process, fees and more details for NIT Puducherry Phd Admission 2019.
PhD Program offered under the department of Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
NIT Puducherry PhD Admission Dates 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: December 28th, 2018
- Publication of Shortlisted applicants (institute Website): January 05th, 2019
- Date of Written Test & Interview: January 12th, 2019 (Reporting Time 8.30 am)
- Publication of Selected List of applicants (Institute Website): January 16th, 2019
- Reporting Date for Admission: January 21st, 2019
Duration of the Program
- A full time applicant can submit the synopsis and thesis only after a minimum period of study of 21 and 24 months respectively from the date of registration.
- A part time applicant can submit the synopsis and thesis only after a minimum period of study of 33 and 36 months respectively from the date of registration.
- The maximum period to complete the program is 5 years for full time applicants and 7 years for part time. However, scholarship will be given up to 4 years for full time applicants.
Check out Entrance Exams 2019
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Admission 2019
For PhD in Engineering Programs: Applicants with first class bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology and master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or a masters degree by Research (M.S By Research) in relevant Engineering/ Technology disciplines with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.5/ 10 for OC/ OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 is the eligibility requirement for SC/ ST/ PH category.
For PhD in n Science and Humanities Programs: Applicants with first class master’s degree in Sciences/ Humanities in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.5/ 10 for OC/ OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0/ 10 for SC/ ST/ PH category is the eligibility requirement.
Check out more Phd Admission 2019
Applicants are selected on the basis of GATE / NET / JRF/ SRF score will be screened by an entrance test and/ or interview.
Both fulltime and part time applicants will have a common written test. At the time of interview, applicants are expected to discuss their research interest/ area of interest.
NIT Puducherry PhD Application Form 2019
Applicants can download the application form from http://www.nitpy.ac.in.
The filled up application form along with self-attested photocopies of necessary documents along with a non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ ST/ PH) by means of demand draft drawn in favour of “The Director, National Institute of Technology, Puducherry” payable at Karaikal should reach “The Registrar (A/c), National Institute of Technology Puducherry, Thiruvettakudy, Karaikal–609609”.
Payment of Fees Details
One Time Fees at the time of Admission
- Admission – Rs. 200/-
- Grade Card – Rs. 150/-
- Medical Examination – Rs. 100/-
- Alumni Life Membership – Rs. 500/-
- Seminar/Thesis – Rs. 950/-
- Institute Deposit (Refundable) – Rs. 3,000/-
- Library Deposit (Refundable) – Rs. 500/-
- Total – Rs. 5,400/-
- Tuition – Rs. 7500/-
- Computer – Rs.1000/-
- Internet – Rs.300/-
- Library – Rs. 1,000/-
- Registration and Enrollment – Rs. 200/-
- Association and Cultural – Rs. 1,000/-
- Student Aid fee – Rs. 200/-
- Sports Centre – Rs. 100/-
- Medical and Insurance – Rs. 200/-
- Total – Rs.11500/-
- Establishment – Rs. 4,000.00
- Rent – Rs.6000/-
- Mess – Rs.12500/-
- One Time Caution Deposit (Refundable) – Rs. 4,000/-
- Total – Rs.26,500/-