National Institute of Technology Phd Programme 2019
NIT Sikkim Phd Admission 2019: National Institute of Technology (NIT) Sikkim has invites applications for admission to PhD programme 2019 session. Check out the complete details like eligibility criteria, application form, last date to apply and more details about NIT Sikkim Phd Admission 2019.
Offers PhD Programs in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Comm., Engg, Electrical and Electronics Engg, Civil Engg, Chemistry, Humanities and Social Sciences (Economics and English), Mathematics, Physics. applicants are also encouraged to undertake Ph.D program in interdisciplinary areas.
Last date for receipt of the printed and signed application form on first week of May 2019.
Also See: Phd Admission 2019
Eligibility for NIT Sikkim Phd Admission
The general eligibility criterion for admission in all Departments/fields are given below
These eligibility conditions are the absolute minimum; Departments may prescribe any other requirements over and above the minimum criteria, subject to the approval of the Postgraduate Committee
- a) Master degree in Engineering/ Technology with a minimum of 70 percent marks or equivalent grade or;
- b) Master degree in Science with First class or minimum 55 percent marks or equivalent grade or;
- c) Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Technology or equivalent, with minimum 75 percent marks or equivalent grade
For SC/ST applicants a relaxation of 5 percent marks or its equivalent grade will be considered
For admission in the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, applicants meeting the above requirement must also fulfil ONE of the following additional requirements:
- a) Valid GATE / CEED score
- b) CSIR / UGC / NBHM / DBT / DST award or Fellowship
- c) Minimum 2years of professional work experience, for Sponsored (FT02/ PT06), Selffinanced (FT03/PT07) categories, and Institute Staff of NIT Sikkim (“Institute Staff” sub-category of PT05)
- d) Minimum 6 months project work experience in the Institute, for Project Staff of NIT Sikkim (“Project Staff” sub-category of PT05)
NIT Sikkim Phd Admission Criteria 2019
- Admission will be based on written examination and interview
- Name of shortlisted applicants will be displayed on the Institute website later with the details of written examination/interview to be conducted by Admission Cell / Examination Cell in association with respective departments
NIT Sikkim Phd Fee Structure
Applicants selected for PhD programmes, whose names will be displayed on the Institute website, will be required to deposit a non-refundable amount in the form of a Demand Draft (DD) in favour of “Director, NIT Sikkim” payable at Ravangla by the first week of May 2019, as given below:
- a) Rs12,200/- (Rs4700/- in case of SC/ST) for full-time scholars, and
- b) Rs11,200/- (Rs3700/- in case of SC/ST) for part-time scholars
Admission fee is not refundable in any case whatsoever
If accommodation is provided, a hostel charge of Rs9000/- is required to be deposited at the time of registration in the form of Demand Draft (DD) in favour of “Director, NIT Sikkim” payable at Ravangla.
However the mess charges, which may vary time to time, has to be paid to “Chiefwarden, NIT Sikkim”
NIT Sikkim Phd Application Form 2019
Eligible candidates are required to download the application form from our Institute website www.nitsikkim.ac.in
Dully filled-in and signed application form along with a demand draft (DD) of Rs500/- (Rs100/- for SC/ST) in favour of “Director, NIT Sikkim” payable at Ravangla, must reach Assistant Dean (Academic Affairs), National Institute of Technology Sikkim, Ravangla, South Sikkim-737139
Documents required: The applicants are required to bring following documents at the time of written examination/interview; high school certificate in original; mark sheets of qualifying examination in original; character certificate issued by the Head of the institution last attended; certificate of sponsorship (if applicable); number of objection certificate from employer (if applicable); OBC/SC/ST /PH certificate, if applicable; certificate of OBMC (for a sub-quota of 4.5% for minorities within the 27% reservation for OBCs) b) The candidates are required to bring following documents at the time of registration i) Passport size Photographs (5 Nos.); ii) One set of attested copies of all the above documents listed in section 8 (a) above iii) Admission letter