Phd Admission 2019 at NIT Silchar
NIT Silchar Phd Admission 2019: NIT Silchar has invited applications for admission into PhD Program in the following departments for 2019 Session. Check out the complete details like admission dates, written test, application form, eligibility, selection process, last date and more information about NIT Silchar Phd Admission 2019.
Department of Phd Program: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Humanities & Social.
NIT Silchar Phd Admission Dates 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Form to the Institute: January 18th, 2019
- List of short-listed applicants to be uploaded in the Institute Website: January 31st, 2019
- Date of Written Test & Counselling & Verification: 14th and 15th February 2019
- Date of Sending Recommended List: February 19th, 2019 by the Dept to Dean (R & C)
- List of provisionally selected applicants to be uploaded in the Institute website: February 22nd, 2019
- Period of Registration: February 25th to March 05th, 2019
Minimum Qualifications for PhD Program
- Students for admission into PhD Programs in Engineering Departments must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Applicants should have M.E/M.Tech or equivalent in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 (on a 10-point scale) or equivalent (60% of marks); for SC/ST candidates, a minimum CPI of 6.0 (on a 10-point scale) or equivalent (55% of marks).
- Applicants should have B.E/B.Tech with an excellent academic record and with a CPI of at least 8.0 (on 10-point scale) or equivalent (75% of marks); for graduates from IITs/NITs, the minimum CPI requirement is 7.0 (on 10-point scale); for SC/ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 0.5 CPI or 5% of marks.
- Students for admission into the PhD Programs in Science and Management Studies departments must have a Master degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum CPI of 6.5 (on a 10-point scale) or equivalent (60% of marks); for SC/ST candidates, a minimum CPI of 6.0 (on a 10-point scale) or equivalent (55% of marks).
- Students for admission into the PhD Programs in Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) Dept. must have a Masters degree in any field a minimum CPI of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (55% of marks); for SC/ST candidates, a minimum CPI of 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (50% of marks).
- Assistantship: As per MHRD guidelines; depending upon availability of funds, some Institute scholarships are also available.
NIT Silchar PhD Application Form – How to Apply?
- Downloadable Application Form with other relevant papers is available in the Institute’s website www.nits.ac.in
- The Filled up Application Form must be accompanied with an Application Fee of Rs.500/- (for General/OBC) or Rs.250/- (for SC/ST) in the form of crossed Demand Draft (DD) in favour of Director, NIT Silchar, payable at Silchar; otherwise, the application form will be treated as cancelled.
- Application Form Complete in all respects should reach the Heads of the respective Depts, NIT Silchar, within January 18th, 2019 super-scribing “Application for admission into PhD Program under _______ Dept”., on the envelope.
- The application must not be sent to Dean (R&C); the applicants are advised to give their contact nos/e-mail ids in the application form.
- The final selection results will be available in the Institute website www.nits.ac.in
National Institute of Technology – NIT Silchar
Director: Prof. Rajat Gupta (I/C Director), National Institute of Technology Silchar, Cachar, Assam, Pin Code: 788010, Phone No.: 03842-242273 / 03842-224879, Mob. No.: +91-9435171942, Email ID: [email protected]/ [email protected], Website www.nits.ac.in.