Nursing Courses Details After 12th
Nursing Courses Details: Nursing is that the profession or follow of providing look after the sick and infirm. With the ever-growing health sector, the demand for nurses is increasing enormously day-by-day. It’s one in every of the foremost revered fields within the world as they kind a link between the doctors and therefore the patients. For this reason, nurses play a really necessary role in the recovery of their patients. They act as caregivers and offer not solely physical care in orchestrating medication however additionally provide emotional support, support and educate families. With the exception of the on top of affairs, nurses may also choose teaching and analysis jobs.
What is Nursing?
Nursing could be a profession inside the health care sector centered on the care of people, families, and communities so that they might attain, maintain, or recover the best health and quality of life. Nurses are also differentiated from different health care suppliers by their approach to patient care, training, and scope of apply. Nurses apply in several specialties with differing levels of prescription authority. several nurses offer care among the ordering scope of physicians, and this ancient role has formed the general public image of nurses as care suppliers.
One’s success within the nursing profession isn’t solely determined by what quantity theoretical data a nurse possesses, however additionally however resilient one is to use everything that has been taught–and that features the principle of caring. Nurses are trained to worry for strangers.
A career in Nursing may be exceptionally promising. It’s the foremost in person satisfying field one will imagine. During this article, all of your queries associated with nursing degrees area unit answered and processed. For queries concerning GNM Nursing degree, B.Sc Nursing, Post basic and M.Sc, dig deeper into this post article.
Check out Medical Entrance Exams
Nursing Courses questions answered by experts:
What is GNM Nursing Course and what is the admission process?
GNM (General Nursing & Midwifery) is an Undergraduate (UG) nursing course that prepares the students to develop an aptitude for nursing and to provide the required knowledge and skills to give comprehensive nursing care to patients for all types of illness. It is meant to prepare general nurses who can efficiently perform as members of the health team and capable of dealing with the competencies in both the hospitals and other such organizations.
Eligibility criteria for Nursing Courses
Age limit: Applicant must be at least 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year in which admission is sought and not more than 35 years of age.
- 10+2 class passed preferably Science (PCB) & English with an aggregate of 40% marks.
- 10+2 in Arts (Mathematics, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Health care Science – Vocational stream ONLY, passing out from recognized Board under AISSCE/ CBSE/ ICSE/ SSCE/ HSCE or other equivalent Board with 40% marks.
- 10+2 vocational ANM under CBSE Board or other equivalent board with 40% marks.
- Registered as ANM with State Nursing Registration Council.
- Also, Student shall be medically fit.
- Training duration is 3 years
What is BSc Nursing?
- BSc Nursing is a Degree program (Bachelor of Science Degree). INC (Indian Nursing Council) is the body governing the aspects of nursing education in India. BSc Nursing course follows the syllabus prescribed by the INC. The nursing syllabus consists of various subjects of study such as Anatomy, Nutrition, Child Care Nursing Mental Health Nursing, Medical-Surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Nursing Research and Statistics amongst many others. It is designed in a way to impart comprehensive insight into nursing.
Check out BSc Nursing Courses
What is the Duration for BSC Nursing Degree course?
- BSc (N) Basic is a 4-year long course.
What is the eligibility for BSC Nursing course?
- Minimum Education: 10+2 class passed with Science (PCB) & English Core/English Elective with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board.
- The student shall be medically fit.
- Students appearing in 10+2 examination in Science conducted by National Institute of Open School with 45% marks.
- The student shall be admitted once in a year.
- Age limit: The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
Is NEET required for admission to B.Sc Nursing Course in Medical Colleges?
- No, NEET is not compulsory to take admission in bachelor of nursing course.
What is the admission Process for BSc Nursing?
- Reputed institutes follow merit-based admission process. Under this scheme, marks scored by students in 10+2 board examination and/or relevant entrance test (national, state or institute-wise) are taken into consideration. Seats are allotted to deserving Applicants on the basis of merit marks obtained by them.
What is Post Basic BSc Nursing?
- The Post Basic BSc Nursing imparts advanced knowledge which is rendered through classroom & clinical teachings and educational visits. The scope encompasses nursing educational institutions, clinical nursing and public health nursing in community settings
- Duration: 2 years (Regular) and 3 years (basic)
What is the difference between B.Sc Nursing and Post Basic B.Sc Nursing?
- BSc Nursing is a simple and overall undergraduate degree. Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing on the other hand, is a type of BSc (Honours), in which the Applicant has done some prior academic work which is lower than that of a Bachelor’s degree. (Example: Diploma).
Which are the Top Nursing Colleges in India?
- RAK College of Nursing, Delhi
- CMC Vellore College of Nursing
- Manipal University: Manipal College of Nursing
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences: Department of Nursing
- Father Muller College of Nursing, Mangalore
- Sree Ramachandra Medical University, Chennai: College of Nursing
- Apollo College of Nursing, Chennai
- National Institute of Mental health and Neurosciences, Bangalore: Department of Nursing
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai: Nursing
- Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai: College of Nursing
What is MSc Nursing?
MSc Nursing is a postgraduate course in theories and principles of nursing and allied sciences. It is a two-year program which specializes in many branches. The mode of admission is mostly through Entrance Examination or through marks obtained in the qualifying examination and personal interview. Check here MSc Nursing Courses
- The Applicant should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The Applicant should have undergone in B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
In order to pursue higher studies or M.Sc in nursing, Applicants should have a B.Sc in nursing degree with the requisite marks. While studying M.Sc in nursing, they can specialize in the following areas:
- Oncological Nursing
- Cardiological/CTVS Nursing
- Nephrological Nursing
- Neurosciences Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing