Panjab University UBS MBA Admission 2019
Panjab University MBA Admission 2019: Panjab University, University Business School has invited applications from the eligible applicant for admission to following MBA Programs, through CAT 2018 entrance score for 2019 session. Various MBA Specializations offered by the UBS include MBA (Master of Business Administration), MBA (International Business) and MBA (Human Resource). Check out the complete details like dates, seats, eligibility criteria, application form, selection procedure, fee structure, admission form and more about Panjab University UBS MBA Admission 2019.
Check out more MBA Admission 2019
PU Seats for MBA Programs
Category wise Break up of Seats for MBA Programme(s) are given below.
Total Seats: 60 (for MBA), 30 (for MBA-HR) & 30 (for MBA-IB)
- General – 35 (for MBA), 16 (for MBA-HR) & 16 (for MBA-IB)
- Scheduled Castes – 10 (for MBA), 05 (for MBA-HR) & 05 (for MBA-IB)
- Scheduled Tribes – 05 (for MBA), 02 (for MBA-HR) & 03 (for MBA-IB)
- Backward Classes – 03 (for MBA), 02 (for MBA-HR) & 02 (for MBA-IB)
- Persons with Disability – 03 (for MBA), 02 (for MBA-HR) & 02 (for MBA-IB)
- Sports – 03 (for MBA), 02 (for MBA-HR) & 02 (for MBA-IB)
- Defence – 03 (for MBA), 02 (for MBA-HR) & 02 (for MBA-IB)
- Riots/Terrorist Victim – 01 (for MBA), 01 (for MBA-HR) & 01 (for MBA-IB)
- Freedom Fighter – 01 (for MBA), 01 (for MBA-HR) & 01 (for MBA-IB)
Panjab University MBA Admission Dates 2019
- Online Registration starts on 30th November 2018
- Last Date of Submission of Information on the Website to Generate the Fee Challan: 15th January 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Fee in any Branch of SBI using Website Generated Challan: 17th January 2019 (Thursday) upto 3:59 p.m.
- Last Date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the Website after depositing fee in SBI 19th January 2019 (Saturday)
- Last Date for Submission of Hard Copy of the Application Form along with the requisite documents (mentioned on the application form print out) to office of UBS: 25th January 2019 upto 04.00 pm
- Date of GD/PI: To be announced
PU UBS MBA Eligibility Criteria 2019
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline of the University or a degree of any other University which has been recognized by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate.
- Provided that in the case of applicants having Bachelor’s degree of the University through Modern Indian Languages (Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi (Gurmukhi script) and/or in a Classical Language (Sanskrit / Persian / Arabic) or degree of any other University obtained in the same manner recognized by the Syndicate, 50% marks in the aggregate shall be calculated by taking into account full percentage of marks in all the papers in Language excluding the additional optional paper, English and the elective subject taken together (or);
- A pass in the final exam conducted by the (a) Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, or (b) Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England, or (c) Institute of Company Secretaries of India (or);
- AMIE Examination with 50% marks or more after having passed the diploma examination with 60% marks or above and have at least 5 years research/teaching or professional experience and;
- Minimum of 10% score (5% in case of SC/ST/BC applicants) in each component of the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 viz., quantitative, logic and data interpretation, and verbal and/or any other component which may be added later at any stage to the CAT 2018.
Panjab University MBA Selection Procedure
Admission for these courses will be made on the basis of merit determined by scores of the applicants in Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 conducted by IIMs, followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD & PI).
All applicants wishing to apply for MBA Programs at UBS must take Common Admission Test (CAT)-2018 conducted by IIMs.
Check out CAT 2018 Details
The Group Discussion and Personal Interview of the short-listed applicants will be held at University Business School, Panjab University, Chandigarh; admission shall be made strictly on the basis of merit.
The weightage for CAT, Group Discussion and Personal Interview for preparing the final Merit List for admission will be as follows:
Written Test (CAT): 85% (of CAT 2018 Percentage Score and Not Percentile)
Group Discussion (GD): 7.5%
Personal Interview (PI): 7.5%
Panjab University MBA Fee Structure Details
- Applicants desirous of seeking admission to MBA Programs shall pay Rs.2000/- (Rs.1000/- for SC/ST applicants) as application/registration fee (non-refundable) for participation in the admission process for the session 2019.
- Other than Foreign Nationals/NRI: Generally the applicants will have to deposit Rs 8,612/- by DD in favour of Registrar, Panjab University Chandigarh, payable at Chandigarh towards part payment of the tuition fee and other university charges etc.
- Foreign Nationals/NRI: For Foreign Nationals/NRI applicants, the total fee is US$ 7485* per year; this consists of tuition fee US$ 6805* and registration fee US$ 680* (or US$ 460*) will also be charged from those who have passed the qualifying exam from a University/Institution other than Panjab University.
- Further, the applicants will have to deposit Rs.18000/-* by DD in favour of the Chairman, University Business School, Panjab University, Chandigarh, payable at Chandigarh.
Panjab University MBA Admission Form 2019
- Applicants desirous of seeking admission to above programmes are required to visit website http://www.ubsadmissions.puchd.ac.in.
- The hard copy of the UBS Application along with necessary documents should reach UBS latest by January 25th 2019 upto 04.00pm. Thereafter no application shall be accepted. Panjab University shall not be responsible for any postal delay in delivery or loss in transit of application form.
- Applicants are required to submit the copy of printout of their filled Application form along with the requisite documents to Assistant Registrar, University Business School, Arts Block-III, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014 by registered post/speed post or by hand on or before January 25th, 2019 upto 04.00pm.
- Incomplete form leads to cancellation of candidature; any request for completion of form after the due date will not be entertained at all.