PUCHD USOL Panjab University Distance Education Courses 2018
PUCHD USOL Admission 2018: University School of Open Learning (USOL) affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh has invited applications for admission to the various UG, PG, Diploma and Certificate courses for 2018 session.
About PUCHD USOL
The USOL University School of Open Learning (Formerly known as Department of Correspondence Studies the Department of Correspondence Studies), Panjab University was established in 1971. The objective was to take university-based education beyond the four walls of the University. It continues to do so and fulfils a prime social responsibility of providing education at the door step for those who are unable to access formal education. Started as a Directorate, it is now a full-fledged USOL with due representation on all University bodies. Supported by a well qualified, research-oriented faculty and efficient staff, the USOL offers various courses i.e. Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, and Professional Courses. Some innovative and socially relevant Courses such as Certificate Course in Vivekanand Studies, Diploma in Human Rights.
Also Check: Distance Education Courses
The method of instruction includes printed study material in Self Learning Mode, Personal Contact Programme, Response Sheets, Assignments, Video and Audiocassette Lessons on selected topics, Dissertations/Projects in selected courses and Counseling of students on a one to one basis, organizing Regional and National Seminars and Special Lecture Series. To cater to the masses, for most courses, the printed study material is provided in English, Hindi and Punjabi. In addition, the USOL (University School of Open Learning) offers a variety of student support services. These include a well-equipped Library, postal library facilities, an Educational Media Centre, Laboratories, a Computer Lab and subsidized hostel facility for outstation students. The USOL (University School of Open Learning) also involves the students in co-curricular activities and brings them together on a common platform despite their diverse locations.
PUCHD Important Dates
Admission opens at USOL from August 18th 2018
Last Date of Online Registration: September 04th 2018 (Without Late Fee)
PUCHD Courses offered
PU Bachelors Degree (UG) Courses
- B.A. & B.Com 1st & 3rd Semester (General) 10+2+3 Scheme
- B.Lib. & Information Science 1st Semester (One year Course)
- B.Ed 3rd Semester
- B.A. 3rd & B.Com 3year (Annual System)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed 1st & 2nd) (For in-service teachers only, Annual System)
PU Masters Degree (PG) Courses (Semester System)
- M.A. (English, Hindi, Punjabi, Economics, History, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com) (Semester System)
- MBA (Executive) 1st Semester
- MBA (Executive) 3rd Semester
- Master of Education (M.Ed) (3rd Semester only) (for in-service teachers only)
PU Diploma Courses (Semester System)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Rights & Duties
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health, Family Welfare and Population Education
- Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation & Networking
- Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication
- Post Graduate Diploma in Statistics
PU Certificate Courses
- Certificate Course in Vivekananda Studies (Annual System)
- Certificate Course in Women Studies (Semester System)
PUCHD Application Form 2018
Online Application Form Submission for Masters Degree Courses (Semester System)
Visit website http://usoladmissions.puchd.ac.in (Fill up the Registration Form, submit a fee as directed and generate Admission and for Examination Form visit http://pgexam.puchd.ac.in. Hard Copy of such generated Forms along with original documents has to be sent to USOL).
Submission of Physical Admission Form for Under Graduate, Diploma and Certificate Courses
For Under Graduate Courses, PG Diplomas and Certificate Courses admission form and other details can be downloaded from the website http://usol.puchd.ac.in available at Prospectus of the USOL website.
The Examination Form will be submitted online at website http://ugexam.puchd.ac.in.
Hard Copy of Admission Form, Examination Form along with original documents has to be sent to USOL personally or by registered post address to the Chairperson, University School of Open Learning, Panjab University, Chandigarh – 160014).