PDPU MBA Admission 2019: Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) Gandhinagar has invited application for admission to 2 years full-time residential MBA program under School of Petroleum Management for 2019 session.
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University MBA Program 2019
PDPU Specialisations are offered:
- Energy and Infrastructure
- Operation Management
- Human Resources Management
Total Number of Seats: 120 seats.
Also Check: MBA Admissions
PDPU MBA Admission Dates 2019
- Availability of Application Forms on September 20th 2018
- Last date of receiving Application Forms February 15th 2019
- GD/PI dates for short listed applicants 09th to 12th March 2019
- Display of information about shortlisted applicants for Admissions: March 25th 2019
- Completion of Admission formalities, fees collection and enrolment: 25th March to 06th April 2019
- Operating waiting List: April 08th 2019
- Payment of balance charges 21st to 25th May 2019
- Commencement of the academic session: June 17th 2019
PDPU MBA Admission Process 2019
Applicants eligible have to apply by sending the duly filled in application form along with the payment of the application fee of Rs.1000/- (non-refundable).
Application forms are available on website www.spm.pdpu.ac.in
The application fee can be paid by demand draft drawn in favor of Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, payable at Ahmedabad.
The application fee can also be paid in the university account at Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) A/c No- 09331131003242, In this case, the payment receipt must be enclosed along with filled application form.
Applicants are required to send the filled application form by registered post or through nationally/ internationally reputed courier.
For the late receipt of the forms or loss of form in the transit, SPM-PDPU shall not be responsible.
The information about received applications shall be put up on the School’s website (www.spm.pdpu.ac.in) within one week from the last date of receiving the application form.
All communication by the School for the admission process will be made through SPM website www.spm.pdpu.ac.in
(GD/PI Centres: New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai and Gandhinagar).
Applicants who have appeared at Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 conducted by IIMs/Xavier Admission Test (XAT) 2019 conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur are eligible to apply.
Applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, with at least 50 percent marks (45 percent for SC/ST Applicants) or equivalent CGPA, the bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the Applicant must entail a minimum of 3 years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
In case of the Applicants being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the university/institution from where they have obtained bachelor’s degree.
In case the university/institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by the SPM by dividing earned CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the quotient with 100.
Applicant appearing for the final year examination of bachelor’s degree or equivalent can also apply.
PDPU MBA Selection Process 2019
- The Applicants who appeared in CAT 2018 and seek admission in the MBA program must apply in the prescribed form.
- The Applicants short listed on the basis of aggregate CAT score will be required to appear for group discussion (GD) and personal interview (PI) at SPM, PDPU on specified dates.
- The group discussion (GD) shall be held in a group of about 10-12 students.
- Students appearing at GD shall be evaluated on the set criteria.
- Each Applicant is required to appear before interview panel after group discussion for the personal interview.
- Students appearing at PI shall be evaluated on the set criteria.
- The relevance of work experience, wherever applicable may be assessed at this stage.
Selection of students shall be done using the following criteria along with the weights indicated below:
- CAT/XAT Score 60%
- Group Discussion 10%
- Written Ability Test 05%
- Personal Interview 10%
- Work Experience 10%
Academic Performance 05% (Academic performance in standard 12 and at bachelor degree will be appropriately factored in the selection)
Total – 100%
- New Delhi
- Seat allocation to the various categories (SC / ST / General) is in accordance with the Govt rules.
- The number of seats under each category will be posted at www.spm.pdpu.ac.in along with the short listed Applicants for MBA Programme admission.
- Seats not filled-in under any reserved category shall be allotted to the general category.