Periyar University PhD Admission 2018 through Common Entrance Test
Periyar University Phd Admission 2018: Periyar University has invited applications for admission to full-time/part-time PhD Programs offered in the Departments of Periyar University and full-time/part-time PhD Programs offered in the affiliated Colleges/Research Institutions of Periyar University for 2018 (December) sessions.
Important Dates for Periyar University Phd Admission 2018
- Important Date for Submission of Online Application is on December 24th, 2018 before 05.00 pm
- Last Date for the Printed Version of the Online Application to reach the University: December 28th, 2018
- Applicants can download their Hall Tickets Form the Official Website: January 09th, 2019 & January 12th, 2019
- Date of Common Entrance Test: January 12th, 2019 (11.00 am to 12.00 noon)
For the purpose of admission to Ph.D., Programme, the applicant must have obtained a Master Degree with not less than 55% of marks or an equivalent grade.
For the applicants belonging to SC/ST community and those who have qualified for the Master’s degree before 19th September 1991 the minimum eligibility marks shall be 50% in their Master’s degree.
Applicants can register under the following categories for the PhD Program:
- Full Time (with or without stipend or fellowship)
- Part-Time (teacher or non-teacher; internal vis-à-vis external)
- Research Fellows/Research Assistants/Technical Assistants/
Project Assistants/Training Officers in Extension Departments approved by the University, appointed in the Research Projects funded by recognized Agencies/Govt. are also eligible to register for PhD on a full-time basis in the same department provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- The following applicants are eligible to register for the Full-Time Ph.D. Programme:
- An applicant who has qualified for the Master Degree in the faculties of Arts, Sciences, Fine Arts, Languages, Commerce, Education and Management Science of this University or equivalent thereto
Part Time (Internal)
- An applicant, possessing any one of the qualifications prescribed above and falling under any of the following categories, is eligible to do research on a Part-Time basis (i.e., can carry out research while continuing as teacher etc.).
Periyar University Phd Application Form 2018
- Application forms and prospectus can be obtained from The Registrar, Periyar University, Periyar Palkalai Nagar, Salem-11 or can be downloaded from the Periyar University Website.
- Application Cost: Rs.1000/- (for SC/ST/PWD Rs. 500/-).
- The payment must be made through Demand Draft from any nationalized bank drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Periyar University, Salem” Payable at “Salem”.
- A self-addressed envelope stamped for Rs.40/- of size 28X13 cms has to be enclosed to get the application by post. The separate request has to be made for each program; the envelope requesting application form may be superscribed as “Request for Application Form for PhD Admission”.
- PhD Registration is permitted in two sessions in a year – July and December.