PGIMER DM M.Ch Admission 2020 | PGIMER DM MCh Program 2020
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh has invited application for admission to DM and MCh Courses for January 2020 session.
PGIMER DM M.Ch Admission 2020 – The PGIMER Chandigarh has invited online applications for the following DM/M.Ch Courses for the academic session of January 2020.
PGIMER DM M.Ch Admission 2020 Important Dates
- Start of PGIMER DM/M.Ch online Application on PGI Website: 13th November 2019
- PGIMER DM/M.Ch (Jan 2020) application form closes: 30th November 2019
- Computer-Based Entrance Test for DM/M.Ch courses: 18th December 2019
- Expected date of declaration of result: 23th December 2019 (05.00 PM)
- Counseling for DM/M.Ch courses at PGIMER, Chandigarh: 28th December 2019 (11.00 AM)
Duration of Course & Emoluments
- The DM/M.CH course has a duration of three academic years. During this period, the Senior Residents except Sponsored candidates are entitled to emoluments as prescribed by the Government of India. At present, this translates to Level-11 of the pay matrix (Pre-revised Pay Band-3 Rs. 15600-39100+ 6600 Grade Pay) with the basic pay of Rs.67700/- plus other allowances as applicable as per 7th CPC.
Name of Dept. /Course (with Seats)
- Cardiology – (Gen-03, Spon-01); Clinical Pharmacology – (Gen-01, Spon-01); Endocrinology – (Gen-01, Spon-01); Gastroenterology – (Gen-01, Spon- 01); Ped. Gastroenterology – (Gen-01); Nephrology – (Gen-02); Neurology – (Gen-01, Spon-01); Neonatology – (Spon-01); Ped. Critical care – (Gen-02); Ped. Hemato-Oncology – (Gen-01, Spon-01); Ped. Clinical Immunology & Rheumatology – (Gen-01); Ped. Endocrinology – (Gen -01); Ped. Pulmonology – (Gen-01); Medical Genetics & Metabolic Disorders – (Gen -01, Spon-01); Neuro- Imaging and Interventional Neuroradiology – (Gen-01); Pulmonary & Crit. Care Medicine – (Gen-01, Spon- 01); Haematopathology – (Gen-01); Clinical Hematology – (Gen-01, Spon-01); Clinical Immunology & Rheumatology – (Gen -01); Cardiac-Anaesthesia – (Gen-02, Spon-01); Neuro-Anaesthesia – (Gen-04, Spon-03); Trauma Anaesthesia and Acute Care – (Gen-01, Spon-01); Paediatric Anaesthesia and Intensive Care – (Gen-01); Intensive Care – (Gen-01); Addiction Psychiatry – (Gen-01, Spon-01); Histopathology^ – (Gen-01, Spon-01)
- CVTS – (Gen-05, Spon-03); Neuro Surgery – (Gen-01, Spon-05); Paediatric Surgery – (Gen-02, Spon-01); Plastic Surgery – (Gen-03, Spon-01); Surgical Gastro – (Gen-01); Urology – (Gen-03); Vitreo-Retinal Surgery – (Gen-01); Head and Neck Surgery – (Gen-01); Renal Transplant Surgery – (Gen-01, Spon-01); Cornea, Cataract And Refractive Surgery – (Gen-01, Spon-01)
Eligibility Criteria for PGIMER DM M.Ch Admission 2020
- To be eligible for admission to a DM / M.Ch course at the Institute, candidates:
- Candidates must have passed the required MD/MS, or its equivalent qualification, recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Candidates must be registered with Central / State Medical Registration Council
- Candidates must be registered with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
- Candidates must be within the prescribed age limit as on/before 31st December for January and 30th June for July session respectively as detailed below:
- For general category candidates: 40 years
- For OBC candidates (please attach proof as per Annexure*): 43 years
- For SC/ST candidates, Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officer including ECO, SSCO who have rendered or released on satisfactory assignment (please attach proof): 45 years
- For Deputed/Sponsored candidates: No age limit
- For all DM courses except for DM (Clinical Pharmacology, Neuroradiology, Haematopathology, Cardiac Anaesthesia, Pediatric Neurology) course:
- MD degree in Medicine or Paediatrics or its equivalent qualification recognized by the Medical Council of India, except as otherwise indicated
- Must be registered with the Central/ State Medical Registration Council
- For DM (Clinical Pharmacology) Course: MD degree in Pharmacology or its equivalent qualification in any clinical subject recognized by the Medical Council of India
- For DM (Neuroradiology) Course: MD degree in Radiology or its equivalent qualification recognized by the Medical Council of India
- For DM (Haematopathology) Course: MD degree in Pathology or equivalent degree
- For DM (Cardiac-Anaesthesia) Course: MD degree in Anaesthesia or equivalent degree
- For DM (Pediatric-Neurology) Course: MD degree in Paediatrics or equivalent degree
- For DM (Histopathology) Course: MD degree in Pathology
- For DM (Addiction Psychiatry) Course: MD degree in Psychiatry
- For DM (Child and Adolescent Psychiatry) Course: MD degree in Psychiatry
- For DM (Clinical Immunology & Rheumatology) Course: MD degree in Paediatrics
For M.Ch Courses:
- MS degree in General Surgery or its equivalent qualification recognized by Medical Council of India
For M.Ch (Plastic Surgery) Courses:
- MS degree in General Surgery / MS (ENT) / MS (Orthopedics) or its equivalent qualification recognized by the Medical Council of India
- Must be registered with the Central / State Medical Registration Council.
- A candidate applying for admission to DM/M.Ch as a sponsored/deputed candidate is required to take the print out of the online application form and furnish the certificates (as per the format given in Annexure, Annexure-IV & V) with his/her application through his/her employer/Sponsoring Authority for admission to the course.
- That the candidate concerned shall be an employee of the deputing/sponsoring authority and should have been working for three years (on or before 30th June/31st December for July & January session respectively).
- That after getting training at PGIMER, Chandigarh, the candidate will be suitably employed by the deputing/sponsoring authority to work for at least five years in the specialty in which training is received by the candidate at the PGIMER.
- That no financial implications, in the form of emoluments/stipend, etc. will devolve upon PGIMER, Chandigarh during the entire period of his/her course and such payment shall be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
- The Entrance Examination shall be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT). The examination shall be held on Wednesday, the 18th of December 2019.
- Selection of candidate for D.M./M.Ch. courses will be based on the Theory Examination followed by a Counselling/interview. The theory examination will consist of a paper with two parts (Part 1 – General, and Part 2 – Specialty), each with 40 marks.
- Part 1 will consist of 40 multiple choice questions, each with four options and a single most appropriate response. The questions will be from the subject corresponding to the candidate’s postgraduate qualification.
- Part 2 of the paper will consist of 40 multiple choice questions related to the specialty for which the candidate has applied, each with five options and single/multiple correct response(s). The total duration of the theory examination is 90 minutes.
- Each question correctly answered in Part 1 will be awarded one mark, with no negative marking for wrong answers. Incorrect responses will, however, be negatively marked in Part 2 of the paper.
- This Part has 40 questions, each with five response options. Hence there are a total of 200 response options. One or more of these five options can be correct for each question.
- For details and information on selection procedure, candidates can visit the website of PGIMER, Chandigarh (www.pgimer.edu.in)
Fees and Dues Details
- The following dues are payable to the Institute, by the candidates admitted to the various D.M./M.Ch. courses:
- Registration Fee: Rs. 500/-
- Tuition Fee: Rs. 350/- per annum
- Laboratory Fee: Rs. 900/- per annum
- Amalgamated Fund: Rs. 360/- per six month
- Security: Rs. 1000/-(refundable only after completion of course)
- Hostel Security: Rs. 5000/- (refundable) to be deposited with the Administrative Officer (Hostel) if hostel accommodation is allotted
- The first installment of fees for six months is required to be paid immediately after selection.
PGIMER DM M.Ch Application Form 2020
- A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to submit his/her application in the prescribed format available online with the Prospectus on www.pgimer.edu.in
- Candidate should fill his/her application form available on the PGI website https://pgimer.edu.in
- The application, complete in all respects accompanied with all the relevant documents should reach the office of the Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh on or before the closing date.
- All applicants are advised to read the Prospectus and Instructions carefully before starting the online registration
- After selecting the online registration, fill the mandatory details asked for and deposit the prescribed fee through debit/credit card/Net Banking. After submitting fees filled required information step by step. Follow the instructions carefully.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct details are filled in the Registration Slip. The Institute will not be responsible for any incorrect information/cancellation of candidature/loss or lack of communication etc. due to wrong filled the online Application form.
- No candidate should register more than one application.
- All applicants are required to ensure that Photo/Signature is uploaded according to the instructions provided in the Prospectus. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of applications.
- Duplicate applications from any applicant will result in the cancellation of all such applications. No intimation regarding such summary rejections will be provided.
- For all Categories except PwBD: Rs. 1500/- + Transaction Charges as applicable.
- PwBD category is exempted from fees.
- Mode of Payment: Through Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking