PhD Programs 2019 | Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2019
Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2019: Jadavpur University, Kolkata has invited online application for the eligible applicants for PhD Admission for the academic session January 2019.
PhD Programs in the Depts. of Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, Education, English, Film Studies, History, Library & Information Science, Philosophy, Physical Education, Sanskrit and Sociology.
Jadavpur University Ph.D Eligibility Criteria 2019
All applicants must have completed results of 2 year MA or equivalent degree from any university/institute recognized by the UGC.
Applicants who have obtained an MA or equivalent degree of less than two (2) years’ duration, must have completed at least a total of five (5) years of undergraduate and postgraduate study in a recognized university/institute.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-Abled and other categories of applicants as per the decision of the UGC/AICTE/State.
Ph.D. Selection Process
Applicants will be selected through a written test of two-hour duration (two and a half hours for Economics) and an interview to be held in the respective Departments.
The applicant who has an M.Phil (Regular two-year course) degree and was admitted to the M.Phil Program through a written test, or have qualified NET/SET shall be entitled to get the exemption from written admission test and shall be called directly for an interview.
All Applicants must bring in a Statement of Purpose relevant for his/her intended field of research (not more than 500 words) at the time of interview.
Applicants for PhD Program in the Dept. of Economics shall be required to submit two letters of recommendations in the prescribed format in sealed envelopes at the time of interview in addition to the Statement of Purpose.
Number of Seats for PhD Admission
- Bengali: Up to 12 (General – 05, SC- 3, ST- 1, OBC A-1, OBC B- 1, PD-1)
- Comparative Literature: Up to 7 (General- 3, SC- 2, ST- 1, OBC A-1,)
- Economics: Up to 17 (General- 8, SC- 4, ST- 1, OBC A- 2, OBC B- 1, PD-1)
- Education: Up to 7 (General- 3, SC- 2, ST- 1, OBC A-1,)
- English: Up to 12 (General- 5, SC- 3, ST- 1, OBCA- 1, OBC B- 1, PD-1)
- Film Studies: Up to 5 (General- 3, SC- 1, ST- 1)
- History: Up to 21 (General- 11, SC- 5, ST- 1, OBCA- 2, OBCB-1, PD-1)
- Library & Information Science: Up to 5 (General- 3, SC- 1, ST- 1)
Jadavpur University PhD Application Form 2019
Applicants should apply online through University website www.jaduniv.edu.in or http://jurecruitment.jdvu.ac.in/PhDAppln/ from December 26, 2018 to January 10, 2019..
Applicants required to pay the application fees Rs.500/- (per subject) online through SBI Collect system using Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net banking after 48 hours of form fill up.
After payment, they have to submit the print out of online application along with a photocopy of online payment receipt downloaded from SBI after online payment and other testimonials as mentioned below to the office of the Ph.D. Cell, Faculty of Arts (Subarna Jayanti Bhavan, Ground floor, Jadavpur University Main campus, Kolkata-700032).
Jadavpur University PhD Application Deadlines 2019
- Date for Online Form fill up: 26th December to 10th January 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Hard Copy of Application Form: 15th January 2019 (05.00 PM)
- Provisional List of Candidates called for WRET will be published on 22nd January 2019 (after 04.00 PM)
- Date of Written Admission Test Physical Education: 29th January 2019 (after 12.00 noon)
- Date of Publication of Provisional List of the Candidates who will be called for Interview will be announced later