Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2019 Notification
Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2019: Jadavpur University, Kolkata, Department of Physical Educational has invited online application for the eligible applicants for PhD Admission for the academic session December 2019.
PhD Programs in Physical Education – Physical Education; Allied Subjects and other Subjects: Allied Subjects specified by the Dept. of Physical Education: Physiology, Sports, Physiology, Psychology, Sports, Psychology, Sports Sociology, Sociology, Sports Medicine, Sports Science, Sports Management, Sport Journalism, Biomechanics, Kinnathropomentry, Sports Engineering, Yogic Science, Physiotherapy, Philosophy and Statistics.
Jadavpur University PhD Eligibility Criteria 2019
All applicants must have completed the results of 2 year MA or equivalent degree from any university/institute recognized by the UGC.
Applicants who have obtained an MA or equivalent degree of less than two (2) years’ duration, must have completed at least a total of five (5) years of undergraduate and postgraduate study in a recognized university/institute.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-Abled and other categories of applicants as per the decision of the UGC/AICTE/State.
Ph.D. Selection Process
Applicants will be selected through a written test of two-hour duration (two and a half hours for Economics) and an interview to be held in the respective Departments.
The applicant who has an M.Phil (Regular two-year course) degree and was admitted to the M.Phil Program through a written test, or have qualified NET/SET shall be entitled to get the exemption from written admission test and shall be called directly for an interview.
All Applicants must bring in a Statement of Purpose relevant for his/her intended field of research (not more than 500 words) at the time of the interview.
Applicants for Ph.D. Program in the Dept. of Economics shall be required to submit two letters of recommendation in the prescribed format in sealed envelopes at the time of the interview in addition to the Statement of Purpose.
Number of Seats for PhD Admission
- Bengali: Up to 12 (General – 05, SC- 3, ST- 1, OBC A-1, OBC B- 1, PD-1)
- Comparative Literature: Up to 7 (General- 3, SC- 2, ST- 1, OBC A-1,)
- Economics: Up to 17 (General- 8, SC- 4, ST- 1, OBC A- 2, OBC B- 1, PD-1)
- Education: Up to 7 (General- 3, SC- 2, ST- 1, OBC A-1,)
- English: Up to 12 (General- 5, SC- 3, ST- 1, OBCA- 1, OBC B- 1, PD-1)
- Film Studies: Up to 5 (General- 3, SC- 1, ST- 1)
- History: Up to 21 (General- 11, SC- 5, ST- 1, OBCA- 2, OBCB-1, PD-1)
- Library & Information Science: Up to 5 (General- 3, SC- 1, ST- 1)
Jadavpur University PhD Application Form 2019
Applicants should apply online through University website www.jaduniv.edu.in or http://jurecruitment.jdvu.ac.in/PhDAppln/ from September 26th, 2019 to October 22nd, 2019.
Applicants required to pay the application fees Rs.500/- (per subject) online through the SBI Collect system using Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net banking after 48 hours of form fill up.
After payment, they have to submit the print out of online application along with a photocopy of online payment receipt downloaded from SBI after online payment and other testimonials as mentioned below to the office of the Ph.D. Cell, Faculty of Arts (Subarna Jayanti Bhavan, Ground floor, Jadavpur University Main campus, Kolkata-700032).
Jadavpur University PhD Application Deadlines 2019
- Dates for Submission of Applications: 26th September 2019 to 22nd October 2019
- After payment, the downloaded form is to be submitted on and from 26th September 2019
- Last Date for Online Payment is 21st October 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Form is 22nd October 2019 (4.30 pm)
- The remaining schedule for the entire admission process, session December 2019 will be notified later