PMRF Scholarship 2019 – Prime Ministers Research Fellowship Scheme Notification Out
PMRF 2019: The Government of India is offering Prime Ministers Research Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Studies (PhD) in IITs and IISc aimed at attracting the best talent. Check out the complete details like application form, last date to apply, eligibility criteria, scholarship details and more for PMRF Scholarship 2019.
About PMRF (Prime Ministers Research Fellowship)
- The Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) Scheme is aimed at attracting the talent pool of the country to doctoral (PhD) Programs of Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for carrying out research in Cutting Edge Science & Technology domains, with focus on national priorities.
- Under the PMRF scheme for PMRF December 2019, students who have completed, or are pursuing, the final year of 4-year Undergraduate or 5-year Integrated MTech or 5-year Integrated M.Sc. or 5-year Undergraduate-Postgraduate Dual Degree Programs in Science & Technology streams from IIEST/ IISc/ IITs/ NITs/ IISERs and centrally funded IIITs are eligible for admission to full-time PhD Program in the IITs & IISc provided they fulfil prescribed eligibility criteria and finally get selected after shortlisting/written test/interview.
- For each hosting IIT & IISc the PhD admissions under the PMRF scheme will be supernumerary.
Also See: Scholarships 2019
PMRF Scholarship Details
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time Doctoral Studies (PhD) in IITs and IISc.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
PMRF Scholarship Award
Applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria, and are finally selected through a selection process, will be offered admission to PhD program in one of IITs/IISc with a fellowship of Rs.70,000/- per month for the first two years, Rs.75,000/- per month for the 3rd year, and Rs.80,000/- per month in the 4th and 5th years.
Apart from this, a research grant of Rs.2.00 lakh per year will be provided to each of the Fellows for a period of 5 years to cover their academic contingency expenses and for foreign/national travel expenses.
PMRF Eligibility Criteria 2019
The applicants for the PMRF should:
- Applicants have completed or be pursuing the final year of four (or five) year undergraduate or 5-year integrated M.Tech or 5-year integrated M.Sc. or 5-year undergraduate-postgraduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology streams from IIEST/IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs and centrally funded IIITs;
- Applicants have secured at least CGPA/CPI of 8.0 (in scale of 10.0). For applicants in five year integrated or dual degree programs if separate CGPAs/CPIs are awarded for UG and PG parts of the program then the CGPA/CPI of UG part (first four year) will be considered.
- Applicants have completed the required academic qualification in the last five years.
- Merely satisfying the eligibility requirement does not guarantee admission. Final selection for admission of applicants will be done following a rigorous selection process.
PMRF 2019 Selection Process
The selection process for the PMRF will be a rigorous two-stage process with screening by the Reviewers and final selection by the Selection Committee for each broad discipline to ensure selection of the best talent.
An applicant may apply for more than one combination of broad discipline and institute. An applicant will be required to provide preferences in case the applicant wishes to apply for more than one combination of discipline and institute
The shortlisting and selection will be done in the following manner:
- Each Nodal Institute (NI) will have a team of experts who will assess the applications and prepare a shortlist of applicants for written test and/or interview at the Nodal Institute.
- Shortlisted applicants will be called for a written and/or interview at the Nodal Institute.
- Final selection of shortlisted applicants will be made based on the performance in the interview.
- Each NI would first indicate whether the candidate has to appear in the written test or not. For PMRF 2019 there is no written test for any NI.
PMRF Application Procedure 2019
Apply online at https://dec2019.pmrf.in/applications/
In the online application form, all fields and attachments are required except for the broad discipline field. For the broad discipline field, at least one broad discipline is required.
- Give a specific area of study (100 words)
- Abstract of the project proposed (1000 words)
- Detailed abstract to be uploaded
- Deliverables and expected outcomes
Contact for PMRF Scheme
Send an email to [email protected] for application related support
For additional degree(s) beyond qualifying degree and employment-related details, additional information is required if applicable.
The Project abstract should clearly articulate the area of the study and should display keen interest and insight on the subject chosen. The Project abstract should formulate a problem for the study which would be used for assessing the applicant’s analytical and research skills.
The topic chosen shall be preferably in cutting-edge technology and science, with a focus on national priorities.
PMRF December 2019 Important Dates (tentative)
The application window for PMRF December 2019 will be open till 11.00 pm on September 30th, 2019