Presidency University PhD Admission 2019
Presidency University PhD Admission 2019: Presidency University Calcutta has invited online applications from UGC or UGC – CSIR NET / NET – LS qualified applicants for admission to the PhD Program of Presidency University in various departments for the session 2019-2020, commencing from January 2020. Check out complete details of eligibility, application form, selection procedure, application procedure, important dates, entrance exam and more for Presidency University Calcutta PhD Admission 2019.
Provisional Seat Matrix
- Department wise and category wise availability of seats are given below. The person with Disability (PwD) seats are included in the total number of seats in respective departments.
- Bengali (03 Seat); History (05 Seats); Philosophy (01 Seat); Sociology (03 Seats); Political Science (02 Seats); Hindi (0 Seat); Chemistry (13 Seats); Geology (27 Seats); Physics (10 Seats); Life Sciences (07 Seats); Geography (01 Seat); Economics (06 Seats); Mathematics (08 Seats), Statistics (04 Seats), Biotechnology (Newtown Campus) (03 Seats)
Available Research Areas
- Mathematics – Operations Research, Cosmology and Astrophysics, Topology, Graph Theory, Differential Equations, Dynamical Systems, Geometric Group Theory, Representation Theory, Operator Algebras, Mathematical Biology, Quantum Computation and Information, Cryptology, Fractals.
- Bengali – Any area is accepted including area like Fiction, Medieval Literature, Literary Theory, Modern Bengali Poetry.
Check out Latest Entrance Exams
Presidency University PhD Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Applicants for admission to the PhD program shall have a Master’s degree with at least 55% of marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B as per UGC guidelines.
- UGC or UGC-CSIR NET/NET-LS qualified.
Presidency University PhD Selection Process
- All eligible applicants will have to appear at an interview/test, conducted by the Departmental Ph.D. Selection Committee of the University. In the interview, the applicants will be expected to discuss their research interests.
- Following the admission procedure, a list of qualified applicants (preferably mentioning their areas of research interest(s)) will be published and displayed by the University through the respective faculty offices and official website.
- Applicants selected for the Ph.D. Program will be attached to the respective Dept. at the time of their provisional admission and will be required to enroll on payment of a non-refundable fee determined by the University.
Presidency University PhD Application Process 2019
- Applicants can apply online at https://www.presiuniv.ac.in/web/phd/login.php
- Before final submission, please check carefully all the details you have entered. Once you submit the application, you cannot change any information.
- In any data input grid, if you input any data in any column then please input all columns of that row. If any column is not relevant to you then please input “NA”.
- You need to send hard copy of the application along with self-attested photocopies of all relevant documents to the Deans of the concerned faculty (Dean of the Humanities and Social Sciences / Dean of Faculty of Natural and Mathematical Sciences), Presidency University, 86/1 College Street, Kolkata-700073.
- Interested applicants may contact the respective research supervisors through the mail for further details https://presidencyuniversity.in/.
Presidency University PhD Admission Last Date 2019
- Last Date for Applying Online: 16th October 2019
- Last Date for Receiving Hard Copy of Application along with photocopies documents (self-signed): 18th October 2019
- Publication of Interview/Test Schedule (Tentative): 01st November 2019
Presidency University Address
Dean of the Humanities and Social Sciences / Dean of Faculty of Natural and Mathematical Sciences), Presidency University,86/1 College Street, Kolkata-700073, Website www.presiuniv.ac.in.