Post Graduate Fellowship Programs 2019 President APJ Kalam
President APJ Abdul Kalam Post Graduate Fellowship 2019: This Postgraduate Fellowship has announced in honor of President A.P.J. Kalam President Kalam was a strong advocate for young people and a passionate supporter of clean energy and energy independence.
The notification for President APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship 2019 has been announced.
One award will be offered each academic year effective from the 2019 academic year.
Deadline to Apply for the Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship is 01st, March 2019
Fellowship decisions will be announced in mid-May 2019
Eligible Programme/Fields of Study
The student award will be offered to an Indian graduate student seeking to pursue a PhD degree in the following subject/discipline at the University of South Florida: Applied Anthropology; Applied Physics; Business PhD programs; Cell Biology, Microbiology & Molecular Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science & Engg; Criminology; Integrative Biology; Marine Science; Psychology.
Selection of Awardees
Application for the award will be made to USF World, which will also be solely responsible for allocating the award.
The Postgraduate Fellowship will recognize laudable Indian students, who graduated from an Indian university, have exceptional academic credentials and a passion for the STEM fields of study.
Applicants must demonstrate experience in his or her discipline, research productivity, and professional contributions and achievements to the field.
The University of South Florida will:
– Waive all tuition for a total of up to four years.
– Contribute a stipend of $18,000 over the nine months of the fall and spring semesters ($2,000 per month) for up to four years.
– The Provost’s Office will pay a nine-month stipend for the first year with the dept./college contributing a teaching/research assistantship for up to an additional three years.
– The total stipend amount will be payable by USF once the winner of the President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship.
– All other costs (e.g., airfare, housing at USF, etc.) will be met by the awardees.
How to Apply?
All applicants must have submitted a USF graduate application and established a university ID number at the USF graduate admissions portal.
Once admitted to USF the Awardee will comply with all USF regulations, processes and procedures and all applicable law. Upon completion of online application, applicants must scan the following materials and email them to [email protected]:
A letter expressing interest describing his/her academic success and area of intended study:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of research and evidence of scholarly activity
- Three letters of recommendation on academic and/or professional letterhead
- Postgraduate Fellowship Form)