Panjab University Management Entrance Test (MET) 2019
PU MET 2019: Panjab University, Chandigarh will conduct Panjab University Management Entrance Test, popular as PU MET 2019 for admission to MBA Programme in various streams. The exam is likely to be conducted in the third 16th March 2019 for admission in MBA Programs at University Institute of Applied Management Sciences (UIAMS). The applicant can check out the details related to PU MET 2019 like exam date, eligibility criteria, application form, important dates, admit card, result, cutoff, counselling and more for Panjab University MET 2019.
PU MET for Admission to MBA Programs in:
- MBA Retail Management
- Banking and Insurance Management
- IT and Telecommunication MBA Programs Offered PU UIAMS Management
- Infrastructural Management
- Pharmaceutical Management and
- Hospital Management
Intake of Capacity
- PU MET 2019 will be held in 16th March 2019 for various Sectoral Management Programmes at University Institute of Applied Management Sciences (UIAMS), given below:
- MBA (Retail Management): 45 + 5*(NRI) = 50; 50+22*
- MBA (Banking and Insurance Mgt.): 45+5*(NRI) = 50; 50+22*
- MBA (IT & Telecommunications Mgt.): 22+3*(NRI) = 25
- MBA (Infrastructural Management): 22 + 3*(NRI) = 25
- MBA (Pharmaceutical Management): 22+3*(NRI) = 25
- MBA (Hospital Management): 22 + 3*(NRI) = 25
- *Include Foreign Nationals
PU MET 2019 Important Dates
- Date of Availability of Prospectus & Online Application Form for PU-MET-2019: 07th January 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Information on the Website to Generate the Bank Challan: 25th February 2019
- Last Date for Deposit of fee in any branch of SBI using website generated challan: 05th March 2019 up to 04.00 pm
- Last Date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website after depositing fee in SBI: 08th March 2019
- Last Date for the correction regarding photograph, signature and any other information (for completed forms only): 08th March 2019
- Last Date for Receiving of the copy of filled Application Form Printout along with the requisite documents: 11th March 2019 up to 05.00 pm
- Final date by which Roll No. will be available online: 13th March 2019
- PU MET 2019 Exam Date: 16th March 2019 (Saturday)
- Tentative date during which the result may be declared by the University: 29th April 2019
- Centre for the Entrance Test: Chandigarh
PU MET Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Applicants applying for Panjab MET 2019 exam must assure that they fulfill the below-listed eligibility criteria:
For MBA (Retail Management and Banking & Insurance Management):
- A Bachelor’s or Master Degree in any discipline of Panjab University or of any other university which has been recognized by the syndicate as equivalent thereto with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate.
- Provided that in case of applicants having Bachelor’s degree of the University through Modern Indian Languages (Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi (Gurumukhi Script)) and/or in a classical language (Sanskrit/Persian/Arabic) or degree of any other University obtained in the same manner recognized by the Syndicate, 50% marks in the aggregate shall be calculated by taking into account full percentage of marks in all the papers in Language excluding the additional optional paper, English and the elective subject taken together (or);
- Pass in the final examination conducted by either (a) Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, or (b) Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England or (c) Institute of Company Secretaries of India (or);
- AMIE Exam with 50% marks or more after having passed the diploma exam with 60% marks or above and have at least 5 years research/teaching or professional experience.
For MBA (Information Tech. & Telecommunications Mgt.) &MBA (Infrastructural Mgt.):
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology i.e. BE/B.Tech (in any Branch) of Panjab University or of any other University recognized by Panjab University as equivalent there to with at least 50% marks in the aggregate (or)
- Bachelor’s degree in any Science subject with Physics and/or Mathematics of Panjab University or of any other University recognized by Panjab University as equivalent there to with at least 50% marks in the aggregate (or)
- AMIE exam with 50% marks or more after having passed the diploma examination with 60% marks or above and have at least 5 years research/teaching or professional experience.
For MBA (Pharmaceutical Management):
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, passed with at least 50% marks in aggregate, either from Panjab University or from any other University recognized by Panjab University (or);
- Applicants must possess MBBS degree, passed with at least 50% marks in aggregate, either from Panjab University or from any other University recognized by Panjab University (or)
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any Science, passed with at least 50% marks in aggregate, either from Panjab University or from any other University recognized by Panjab University (and);
- Diploma in Pharmacy, passed with at least 50% marks in aggregate, either from Panjab University or from any other University recognized by Panjab University.
For MBA (Hospital Management):
- Applicants must possess MBBS/BAMS/BHMS/ BDS/B.Pharmacy/B.Sc. (Nursing)/ Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) of Panjab University or a degree of any other University, which has been recognized by the syndicate as equivalent thereto with not less than 50%, marks taken together
- Management Courses at UIAMS are for a duration of 2 years spread across 4 semesters.
PU MET Exam Pattern 2019
- The Entrance Test will carry 85% weightage. The exam will be held in pen-paper format (offline mode); the entrance test will be of 2 hours duration. The medium of examination shall be ENGLISH only. It will consist of multiple-choice questions, wherein applicants will be given with four responses to mark a correct response out of these four.
The components of the test will include:
- General Knowledge
- Economics and Business Environment Awareness
- Data interpretation and problem solving
- Numerical Ability
- Verbal Ability/ Reasoning and
- English Comprehension
- Negative marking shall also be applicable i.e. marks will be deducted for wrong answers. If for each correct answer 1 mark will be awarded, then for a wrong answer 1/4 mark will be deducted.
PU MET Merit List 2019
- The admission will be made on the basis of the Entrance Test (85% weightage), Group Discussion (7.5% weightage) and Personal Interview (7.5% weightage). The comprehensive result after the GD and PI will be notified on the UIAMS notice board as well as the UIAMS website.
PU MET Admit Card 2019
- The Admit Card of Panjab MET 2019 will be uploaded on the official web portal of MET in 13th March 2019. Applicants will be required to download the admit card online only, as these will not be sent via post or email.
- Applicants will mandatorily be required to carry their admit cards to the allotted test centre in order to seek entry into it and to appear in the test.
PU MET Cutoff 2019
- Applicants who appear for the exam need to obtain a valid score though there is no exam cutoff, as per last year pattern. The PU MET cutoff is college-based which means that each of the participating institutes of PU MET will have their individual cutoffs for their respective admission process.
- Applicants need to contact the respective college(s) to get the related cutoff details.
PU MET Selection Process 2019
- Admission for this course will be made on the basis of merit determined by scores of the applicants in the Management Entrance Test (MET), followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Applicants under various reserved categories and NRI category will first of all be considered in the General category.
- The applicants will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview on the basis of their scores in the Management Entrance Test (MET) conducted by P.U. for admission to MBA Program at UIAMS.
- The weightage for the written test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview for preparing the final merit list for admission will be as follows:
- Written Test (MET) 85%
- Group Discussion 7.5%
- Personal Interview 7.5%
- All provisionally eligible applicants will take written test MET for admission to MBA Programs at UIAMS to be conducted by Panjab University on 16th March 2019 (Saturday).
- The Group Discussion & Personal Interview of the short-listed applicants will be held at University Institute of Applied Management Sciences (UIAMS), Panjab University, Chandigarh where the applicants will have to come at their own cost around the second/third week of May 2019.
PU MET 2019 Application Fee
- Applicants have to Deposit Rs.2175/- (In case of SC/ST applicants, Rs.1087/-) in the SBI Bank using website generated Challan.
- The following functionaries may be contacted only in case of extremely urgent inquiry from 09.00 am to 05.00 pm (on working days only).
PU MET 2019 Application Form
- Applicants interested in taking up Panjab MET 2019 will be required to apply online via official Website of Panjab University www.met.puchd.ac.in or www.uiams.puchd.ac.in.
- The application process commences in the 07th January 2019, and the deadline is 05th March 2019. The application process of PU MET 2019 is completely online. Before filling the application form, applicants must make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Submission of Documents
- The applicants applying under a category other than the general category must attach attested copies of below mentioned documents/certificates along with the hardcopy of the form to be submitted in the office of the UIAMS, South Campus, Sector-25 (Behind Alumni House), Panjab University, Chandigarh:
- Relevant certificate to claim a seat in SC/STOBC Class/Defense/Physically Handicapped/Riot Victim/Freedom Fighter/Only (Single) Girl Child/ Cancer-AIDS patient/wards of Kashmiri Displaced Persons.
- Each applicant applying for admission in Sports Category shall along with the Application Form submit the self-attested photocopy of sports certificates. Affidavits (as per the Annexure-III and IV) on stamp paper of Rs.5/- or Rs.10/- each duly attested by Notary/Magistrate Class I/II have to be submitted.
- Applicant desirous of taking the Entrance Test should fill the application form online and further submit the printed copy of the Application form under Registered Cover or personally at the following address:
- Assistant Registrar, University Institute of Applied Management Sciences, South Campus, Sector-25 (Behind Alumni House), Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014 on or before 05th March 2019 up to 04.00 pm.