Pune University LLM Entrance Exam 2018 | Master of Law Programs
Pune University LLM Admission 2018: Department of Law, Savitribai Phule Pune University, has invited applications for admission to the Master of Law (LLM) Programs 2018-19 sessions.
Pune University Course Offered
- Master of Law (LLM)
- Duration of the Course: 1 year
- Number of Seats: 120 seats.
Reservation of Seats:
- As per the rules of Savitribai Phule Pune University and Government of Maharashtra.
- The foreign students shall be admitted as per the norms of the University.
Pune University LLM Admission Dates 2018
- Start date of online application: May 7th 2018
- End date of online application: June 12th 2018
- Last date of submission of application form (Hard Copy): June 14th 2018
- Date of LLM Entrance Test: June 24th 2018 (11.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon)
- Date of declaration of result of the Entrance test: July 7th 2018
- Date of publication of merit list: July 9th 2018
- Date of publication of successive merit list: July 17th 2018
- Date of admission: July 20th 2018
- Date of Commencement of the course: July 23rd 2018
- Graduate in law of a Statutory University (Bachelor of Laws: 3 years/5 years).
Students graduating from the colleges affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University:
50 % weightage will be given to the performance at the Entrance Examination.
50 % weightage will be given to the total marks obtained in qualifying examination i.e. 5 years B.A.LL.B./ 3 years LL.B Degree.
Students graduating from any Indian Statutory Universities other than Pune University:
The merit criterion will be based exclusively on their performance in the Entrance Examination.
Admission of the applicant will be confirmed only if he /she produce the following documents in original and two photocopies of the same.
Proof of date of birth: SSC & HSC Certificate.
Statement of marks of all the 5 years/ 3 years LL.B Degree examination.
Caste Certificate and Creamy Layer Certificate, if applicable.
Migration Certificate, if applicable.
Domicile Certificate those who leave within Maharashtra
LLM Exam Pattern
The question paper shall have 50 multiple choice questions, of 2 marks each (Total 100 marks).
LLM Syllabus for Entrance Test
Each unit carries 10 questions.
1. Constitutional Law
- Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties
- Directive Principles of State Policy
2. Human Rights
- Conceptual Perspectives of Human Rights
- International Perspectives of Human Rights- UDHR, ICCPR, ICESCR
- National Perspectives of Human Rights- NHRC, PIL
3. Legal Theory and Jurisprudence
- Nature and Sources of Law
- Positivism, Natural law Theory, Sociological Jurisprudence
- Theories of Punishment
- Legal Concepts
- Doctrine of Precedent
- Judicial Contribution in bringing Social Changes
- Law and Morality
4. Indian Penal Code, 1860
- General Exceptions
- Offences against Women and The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013
- Offences against the State
- Offences Affecting Human Body
- Offences against Property
- Cruelty by Husband or Relatives of Husband Defamation
5. General Knowledge/ Current Affairs
The applicants will be assessed on their general awareness. Questions on current affairs will test applicant’s knowledge on current affairs.
Pune University LLM Application Form 2018
Availability of Online forms for admission Master of Law (LLM) at. http://campus.unipune.ac.in from 7th May to 12th June 2018.
For any information on the nature, scope and prospects of the course, applicants should visit the website: http://www.unipune.ac.in/dept/law/law/default.htm.
Savitribai Phule Pune University
HOD, Department of Law, Behind University Press, Opposite PUMBA, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Ganeshkhind, Pune-411 007, website: http://www.unipune.ac.in/dept/law/law/default.htm.