PhD Admission 2018-19 at PV Narsimha Rao Telangana Veterinary University
PVNRTVU Hyderabad Phd Admission 2018: P.V. Narsimha Rao Telangana Veterinary University, Hyderabad has invited applications for Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme for 2018-19 sessions. Check out the complete details like important dates, seats, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, application form and more info about PVNRTVU Phd Admission 2018.
Number of Seats
For 8 seats are available for admission to PhD Program. The details of seats available for fresh applicants for admission into PhD Course in various major fields of study are as shown in Appendix-II.
PVNRTVU Hyderabad Admission 2018 Important Dates
- Last Date for Receipt of Applications: December 10th, 2018
- Date of Entrance Test: December 17th, 2018
- Date of Interview: December 20th, 2018
- Date of Registration of I Semester 2018-19: December 27th, 2018
- Test Centre: College of Veterinary Science, Rajendranagar
Eligibility for PhD Admission 2018
- Educational Qualifications: Applicants must Master of Veterinary Science or an equivalent examination in Veterinary Science from PVNR TVU/SVVU/ APAU/ ANGRAU or from an institution accredited by ICAR in the concerned field of specialization with at least 70% marks in the aggregate under traditional system of examination or an OGPA of 2.7 or above in 4.00 point scale or OGPA of 6.50 or above in 10.00 point scale in grade point system.
- In the case of SC, ST and PH applicants, 60% marks in the aggregate under the traditional system in Master of Veterinary Science or OGPA of 2.5 out of 4.00 or 6.00 out of 10.00 under Grade Point system is sufficient.
- The basic undergraduate degree in B. V. Sc. /B. V. Sc & A.H is essential.
- Applicants awaiting final thesis viva voce result may also apply; but they have to produce provisional certificate on or before the date of entrance examination failing which they shall not be allowed for entrance exam.
- Age Limit: Upper age limit is 50 years as on 01st July 2018 including ICAR senior Research fellowship holders.
Reservation of Seats
- Of the total seats 15%, 6% and 29% of the seats are reserved for applicants belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes respectively.
- 3% seats are reserved for physically disabled applicants as per the Govt. norms. One third of total seats shall be reserved for women. If no lady applicant is available it will be filled up by male applicant.
- Provided that the rules of reservation shall be so implemented that the first applicant in the merit list of any major field shall not be denied a seat.
- Provided further that the above provision shall not be applicable in making admission to a major field or discipline in which there is only one seat.
- In case of disciplines with more than 3 seats, 85% of seats after excluding those reserved for applicants from other states shall be reserved in favour of applicants belonging to Telangana State.
PVNRTVU Hyderabad PhD Selection Criteria
The weightage of marks will be as follows:
- Entrance Test: 50
- M. V. Sc: 20
- B. V. Sc: 10
- Interview Performance: 20
PVNRTVU Hyderabad PhD Selection Procedure
A Selection Committee constituted by the Vice-Chancellor shall make the selection of applicants for admission to PhD courses; the applicants who are eligible for admission to the course should appear for entrance test and interview before selection committee at PVNRTVU, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad at their own expenses.
PVNRTVU PhD Application Form 2018 – How to Apply?
- The applications shall be downloaded from www.tsvu.nic.in
- The downloaded and duly filled in application along with attested copies of required certificates and proof of application fee transfer must reach the Registrar, PVNR TVU, Administrative Office, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500030 on or before December 10th 2018 by 04.00 pm either in person or by Post. Application received after this due date will summarily be rejected.
- The University is not responsible for any postal delay.
- Employed applicants should send their applications through proper channel. However, such applicants may send an advance copy of the application with certificates, direct to the Registrar, PVNR TVU, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad- 500 030 to avoid delay in forwarding of the application by their employers.