SAAT 2019: SAAT is known as Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan Admission Test is the Common Entrance Exam for Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses for the academic session of 2019. The SAAT Test is being conducted for different Programs offered in constituent Institutes/Schools of the University. SAAT 2019, the 11th edition of this entrance test, will be held in both online and offline format between April 13th, 2019 to April 30th, 2019 Centers across various cities of India. Check out the complete details like important dates, application form, courses offered, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card and more information about SAAT 2019 Exam.
SAAT 2019 Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admissions 2019
- SAAT (Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan Admission Test), a national level entrance test is conducted by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan Deemed to be University every year to select bright students from different parts of our country.
- Another feature of this entrance test is that the Applicants with Diploma in Engineering/ Technology / Pharmacy & Hotel Management are eligible for admission into regular courses under Lateral Entry Scheme through SAAT 2019.
- N.B.: Admission to M.B.B.S., B.D.S., M.D./M.S. & M.D.S. is through NEET only.
Also see more Entrance Exams 2019
SAAT 2019 Important Dates
- Availability of Online Application Form: December 01st, 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Online Form: March 31st, 2019
- Start Downloading Admit Card: April 05th, 2019
- Date of Entrance Test (Online Exam): April 13th, 2019 to April 30th, 2019
- Date of Entrance Test (Offline Exam): April 21st, 2019
- Declaration of Result and download of Rank Card: May 04th, 2019
- Choice Filling (Engineering Only): 05th to 08th May 2019
- Choice Locking & Payment (Engineering Only): 06th to 08th May 2019
- Counselling (Engineering Only): May 12th, 2019
- N.B.: Schedules for Other Programmes will be notified
SOA University Courses Offered
- Applicants can apply online for SAAT 2019 Entrance for various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in Engineering, Pharmacy, Nursing, Management, Hospital Administration, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Law & Agriculture
Undergraduate – Bachelor of Degree Programs
- B.Tech (4 years) in Civil Engineering, Computer Sci. & Engineering, Computer Science & IT, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electrical Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech. Lateral Entry in above Program – 3 Years
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) – 3 years
Post Graduate Programs (2 years)
- M.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering Dept., Civil Engineering Dept., Electronics & Communication Engineering Dept., Electrical Engineering Dept., Electrical & Electronics Engineering Dept., Mechanical Engineering Dept., Computer Science & Information Technology Dept., Computer Science & Engineering Dept., Computer Science & Data Processing, Material Science & Technology, Environmental Science & Technology and Biotechnology
- Master of Computer Application (MCA) (3 years)
- Lateral Entry MCA (2 years)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) – 5.5 Years
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) – 2 Years [Anatomy; Anaesthesia; Biochemistry; Community Medicine; DVL; Forensic Medicine and Toxicology; General Medicine; Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion; Microbiology; Pathology; Paediatrics; Pharmacology; Physiology; Psychiatry; Radio Diagnosis; TB & Chest]
- Master of Surgery (MS) – 2 Years [ENT; General Surgery; OBG; Ophthalmology; Orthopedics]
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) – 5 Years
- Master of Dental Surgery (MD) – 2 Years [Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics; Oral Maxillofacial Surgery; Oral Medicine and Radiology; Oral Pathology and Microbiology; Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics]
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – 3 years
- MBA (2 years)
- MBA in Hospital Administration (MHA) (2 years)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT) – 4 years
- BBA (H) in Culinary Arts – 3 years
- Lateral Entry BHMCT – 3 years
- MBA Hospitality Management (MHM) (2 years)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.) – 4 years
- Lateral Entry B.Pharm. Programme – 3 years
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) (2 years) in Industrial Pharmacy; Pharmaceutics; Pharmaceutical Analysis ; Pharmacology
- B.Sc. in Agriculture – B.Sc. (Ag.)- 4 years
- M.Sc. in Agriculture (2 years) in Agriculture Economic; Agricultural Extension; Agronomy; Crop Physiology; Entomology; Horticulture; Plant Breeding & Genetics; Plant Pathology; Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry
- B.Sc. in Nursing (Basic) – 4 years
- B.Sc. in Nursing (Post Basic) – 2 years
- M.Sc. in Nursing (2 years) in Community Health Nursing; Medical & Surgical Nursing; Obstetric & Gynaecological Nursing; Paediatric Nursing; Psychiatric Nursing
- B.A. LLB (Hons) & BBA LLB (Hons) – 5 years
- LLB (Hons) – 3 years
- LLM (1 year)
- Integrated Biotechnology – 5 years
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) (2 years) in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning; Biotechnology; Chemical Biology & Drug Design; Chemistry; Computer Science; Electronics; Information Technology; Mathematics; Medicinal & Aromatic Plants; Molecular Biology; Nano Science & Nanotechnology; Physics.
SAAT 2019 Application Form
- Applicants can apply online at www.soa.ac.in. Applicants can apply through online mode only. Before filling the application form, Applicants are advised to ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the course
- There is no examination / application fees
- Check the eligibility criteria for each programme before filling up the online application form.
- Check that the online application form has been properly and completely filled up.
- Application process: Incomplete application will not be accepted. Please follow the below mentioned process below to complete your application process.
- All Applicants are requested to keep the scanned copy of Photo and Signature to upload during filling up the application form. (Recent Colour passport size Photograph). (File size: Less than 1 MB / File format: png gif jpg jpeg.)
- The Applicants are also required to keep the Identity Proof before filling the form
- Download and print your Application form for future reference. The submitted application can be accessed through login account.
- The acknowledgement for successful submission of application form of the SAAT 2019 will be intimated to your Email Id and Mobile no.
Eligibility Criteria for Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan Admission 2019
Bachelor of Technology (B.TECH.)
- Pass or appearing (in the year 2019) at 10+2 or equivalent Exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Chemistry / Computer Science / Information Technology /Biotechnology / Biology / Informatics / Statistics / Technical Vocational subject or any other subject as approved by appropriate authority with at least 45% marks (40% in case of SC / ST / OBC category)
Bachelor of Technology (B.TECH. – LE)
- Passed or appearing (in the year 2018) three year Diploma Exam in Engineering with at least 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of Applicants belonging to reserved category) from State Council of Technical Education and Vocational Training (SCTE&VT), Odisha or equivalent.
- Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of Applicants belonging to reserved category) and passed XII standard with mathematics as a subject.
- Pass or appearing (2019) the 10+2 or equivalent in any stream having Mathematics.
- M.Tech. in Civil Engineering (Specialization: Structural Engineering): Pass or appearing (2019) in B.Tech. or equivalent in the relevant field. Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of Applicant belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Exam
- M.Tech in Electrical Engineering (Specialization: Power Systems & Power Electronics): Pass or appearing (2019) in B.Tech. or equivalent in the relevant field. Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of Applicant belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Exam.
- M. Tech. in Electronics and Communication (Specialization: Communication System Engineering): Pass or appearing (2019) in B.Tech. or equivalent in the relevant field. Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of Applicant belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Exam or Pass or appearing in M.Sc. (Electronics)
- M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering (Specialization: Heat Power & Thermal Engineering): Pass or appearing (2019) in B.Tech. or equivalent in the relevant field. Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of Applicant belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Exam
- Pass or appearing (in the year 2019) at three year Bachelor Degree in any discipline from any recognized University with at least 50% of marks (45% in case of Applicants belonging to SC / ST / OBC Category) having Mathematics at 10+2 level or at +3 level. Applicants having Business mathematics at +2 or +3 level are not eligible.
For MCA – LE
- Pass or appearing (in the year 2019) in three year Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), B.Sc. in Information Technology (H) and B.Sc. in Computer Science (H) or equivalent with Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level or at Graduation Level, with at least 50% of marks in aggregate (45% in case of Applicant belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Exam from any recognized University.
For M.SC. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Electronics, Computer Science & Information Technology, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning)
- Pass or appearing (2019) at Bachelor degree in Science Physics (Honours) / Chemistry (Honours) / Mathematics (Honours), Electronics (Honours), Computer Science (Honours), Information Technology (Honours) or equivalent respectively from any recognized University with at least 50% marks (45% in case of Applicants belonging to SC / ST / OBC category)
Eligibility Criteria for Pharmacy Programs
- Applicants shall have passed 10+2 Exam conducted respective states/Central Govt. Authorities recognized as equivalent to 10+2 Exam by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with English as one the subject and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (P.C.M) and /or Biology (P.C.B / P.C.M.B) as optional subjects individually ; and obtained at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of Applicant belonging to reserved category) in the subjects ‘Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology taken together’.
- Pass or appearing (2019) B.Pharm Degree Exam from an Indian University established by law in India from an institution approved by Pharmacy Council of India and has scored less than 55% of the maximum marks (aggregate of 4 years of B.Pharm) (50% for the reserved category Applicants). Students appearing the final B. Pharm degree Exam may also apply.
- The Applicant having valid GPAT Score can apply and shall get preference in selection.
M.SC. (Biotechnology / Nano Science & Nano Technology / Medicinal & Aromatic Plants / Molecular Biology)
- Pass or appearing (2019) at Bachelor degree in Science / Agriculture / Pharmacy / Veterinary / Engineering & Technology / Medicine (MBBS/BDS) / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics or equivalent from any recognized University with at least 50% marks (45% in case of Applicants belonging to SC / ST / OBC category).
M.SC. (Chemical Biology & Drug Design)
- Pass or appearing (2019) B.Sc. with Chemistry (Honours) / B.Tech in Chemical Engineering / B.Pharm / M.Pharm with at least 50% marks (45% in case of Applicants belonging to SC / ST / OBC category).
Eligibility Criteria for Agriculture Programs
- Pass or appearing at 10+2 Exam (2019) with not less than 50% marks in aggregate for admission under General and OBC categories, 40% marks in aggregate for admission under SC, ST and PH categories, with PCM/PCB/PCMB subject combinations. Applicants must have passed in English 10+2 Exam
- Age Limit: The lower age limit is 17 years as on 31.12.2019.
- Pass or appearing (2019) B.Sc. (Agriculture) / B.Sc. (Horticulture) from any recognized University by State and Central Govt. Marks in qualifying Exam.
- Applicant should have OGPA 6.5 and GPA 7.0 in concerned discipline on 10 point scale.
- The requirement of minimum percentage of marks (OGPA/GPA) as indicated above shall not be applicable to the Applicant sponsored by State Govt./ Central Govt./ Nominee of ICAR.
- Minimum age limit is 21 year as on 31.07.2019. No relaxation in age limit
Eligibility Criteria for Management Programs
- Pass or appearing (2019) the 10+2 or equivalent in any stream.
- Pass or appearing (2019) minimum three years of Bachelor Degree in Science, Commerce and Arts / B.E. / B.Tech. / MBBS / B.Pharm. / B.Sc. Agri. / BVSC / BHMS / BAMS / BDS / BPT / BHMCT / BBA / BCA Exam or equivalent, from any recognized University with at-least 50% marks (45% in case of Applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC category).
Eligibility Criteria for Law Programs
- Pass or appearing (2019) the 10+2 or equivalent in any stream with at least 45% marks. Relaxable to 40% in case of SC/ST and 42% in case OBC. There is no upper age limit at present, however it is subjected to the decision of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and BCI notification in this regard.
- CLAT / LSAT qualified Applicants are exempted from the entrance test, but they have to fill up the form.
- Pass or appearing 2019 Bachelor degree in Law or studied Integrated Law courses or equivalent thereof, from any recognized university. CLAT / LSAT qualified Applicants are exempted from the entrance test, but they have to fill up the form.
Eligibility Criteria for Nursing Programs
- Pass or appearing at 10+2 Exam (2019) with at least 45% marks in aggregate (Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together) and 40% marks in aggregate for SC / ST / OBC Applicants and must have passed in English.
- Age Limit: The lower age limit is 17 years as on 31.12.2019
POST BASIC B. SC. NURSING
- Passed GNM Exam, and registered with concerned State Nursing Council.
- Pass B.Sc. Nursing (Basic/Post Basic) Degree with 55% aggregate from an Institution recognized by Indian Nursing Council with a minimum of one year experience either in teaching or clinical area after registration in respective State Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife.
Eligibility Criteria for Hotel Management Programs
- Pass or appearing at 10+2 Exam (2019) in any discipline with at least 45% marks (40% in case of SC / ST / OBC category)
MBA IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
- Pass or appearing (2019) minimum three years of Bachelor Degree in Science, Commerce and Arts / BHMCT / BBA Exam or equivalent, from any recognized University with at-least 50% marks (45% in case of Applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC category)
SAAT 2019 Application Procedure
- All students are required to apply & appear Siksha O Anusandhan Admissions Test (SAAT – 2019) or equivalent qualifying exam(s).
- Separate merit list for all qualifying Applicants shall be prepared on the basis of SAAT 2019.
- In addition, separate merit lists will also be drawn for Applicants qualifying under each of the reservation categories. Each qualified Applicant shall be given a rank card.
- The reservations shall be followed as per the reservation policy mentioned in the Reservation Policy Document.
SAAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- There will be multiple-choice questions. The medium of examination is English and the duration of the entrance examination is 2hrs
- Each question shall have four probable answers with only one is correct answer, and the examinee shall have blacken only the correct circle with HB pencil or black/blue ballpoint pen
- Each correct answer shall carry four marks whereas each incorrect answer will lead to dedication of one mark. Each unanswered question will carry zero mark
- If more than one circle is darkened for one question, it will be treated as an incorrect answer and one mark will be deducted
SAAT 2019 Exam Cities/Centre
- Online – Bangalore; Bhopal; Bhubaneswar; Bokaro; Chandigarh; Chennai; Dehradun; Durgapur; Gandhinagar; Gangtok; Guwahati; Raipur; Ranchi; Shimla; Srinagar/ Jammu; Surat; Thiruvananthapuram; Varanasi; Vijayawada; Vishakapatnam; Hyderabad; Jaipur; Jamshedpur; Kharagpur; Kolkata; Kota; Lucknow; Mumbai; Nagpur; Panaji; Patna
- Offline – Angul; Balasore; Bargarh; Baripada; Berhampur; Bhadrak; Bhawanipatna; Bhubaneswar; Phulbani; Puri; Rayagada; Rourkela; Sambalpur; Sundargarh; Bolangir; Cuttack; Jagatsinghpur; Jeypore; Kendrapara; Keonjhar; Koraput; Nayagarh
SAAT Admit Card 2019
- The Hall Ticket will be issued only to those eligible Applicants who have submitted their online application forms complete in all respects, on or before the last date as specified.
- The Hall Ticket will contain name, photograph, programme, subject, address of the Applicant, address of the Test Centre allotted and test schedule.
- Hall ticket can be downloaded from 05th April 2019 onward through Applicants login / dashboard.
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Address
Institute of Technology Education and Research, (Faculty of Engineering Technology), Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade, deemed to be University, Khandagiri Square, PO Khandagiri Bhubaneswar-751030, Odisha, Website www.soa.ac.in