BSc Applied Nautical Science 2019 at SCI Mumbai
SCI Mumbai BSc Applied Nautical Science 2019: SCI has invited application from eligible, unmarried and medically fit male/female applicants, Indian nationals, who are desirous of pursuing a career at sea, for the DNS Course leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science) for February 2019 Batch One Year Residential Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc. Applied Nautical Science (IMU) 2019.
The selected applicants who qualify in IMU CET i.e. Common Entrance Test will be admitted for training at our Maritime Training Institute (MTI) at Powai.MTI is affiliated to Indian Maritime University (IMU), Chennai, A Central University set up by Government of India.
All interested applicants must appear and qualify IMU CET i.e. Common Entrance Test which is mandatory in order to join MTI Powai. Final selection will be purely on the merit list of IMU CET Results.
Important Dates for SCI Mumbai BSc Applied Nautical Science 2019
- IMU Online Registration for CET Commences from December 14th, 2018
- Commencement of Course: February 01st, 2019 (Tentative)
- Last Date of Submitting SCI Online Application Form is January 04th, 2019 (1700 hrs)
Duration of Course & Onboard Training
- 12 months Pre-Sea Training course followed by 18 months of Structured Shipboard Training as TNO (Deck Cadet) under Indian Maritime University (IMU) – Directorate General of Shipping (D G Shipping) project, leading to Degree in B.Sc. (Nautical Science) to be conducted at Maritime Training Institute at Powai (Mumbai), owned by The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.
- Commencement February 01st, 2019 (Tentative)
Check out Common Entrance Test
- An applicant must be passed in 10+2 examination from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) with not less than 60% marks. Students who have appeared for 10+2 examination and waiting for results are also eligible to apply & qualify for the examination subject to their securing 60% marks in PCM prior to commencement to the course)
- An applicant must be passed in B.Sc. (PCM)/B.sc (Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the years) with marks not less than 60% from a recognized University
- B.E. / B. Tech. degree from I.I.T. or from a college recognized by AICTE with marks not less than 50%
- Minimum 50% marks in English in any of the above examinations. For SC/ST candidates there will be 5% relaxation in eligibility marks. However, it will not apply to English marks.
- Not more than 25 Years (as on 01st February 2019). SC /ST applicants will be granted age relaxation of 5 years.
Medical Standard & Eye Sight:
- Applicant must have good health and be fit for sea service as per existing MS Medical Examination Amendment rules 2016 / MLC 2006 applicable to seafarers. Standard as mentioned below:
- Height: Minimum 157 cms. or as per the DGS Guidelines. Reduction in height for the candidates from hilly and tribal areas will be in accordance with DGS/Govt. guidelines.
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
- Hearing: Normal
- Visual Standard: 6/6 (Normal Eye). Defective colour vision (Colour Blindness) NOT accepted.
Note: Medical fitness check will be done through our empanelled DG approved Doctors and No waiver will be given for the above standard. Candidates not meeting above standard should not apply.
- The selection of applicants is only for DNS course & shipboard training to facilitate completion of requisite sea-time for DNS course, and the shipping corporation of India does not have the obligation or does not guarantee any further employment or extension of shipboard training.
- However, the company may employ cadets after their completion of DNS course & obtaining the 2nd mate certificate of completion issued by Directorate General of Shipping, Govt. of India, at sole discretion, depending on the availability of vacancy in its fleet.
- All interested applicants must appear and qualify Indian Maritime University (IMU) Common Entrance Test (CET) which is mandatory for admission at MTI Powai. Final selection will be purely on the merit list of IMU CET Results.
SCI Mumbai BSc Applied Nautical Science 2019 – How to Apply?
- Date, time and venue of IMU CET Exam are normally intimated through personal email ID and by logging on to IMU website imu.edu.in. Applicants shall take a printout of the admit card available online.
- Register online for IMU-CET for DNS Course on Indian Maritime University (IMU) Website www.imu.edu.in (IMU on-line registration for CET commences from December 14th, 2018)
- Print the HALL TICKETS for IMU-CET from IMU Website
- Fill-up the Online Application Form for MTI admission before January 04th, 2019 (1700 hrs) at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1agWe1ILRm9mX_OktASSuAEXHWRl09zNT_YPvVx30Dxo (USE Google Chrome browser for filling up application. Copy & paste the above link in chrome browser)
- Send the scan copies of the documents mentioned in Annex-I to us through email at [email protected] mentioning “DNS Admission – your name” in the subject of the email. (Size of documents mentioned in the Annex-I in email shall be below 2 MB)
- Appear for IMU-CET computer-based examination at your respective Examination Centres as per Hall Ticket.
- Visit SCI website www.shipindia.com -> Careers -> MTI Notifications -> Selection of TNOC for DNS 2019 February Batch.
- Check for results of qualifying CET at IMU-Website www.imu.edu.in
- Check results of selection of applicants for admission at SCI-Website www.shipindia.com -> Careers -> MTI Notifications.
- All Instructions, reporting notices, any modifications/amendments in the advertisement will be notified in the above website only.