Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University PhD Admission 2019
SGGSWU Phd Admission 2019 : Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University has invited online applications on prescribed form from the eligible applicants for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in various disciplines for the academic session 2019-20, so as to reach the University latest by September 09th, 2019 (upto 05.00 pm).
SGGSWU PhD Program Offered
- SGGSWU PhD Program Offered in following disciplines – 1. Biotechnology 2. Chemistry 3. Commerce & Management 4. Economics 5. Electronics Engineering, 06 Law, 07. Mechanical Engineering 08. Physical Education, 09. Physiotherapy, 10. Physics 11. Punjabi 12. Zoology
Check out more PhD Admissions
SGGSWU Phd Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for Submission of Forms: September 09th, 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: September 13th, 2019
- Declaration of Result: September 13th, 2019
- Date of Interviews: September 17th, 2019
- Display of List of selected applicants: September 17th, 2019
- Deposit of Fee: 18th to 20th September 2019
- Note: Schedule of Interviews for different subjects will be available on University Website
SGGSWU Phd Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Master’s degree with at least 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA out of 10 (50% marks or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST candidates, OBC (non-creamy layer), differently abled persons who have at least 40% disability) or those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991 from a recognized Indian or Foreign University in the subject concerned or allied-subject.
- The eligibility of foreign students shall be determined on the basis of recognition of their degree’s equivalent to (a) above by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi or any other notified authority for the purpose by the Government of India.
- Applicants possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
SGGSWU Phd Admission 2019 Selection Process
- Weightage of different components for determining merit for admission to Ph.D. programme is as under:
- Components & Weightage (%)
- Marks obtained in Entrance Test: 70
- Performance in Interview/Viva-Voce: 30
- Total: 100
Check out more latest entrance exams
SGGSWU Phd Entrance Test 2019
The Phd entrance test will comprise of the following two papers, each of 60 minutes duration:
- Paper-I (Common for all subjects) will contain 60 objective type multiple choice questions
- Scope: General Aptitude, Reasoning, Numerical/Mental Ability, Indian education system, Analytical skills/Research aptitude, Environment, Language proficiency, Teaching Aptitude and any other topic covered in Paper – I of the UGC-NET.
- Paper-II (for subject opted by applicant for admission) will contain 60 objective type multiple choice questions
- Scope: Core areas relating to the concerned discipline/subject.
- The syllabus of the test will be the same as the syllabus of UGC-NET or GATE.
- A minimum of 50% marks are required in aggregate to qualify the test.
- All applicants should appear in the entrance test for admission to Ph.D. program. However, those applicants who have qualified UGC NET (including JRF)/ UGC CSIR NET (including JRF) SLET/GATE or have passed M.Phil. program may be exempted from Paper-II.
SGGSWU Phd Application Procedure 2019
- Prospectus and Application form can be obtained from the university on payment of Rs. 500/- or may be downloaded from the university website https://sggswu.edu.in
- Application cum registration form can be obtained from the university on payment of Rs. 500/- through demand draft in favour of Registrar, Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Payable at Fatehgarh Sahib or by cash payment at the spot.
- In case the admission form is downloaded from the University website, it should be submitted complete in all respects along with Application cum Registration fee of Rs. 500/- in the form of demand draft in favour of Registrar, Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Payable at Fatehgarh Sahib.
- The Phd Entrance Test fee of Rs.2000/- is to be paid through demand draft in favour of Registrar, Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Payable at Fatehgarh Sahib along with the application form. Entrance test fee can also be deposited by cash at the spot. In such a case, the fee receipt should be enclosed with the application form.
Check out more admission notification