DU SOL Admission 2019 Distance Education M.A, M.Com Courses – Application, Eligibility, Dates
DU SOL Admission 2019 for MA M.Com Courses: University of Delhi (DU) School of Open Learning (SOL) opens admissions for the year 2019 to Postgraduate (PG)/Master’s Courses. All the applicants seeking admission to the Postgraduate/Master’s Courses including Course offered by SOL are required to register online on PG admission web portal of the University of Delhi.
SOL Delhi University Courses Offered
DU SOL is providing 5 PG Programs which are
- MA (Hindi)
- MA (English)
- MA (Sanskrit)
- MA (Political Science)
Check out more Distance Education Courses
Span Period of Study
All Post Graduate Courses offered by the School have a Specified minimum and maximum allowed span period for completing the same. These stipulations are to be strictly observed during the course of study at the School.
- M.A. Hindi – Minimum 2 years & Maximum 4 years
- M.A. History – Minimum 2 years & Maximum 4 years
- M.A. Political Science – Minimum 2 years & Maximum 4 years
- M.A. Sanskrit – Minimum 2 years & Maximum 4 years
- M.Com – Minimum 2 years & Maximum 4 years
Check out DU SOL BA B.Com Admission 2019
DU SOL M.A. M.Com Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Application Start Date: June 01st, 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form: July 31st, 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form & With Late Fee Rs.200/-: 01st August to 31st August 2019
- Last date of admission with condemnation of delay by the Vice-Chancellor: August 31st, 2019
Check out more Admission Notification
Eligibility Criteria for SOL DU Admission 2019 M.A. M.Com
The minimum requirement for admission to various Post-graduate Courses offered by the School is as per the eligibility decided by the respective University Departments. Various aspects such as qualifying exams, minimum marks required, age requirements and course specific requirements are covered in the eligibility criteria.
For details see the Information Bulletin of the respective departments available on Web Portal www.du.ac.in/ https://sol.du.ac.in
Who can apply?
Admissions are open to applicants from all over India.
Admissions are also open to Indian nationals working in Indian missions abroad and also to their dependents, subject to appear in the University Examination conducted at Delhi center’s only
Admissions are also open to Indian nationals settled abroad provided they are:
- They take the University examination at the Delhi Centre only
- They submit a duly attested photocopy of the passport
- On seeking admission to the School of Open Learning, Indian nationals settled abroad shall be required to make an extra payment of Rs.1500/- per year towards postage charges. All payments from such students will be accepted through Bank Draft of State Bank of India/ Nationalize Bank
- Foreign nationals residing in India are also eligible for admission in this School. Their cases will be dealt with as per procedure laid down under special Provisions mentioned in section (14)
As per Ordinance of the University, there is no minimum age bar for admission to the Post Graduate courses in the University and its colleges except in courses where the respective regulatory bodies (such as MCI, AICTE etc.) have prescribed the minimum age requirement in their regulations.
Check out more M.Com Admission
SC/ST /Other Backward Classes
Reservations of seats in admission to various Postgraduate courses shall be in the following manner.
- Scheduled Caste = 15% of total intake in each Course
- Scheduled Tribe = 7.5% of Total intake in each Course
- Other Backward Classes = 27% of total intake in each course
The seats reserved for SC/ST shall be filled by the SC/ST applicants only. However, in case of non-availability of the eligible applicants, the reserved seats may be interchanged between the SC & ST, if still, any seat remains unfilled, the same shall remain vacant
The seat reserved for the OBCs, the said seats shall be filled with the OBC students only, if OBC applicants possessing the minimum eligibility marks are not available in the OBC category then the vacant OBC seats shall be converted into General Category seats in accordance with the admission schedule notified by the University.
As per the University of Delhi guidelines, the CW category = 5% of the seats in each course.
Check out more MA Admission
SOL DU M.A. M.Com Application Form 2019
Students are required to fill an application at available at SOL for admission to the courses offered by the School in the prescribed Admission Form. Students are advised to carefully study the instructions given below prior to filling up the form to ensure that all options are correctly chosen by them
Instructions for filling the Admission Form for the eligible applicant for SOL
- Applicants desiring to take admission in SOL are advice to regularly visit SOL website i.e. https://sol.du.ac.in
- For details visit the DU website www.du.ac.in for Post Graduate Registration
- In all cases, the required fees should be deposited in SOL with the Admission Form through Bank Draft has drawn on State Bank of India/ any Nationalized Bank in favor of “The Executive Director, School of Open Learning, University of Delhi”, Payable at New Delhi.
- Please ensure that the following documents are to be submitted along with the Admission Form. In case the relevant documents are not enclosed, your Application for Admission will not be considered Duly filled Admission Form. Bank Draft for Category ‘A; Rs. 4990/- Category ‘B’ Rs. 4490/- and Category ‘C’ Rs. 13490/- for M.A. and Category ‘A’ Rs. 5140/- Category ‘B’ Rs. 4640/- and Category ‘C’ Rs. 13640/-for M.Com.
Mode of Payment of Fees
- The applicants are required to pay their fees at the time of admission through a Bank Draft drawn on State Bank of India/ any Nationalized Bank in favour of “The Executive Director, School of Open Learning, University of Delhi” payable at New Delhi.
- Applicant should write his/her Name, Application Form No. and course applied for, on the back side of the Bank Draft. Any other mode of payment, such as Postal Orders, Money Orders or Cheques will not be accepted.
- Exam Fee for Reappear/Improvement is extra at Rs.150/- per paper subject to a minimum of Rs.600/-; Library security Fees Rs.500/- is refundable.
- An additional amount of Rs 1500/- per year towards postage charges will have to be paid by overseas students except those who are getting mail through Diplomatic Bag.
- The SOL students will download their Identity Cards online from the SOL website www.sol.du.ac.in latest by July 31st, 2019.
- Every student is required to have an Identity Card of the School. Students are advised to contact the relevant admission sections at the SOL North Campus if he/she is not able to download his/her Identity Card. If this card is lost by the student a duplicate can be issued on payment of Rs.30/- only.