Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists 2020
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships Program 2020: The Swiss government, through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), awards the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists for 2020 sessions.
- Each year the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries.
- The awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), selects recipients.
- University research fellowships for scholars, doctorates and post-doctorates at Swiss universities, federal institutes of technology and universities of applied sciences (no scholarships for bachelor or masters studies).
- Arts scholarships for advanced-level artists at Swiss conservatories and universities of the arts (only for a limited number of countries).
Eligibility for Excellence Scholarships 2020
- The scholarships program are offered to international graduates from countries around the world, however, not all of the countries are included in the scheme. Select your country from the drop-down menu HERE and check which scholarships you are eligible to apply.
- Generally, the scholarship includes a monthly payment, exemption from tuition fees, insurance, housing allowance, airfare and other benefits, depending on the country of origin and the type of scholarship.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships Application Form
- The application deadlines vary depending on the country you come from.
- In order to apply for a scholarship, please contact the relevant application institution in your country of origin (institution cited in the factsheet, that you can find when you select your country from the drop-down menu).
- Applications are subject to preliminary selection by the relevant national authorities and the Swiss diplomatic representation. The short-listed applications are then assessed by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), which takes the final decision.
- The FCS is composed of professors from all Swiss public universities. Scholarship awards are decided on the basis of academic and scientific excellence.
- The FCS will announce its decisions regarding the new scholarship awards by the end of May at the latest.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2020 Important Dates
- Application/Exam Deadline: 12th November 2019
- National Scholarship Portal
- National Scholarship Registration
- National Scholarship Test 2020
- Made Easy National Scholarship Test 2020
- List of Vidyasaarathi Scholarship
- West Bengal Scholarship