Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University announces Paramedical Course for 2019-20 Session
Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University Paramedical Courses 2019: Online applications are invited for admission to Paramedical Degree Courses /Diploma in Nursing Course/ Other Diploma/Certificate Courses 2019-20 Session in Tamil Nadu Govt. Medical Colleges, Government Seats in Self-Financing Medical Colleges affiliated to ‘The Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University’.
TNMGRMU Programs Offered
Common Prospectus for Admission to
- Paramedical Degree Courses
- Diploma in Nursing Course
- Paramedical Diploma Courses / Paramedical
- Certificate Courses / Diploma in Pharmacy / Diploma in Medical Record Science / Multipurpose Hospital Worker
Check out more Paramedical Courses
The applicant should be a citizen of India and Native of TamilNadu.
Applicants belonging to other States cannot claim nativity of Tamil Nadu.
Applicants who are Native of TamilNadu and who have studied 6th standard to 12th standard in schools of Tamil Nadu need not submit their “Nativity Certificate”.
Permanent Residence Certificate in Lieu of Nativity Certificate will not be accepted.
Applicants who are Native of Tamil Nadu, but have studied from 6th Standard to 12th standard outside Tamil Nadu either partly or completely in one or more States should produce the Nativity Certificate of the applicant and true copies of their parent’s certificates such as Birth Certificate, SSLC, 10th, 12th, Transfer Certificate and Ration Card or Passport to substantiate their place of birth in Tamil Nadu and to establish the relationship between the parent and applicant.
The Certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu of the applicant should be obtained from the competent authority only and supported by a copy of Passport / Aadhar / Voter’s ID/ Driving License. If the copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application will be summarily rejected.
Applicants who are native of Tamil Nadu alone will be considered for communal reservation.
Other State applicants who are not native of Tamil Nadu but who have Studied 6th standard to 12th standard in Tamil Nadu will be treated as OC (Open Competition) applicant.
Gender (Diploma in Nursing Course Only)
Only Female applicants are eligible to apply for the Diploma in Nursing Course.
The Third Gender applicants who identify themselves as “Female” by self –declaration and are supported by the certificate (ID Card) issued by the Tamil Nadu Third gender Welfare Board (TNTGWB) are also eligible to apply for Diploma in Nursing Course.
B.Sc. (Nursing) Course: Applicants should have completed 17 years of age and should not have completed 30 years as on 31st December 2019. SC / SCA/ST applicants should not have completed 35 years as on 31st December 2019.
ASLP: Applicants shall not be older than 25 years as on 01st July 2019.
Pharm. /B.P.T /B.Sc. Radiology & Imaging Technology / B.Sc. Radio – Therapy Technology / B.Sc. Cardio Pulmonary Perfusion Technology / B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology / B.Sc Operation Theatre & Anaesthesia Technology / B.Sc Cardiac Technology / B.Sc Critical Care Technology /B.Optom. / B.Sc Physician Assistant / B.Sc Accident & Emergency Care Technology / B.Sc Respiratory Therapy / B.O.T Course: Should have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2019
Diploma in Nursing Course: Minimum age shall be 17 years as on 31st December 2019. Applicants should not have completed 35 years on 31st December 2019
For Other Diploma/Certificate Courses
Non-Service applicants (Diploma and Certificate Courses except D.Pharm): Applicants should have completed 17 years of age and should not have completed 32 years as on 31st December 2019. For SC/SCA/ST applicants’ maximum age is enhanced to 37 years. Evidence should be produced.
Diploma in Pharmacy (Only for Non-Service Applicants): Applicants must have completed 17 years of age and should not have completed 30 years as on 31st December 2019 (For SC/ST applicants’ maximum age is enhanced to 35 years). Evidence should be produced.
Service Applicants: Regular service applicant who have successfully completed the period of Probation are alone eligible to apply only for certain Para-medical Certificate / Diploma Courses. The selection will be based on their service seniority.
Check out Medical Courses
Paramedical Certificate Courses
Service Applicants should not have completed 54 years as on 31st December 2019. They should execute a bond to accept to serve the Govt. for thrice the period of training after completion of the course.
DRDT/ DRTT: The Service Applicants should not have completed 50 years as on 31st December 2019
Diploma in Medical Record Science: Service Applicant should not have completed 50 years of age as on 31st December 2019.
Multi-Purpose Hospital Worker Course: The Service Applicants should not have completed 54 years as on 31st December 2019. They should execute a bond to accept to serve the Govt. for thrice the period of training after completion of the course.
Paramedical Degree Courses
- Applicants should have passed in all the subjects of the qualifying examination of the Higher Secondary Course conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board or any other Equivalent Board in a single sitting in the following group of subjects with minimum eligible marks.
- Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology (or) Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics with any other subject.
- A failure in examination/ reappearance/ first appearance in the compartment in one or more subjects will be treated as an attempt and they will not be eligible.
Diploma in Nursing Course
Applicants should have passed in all the subjects of the qualifying exam of the Higher Secondary Certificate Exam conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board / any other equivalent Board in the following group of subject.
i) 65% of the seats will be filled up with applicants in the following subjects.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology with any other subject
- Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
ii) 25% of the seats will be filled up with applicants in the following Subjects
- Vocational Nursing
- Foundation Science as Vocational Subject
10% of the seats will be filled with applicants in the subject not specified in items (a) and (b) above.
TNMGRMU Paramedical Application Form 2019 – How to Apply?
- Kindly apply separately for each of the Paramedical Degree, Diploma in Nursing Course, Diploma in Pharmacy and Other Diploma / Certificate Courses after reading the prospectus carefully.
- Applicant should log on in any one of the following websites www.tnhealth.org and www.tnmedicalselection.org
- Applicants should submit their filled-in online application form by uploading the details in the required fields.
- Request for change in any particulars in the online application shall not be entertained under any circumstances after submission.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Applicants are advised to submit only one Application Form. If an applicant submits more than one Application Form, his candidature will be cancelled.
- Applicants should ensure that all information’s entered in the online application are correct during the online submission of the application form.
- Applicants should submit the print out of the filled-in online application form (Hard Copy) along with necessary enclosures.
- The filled-in online application form along with the necessary enclosures should reach the following address – “The secretary, Selection Committee, 162, Periyar E.V.R. High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai-600010”
- Applicants should send their filled-in online application form along with all the enclosures in an A4 size cloth lined cover. The template with the requisite details should be printed and pasted on the cover.
- Merit List will be published for Paramedical Degree Courses, Diploma in Nursing Course, Diploma/ Certificate Courses, Diploma in Pharmacy, Diploma in Medical Record Science & Multipurpose Hospital Worker.
Check out Admission Notifications
The selection will be made based on merit and applying the rule of reservation by the Government of Tamil Nadu as follows:
- Open Competition: 31 %
- Backward Class: 30%
- Most Backward /Denotified Community: 20%
- Scheduled Caste: 18%
- Scheduled Tribe: 1%
Within 30% reservation for BC, 3.5% reservation will be provided for BC Muslims and 16% of seats out of 18% quota earmarked to SC shall be allotted to the Arunthathiyar community.
BC, BCM, MBC/DNC, SC, SCA & ST applicants are eligible for selection under open competition as per merit in addition to the reservation made for them.
For B.Sc (Nursing) course, the ratio of seats between men and women shall be 1:9 respectively. The Third Gender applicants who identify themselves as female by self-declaration supported by the certificate (ID Card) issued by the Tamil Nadu Third Gender Welfare Board (TNGWB) are also eligible to get allotment as female applicants.
- Seats earmarked for the Special Categories will be allotted following the Horizontal Reservation.
- The Seats will be allotted as per merit order in the concerned special category and those seats will be deducted in the concerned compartment (OC / BC / BCM / MBC / DNC / SC / SCA / ST) and the remaining seats will be allotted to the General Category.
- If the adequate number of eligible applicants are not available under Special Category the earmarked seats will be reverted back to general category.
Application Fee Details
The Tuition Fee for all Paramedical Degree Courses in all Govt. Colleges (per Annum) Rs. 3000/-.
The fee prescribed for the Paramedical Certificate Courses including E.E.G./E.M.G. Course, Multi-Purpose Hospital Worker Course, Medical Record Technician Course, Diploma in Medical Record Sciences Course
- Tuition Fee – Rs.200/-
- Special Fee – Rs.250/-
- Library Fee – Rs.500/-
- Exam Fee – Rs.500/-
- Total – Rs.1450/-
Stipend for Diploma in Pharmacy Course
- 1st Year Stipend Amount is Rs.400/-
- 2nd Year Stipend Amount is Rs.440/-
- [The rate of stipend subject to revision)
TNMGRMU Paramedical Courses Admission 2019 Dates
Paramedical Degree Courses
- Date of Notification: 08th August 2019
- Date of Commencement of Online Application: 09th August 2019 @ 10.00 a.m.
- Last date for online submission of application: 19th August 2019 @ 5.00 p.m.
- Last Date for receipt of filled-in online application form along with a photocopy of certificates: 21st August 2019 @ 5.00 p.m.
- Expected Date for Declaration of Merit through official Website: 29th August 2019
- Tentative Allotment of Seats by Personal Appearance: Will be intimated later
Diploma in Nursing Course
- Date of Notification: 25th August 2019
- Date of Commencement of online application: 26th August 2019 @ 10.00 a.m.,
- Last date for online submission of application: 04th September 2019 @ 5.00 p.m.,
- Last date for receipt of filled-in online application form along with photocopy of certificates: 06th September 2019 @ 5.00 p.m.
- Expected date for declaration of Merit through the official website: 13th September 2019
- Tentative Allotment of seats by personal appearance: Will be intimated later.
Paramedical Diploma/Certificate Courses
- Date of Notification: 08th September 2019
- Date of Commencement of online application: 09th September 2019 @ 10.00 a.m.
- Last date for online submission of application: 18th September 2019 @ 5.00 p.m.
- Last date for receipt of filled-in online application form along with photocopy of certificates: 20th September 2019 @ 5.00 p.m.
- Expected date for declaration of Merit through the official website: 27th September 2019
- Tentative Allotment of seats by personal appearance: Will be intimated later
- Last date of admission for all courses: The time as mentioned in the allotment order of the applicant