Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2019
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission 2019 – Government of Tamil Nadu has invites applications for admission to MBBS and BDS Degree Courses in Tamil Nadu Government Medical and Dental Colleges, I.R.T. Medical College, Perundurai, Erode and Govt. Seats in Self Financing Medical and Dental Colleges Affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University and Rajah Muthiah Medical/Dental College affiliated to Annamalai University, Chidhambaram, ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR, K.K. Nagar, Chennai for the Session 2019-2020. Check out the complete details like important dates, eligibility, application procedure, selection procedure and Counselling Process for Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission 2019.
Duration of the Courses
- M.B.B.S.: 5½ years including one-year Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship.
- B.D.S.: 5 years including one-year Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship.
Check out more Medical Entrance Exam
- From the total number of MBBS / BDS seats available in the Government Medical / Dental Colleges, 15% of the seats are surrendered to All India Quota and the remaining 85% of seats are allotted to State Quota for the academic year 2019-2020
- The eligibility for admission to MBBS / BDS Degree Courses within the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the NEET UG 2019.
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of online application form: June 20th, 2019 upto 5.00 P.M
- Last date for receipt of filled-in online application: June 21st, 2019 upto 5:00 P.M.
- Tentative date of declaration of Rank list: July 02nd, 2019
- Special Category and wards of I.R.T. employees
- 1st phase of counselling: July 04th, 2019
- 2nd phase of counselling: July 05th, 2019 to July 12th, 2019 (Excluding Sunday)
- Depends on the schedule of All India Quota counselling
- Commencement of courses: August 01st, 2019
- Closure of admission: August 18th, 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission 2019
- applicants should be a Citizen of India.
- Overseas Citizens of India, who are registered under Section 7A of the Citizenship Act, 1955 (Central Act 57 of 1955) are eligible to apply for MBBS/BDS Degree Courses subject to the production of proof of such registration. However, OCI applicants will not be eligible for any kind of reservation and will be treated only as Open Category.
- The National Testing Agency will prepare an All India Merit List of successful applicants of NEET (UG) – 2019 on the basis of the eligibility criteria provided by the Board of Governors in Supersession of Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India as given in Graduate Medical Education Regulations – 1997 issued under Indian Medical Council Act – 1956 and BDS Course Regulations, 2007 issued under the Dentists Act, 1948. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Admission to MBBS / BDS Degree Courses shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test (NEET–UG 2019)
- In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for an applicant to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test to MBBS / BDS Courses held for the said academic year. However, in respect of applicants belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at the 40th percentile. In respect of applicants with Bench Mark Disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile for unreserved category applicants and 40th percentile for SC/SCA/ST/OBC applicants.
- Provided when a sufficient number of applicants in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test held for any academic year for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses, the Government of India in consultation with the Board of Governors in Supersession of the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for applicants belonging to respective categories and marks so lowered by the Government of India shall be applicable for the said academic year only.
- To be eligible for admission to the MBBS/BDS Courses, an applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology at the Qualifying Examination as mentioned in Graduate Medical Education Regulations-1997 as amended in 2018 and BDS Course Regulations, 2007 and in addition must have come in the merit list of National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses. In respect of the applicants belonging to the SC, ST and OBC category, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology taken in qualifying examination and competitive examination (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) must be 40% marks instead of 50%. In respect of applicants with Bench Mark Disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks in qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together must be 45% instead of 50%.
- applicants who have passed 10+2 from Open School or as private applicants shall not be eligible to appear for ‘National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test’. Furthermore, study of Biology/Biotechnology as an Additional subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible.
Check out more Dental Courses
- applicants who have passed the H.S.C or its equivalent Government examinations in the Vocational Stream as their elective or specialization and private applicants, who have passed 10 + 2 from Open School are not eligible to apply for the MBBS / BDS Degree Courses.
- The selection and admission of applicants of other Universities / Boards will be provisional, subject to the No Objection Certificate given by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Guindy, Chennai. In case, No Objection Certificate is not accorded for the admission of the applicant on any ground, the provisional allotment of the applicant for continuance of the course and the admission will be cancelled.
- applicants presently pursuing the MBBS course in Tamil Nadu or in other States of India or other countries in the world are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for the MBBS Course once again.
- applicants presently pursuing the BDS course in Tamil Nadu or in other States of India or other countries in the world are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for the BDS Course again.
- applicants should be a Native of Tamil Nadu.
- applicants belonging to Native of Tamil Nadu and having studied from Standard VI to Standard XII in schools of Tamil Nadu need not submit their “Nativity Certificate”. However, such applicants should produce the true copies of their parent’s certificates such as a Birth Certificate, Ration Card SSLC/10th/ 12th / Degree / Diploma / Professional course. In case, parents are not literate, then No Graduation Certificate for parents, from the Revenue Authority of competent jurisdiction, to substantiate their parent’s place of birth in Tamil Nadu and also “Parent’s Community Certificate to claim the communal reservation”. If the applicants do not submit the above mentioned certificates, then the applicant will be considered under Open Category.
- applicants belonging to other States who are residing at Tamil Nadu cannot claim nativity of Tamil Nadu and they will be considered under Open Category.
- The other State applicants who are not native of Tamil Nadu and have studied from Standard VI to XII in Tamil Nadu will be considered under Open Category.
- Permanent Residence Certificate in lieu of Nativity Certificate will not be accepted.
- applicants should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or should complete that age on or before 31st December of that year
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission 2019 Application Process
- The applicants are advised to take a print out of the Prospectus from the official websites and read it carefully, along with the parent / guardian before filling up the online application form for the academic year 2019-2020.
- The applicant should log in to any one of the following websites www.tnhealth.org, www.tnmedicalselection.org
- Applicants seeking admission to MBBS/BDS Degree Courses in Tamil Nadu Government Medical/Dental Colleges including I.R.T. Medical College, Perundurai, Erode District and Government seats in Self-Financing Medical/Dental Colleges affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University and Rajah Muthiah Medical and Dental Colleges affiliated to Annamalai University, Chidambaram and ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR, K.K.Nagar, Chennai can access the application form from the following official websites www.tnhealth.org, www.tnmedicalselection.org
- Applicants should submit their filled in online application form after uploading the details in the required fields. They should send the printout of filled in online application form with necessary enclosures. The cost of application form of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only) should be paid through online payment via. Bank payment portal in the websites or by means of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai.
- Applicants should submit their filled-in online application form by uploading the details in the required fields. After filling up of the required fields in the online application, applicants should download the filled in application and submit the same along with the required enclosures to the following address: The Secretary, Selection Committee, 162, Periyar E.V.R. High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai–600 010.
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission 2019 Selection Procedure
- The admission shall be made on the basis of NEET UG 2019 score for MBBS / BDS Degree Courses for the year 2019-2020 through Single Window system following rule of reservation for the State Quota seats in Government Medical/Dental Colleges and Government Quota seats in Self Financing Private Medical / Dental Colleges, I.R.T. Medical College, Perundurai, Erode affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Rajah Muthiah Medical and Dental College affiliated to Annamalai University, Chidhambaram and ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR, K.K.Nagar, Chennai.
- Merely appearing and qualifying in NEET (UG) 2019 does not confer any right to the applicant for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses. The selection and admission to MBBS/BDS seats in any Medical Institution recognized for MBBS/BDS Courses is subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, rank in merit list, medical fitness and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the Government of India, respective State Institutions and Medical/Dental Colleges.
- Rank List of the applicants shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET UG 2019) for MBBS/BDS Degree Courses for the academic year 2019-2020.
- The Secretary, Selection Committee will publish the tentative rank list on the official websites www.tnhealth.org, www.tnmedicalselection.org
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Counselling Process
- The selection will be made based on NEET UG 2019 score and by Single Window counselling following the rule of reservation by the Government of Tamil Nadu as follows:
- Open Competition – 31 %
- Backward Class – 30 %
- Most Backward Class – 20 %
- Scheduled Caste – 18 %
- Scheduled Tribe – 1 %
- Within the 30% reservation for Backward Classes, 3.5% will be provided for Muslims and 16% of seats out of the 18% quota earmarked to Scheduled Caste shall be allocated to the Arunthathiyar Community.
Government of Tamil Nadu
Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, No.162, Periyar E.V.R. High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai–600 010, Phone No. 044-2836 1674, Website www.tnhealth.org, www.tnmedicalselection.org