TNOU Phd Admission 2019 Notification
Tamil Nadu Open University Phd Admission 2019: Tamil Nadu Open University, Chennai has invited online applications for admission to the PhD Programme (Regular) under full-time Category only for January 2019 sessions.
Check out Phd Admission 2019
Applicants who have studied under 10+2+3 pattern of education and been awarded and Master’s degree in the relevant subject or Applicant with Master’s Degree under 10+2+5 pattern of education of any recognized University in India or aboard, or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as notified for the purpose from time to time by the University, with at least 55 percent marks (50 percent in the case of SC/ST Applicants) (GPA of 5.51 and above in the 10 points scale) School Teachers applying for Part-time PhD Programme shall work in High/Higher Secondary Schools.
Qualified in an Entrance Test conducted by the Tamil Nadu Open University.
TNOU Phd Admission Dates 2019
- Last date for Receipt of Application Form: December 29th, 2018
- Conduct of Examination (Entrance): January 11th, 2019
- Conduct of Interview: January 11th, 2019
- Uploading of Selection List in the TNOU Website: January 22nd, 2019
- Admission Intimation to the Selected Applicants: January 23rd, 2019
- Last date of Admission: January 29th, 2019
- Induction Program: 2nd week of February 2019
- Humanities: English/Distance Education (16 vacancy)
- Politics and Public Administration: Public Science (07 vacancy); Public Administration (08 vacancy)
- Science: Mathematics (02 vacancy)
- Tamil and Cultural Studies: Tamil (14 vacancy)
- Social Sciences: Commerce (04 vacancy)
- Special Education and Rehabilitation: Special Education (04 vacancy)
- Management Studies: Management (01 vacancy)
- History and Tourism Studies: History (01 vacancy)
- Computer Science: Computer Science (08 vacancy)
- Education: Education (13 Vacancy)
- As per the UGC Regulations, an Entrance test and Interview will be administered for all the eligible applicants and the performance in the interview will be taken into account along with the marks score in the PG Programme.
- The written test would comprise of objective type of questions for 40 percent marks and the Interview would be conducted for 10 percent marks.
- The marks secured in written test and interview will be added to the marks obtained in the PG Degree Examinations by giving 50 percent weight-age and the rank list will be prepared accordingly.
TNOU Phd Application Form 2019
- The application can be downloaded from the university website www.tnou.ac.in and the downloaded application must be submitted along with the demand draft (DD) Rs.500/- in favour of Tamil Nadu Open University payable at Chennai.
- The fee of Rs550/- may also be paid in the form of demand draft (DD) in favour of Tamil Nadu Open University payable at Chennai or through Challan of State Bank of India or Indian Bank of get the application through post by addressed the request to the Registrar, Tamil Nadu Open University, No 577, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai-1600015.