Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCA) 2019 for Admission to M.E./ M. Tech./ M. Arch./ M. Plan. Degree Courses
TANCA 2019 Tamil Nadu Common Admissions: Online applications has invited for admission to M.E./ M. Tech./ M. Arch./ M. Plan. Degree Programmes offered in the University Departments, University Colleges, Regional Campuses of Anna University, Annamalai University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and the seats surrendered by the Self-Financing Engineering Colleges for the year 2019.
Check out the complete information of TANCA 2019 Tamil Nadu Common Admissions like important dates, application form, eligibility criteria, registration, counseling, admission process, fees, etc on this page given below:
TANCA 2019 Important Dates
- Date of Commencement of Online Registration of Application: 24th July 2019
- Last date for Online Registration & Submission: 05th August 2019
Check out M.Tech Courses
TANCA 2019 Course Offered
- Common online application form for admission to M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. degree programs offered in the University Departments / Constituent Colleges, Annamalai University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges, and Self-financing Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu for the seats surrendered for admission through single window counseling (TANCA 2019).
- Duration of Full-Time PG programs comprise of 4 semesters (2 years) and Part-Time program comprises of 6 semesters (3 years).
Mode of Study
- Applicants admitted under ‘Full-Time’ should be available in the departments during working hours for the curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Applicants should not attend any other Full-Time Programme(s) / Course(s) or take up any FullTime Job / Part-Time Job in any institution or company during the period of the program. Violation of the above rules will result in termination from the program.
- Part-Time Applicants will not be permitted to convert to Full-Time Mode during the course of study.
TANCA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants who have passed all the subjects in the recognized Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent field and obtained at least 50 % (45 % in the case of Applicants belonging to reserved categories) in the qualifying degree examination as per AICTE norms are eligible.
- Further, the Applicants shall possess
- TANCET 2019 mark; (or)
- GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 qualified score in the appropriate discipline of Engineering /Technology; (or)
- GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 qualified score in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers along with T A N C E T 2019 mark.
- Note 1: Eligibility qualifications for admission to various programs are given in Annexure I.
- Note 2: A Applicant is considered GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 qualified, if the marks secured are greater than or equal to the qualifying marks mentioned respectively for the category in the GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 scorecard.
- Note 3: If an Applicant claims that the educational qualification possessed by him/her (though not the same as prescribed eligible qualification) is equivalent to the eligible qualification prescribed in Annexure I, he / she should obtain the Eligibility Certificate from the Director, Academic Courses, Anna University, Chennai 600 025 on or before the last date prescribed for registration of the online application. However, the claim would be subject to the decision of the admitting authority.
Check out GATE 2020 Exam
Applicants of the following categories may also apply for admission:
- Applicants appeared for the final semester/year examination of the qualifying degree programs during April / May 2019, (except A.M.I.E. and other similar certificates of various professional bodies ) are eligible. These Applicants should produce evidence of having passed all the subjects in the qualifying degree examination at the time of counseling, failing which the Applicants will not be permitted to attend the counseling. The copy of downloaded results from the internet is permitted only when it is attested by the Principal/Head of the Department.
- Applicants with Section ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificates (e.g. A.M.I.E.) of the Institution of Engineers and other similar certificates of various professional bodies for example (Aeronautical Society of India), recognised by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India and enrolled before 31.5.2013 are considered to be equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech degree holders for admission to M.E./ M.Tech. degree programmes subject to the following conditions (a), (b) & (c)
- Applicants should have studied 10 + 2 years Higher Secondary. + AMIE (with 2 years experience) (or) 10 + 3 Years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE (with 2 years experience)
- Two years of regular full-time Teaching experience / Industrial experience in the relevant field after passing all the subjects including project work. The experience certificate will have to be produced by the Applicant.
- Must have qualified either in GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 with the qualifying score or TANCET 2019.
- Applicants who have studied continuously for the last 5 years (from XII Standard onwards) in Tamil Nadu will be considered as Tamil Nadu Applicants.
- Applicants who are Native of Tamil Nadu but have studied XII or/and Diploma, Degree outside Tamil Nadu have to upload a photocopy of Nativity Certificate. The Nativity certificate in electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate only will be accepted.
- Applicants belonging to the Other States are eligible under Open Competition category only.
- Applicants who are Sri Lankan Refugees and passed the recognized qualifying degree (with a minimum of 50 % marks) in Tamil Nadu will be considered for admission to M.E / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. degree programs as per rank, under Open Competition through Single Window Counselling.
- Applicants must have also appeared for TANCET 2019.
- Applicants who have appeared in TANCET 2019.
- Sponsored Category (Admission only in University Departments of Anna University, Chennai–25).
TANCA 2019 Admission Procedure
- A limited number of unfilled GATE seats (Full-Time mode) is available after GATE Counselling will be considered under sponsored Full-Time Category for the Applicants employed and sponsored by the Government / Government Organisations / Government Aided Educational Institutions under the sponsored category in the University Departments of
- Anna University, Chennai i.e. (College of Engineering Guindy, A.C. College of Technology, School of Architecture & Planning and Madras Institute of Technology Campuses).
- Sponsored Registered Professional Architects with a minimum of five years of professional experience will be considered for admission to M.Arch. degree program under Sponsored Category at University Department, School of Architecture & Planning, Anna University, Chennai – 25.
- All the Applicants under sponsored category should have appeared in TANCET 2019.
Merit List Preparation
- GATE (Engineering / Technology): The merit list will be prepared based on GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 SCORE in the appropriate discipline of Engineering / Technology.
- GATE (Engineering Sciences (XE) / Life Sciences (XL) category: The merit list will be prepared based on GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 SCORE in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers and TANCET 2019 MARK with a weightage of 70:30.
- A common merit list will be prepared for GATE (Engineering / Technology) and GATE (Engineering Sciences (XE) / Life Sciences (XL) category.
Check out more Admission Notification
TANCA 2019 Application Form
- Applicant should apply only through online in the Web portal https://www.annauniv.edu/tanca2019
- The Applicants who intend to apply for seats under sponsored category should have appeared in TANCET 2019.
- Apply through Online in the web portal https://www.annauniv.edu/tanca2019.
- Take a print out of the filled – in the online application.
- Send the filled in application through proper channel with necessary documents enclosed to one of the following addresses based on the choice of college – The Director (Admissions), Anna University, Chennai–600 025; The Principal, Government College of Technology, Thadagam Road, Coimbatore–641013.
TANCA 2019 Registration Fee
- The applicants should pay the application/registration fees (only online payment) Rs.500/- for General category Rs.250/- for SC/SCA/ST Applicants belonging to Tamil Nadu.
- Applicants applying for more than one category have to pay Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/SCA/ST Applicants belonging to Tamil Nadu) for each additional category (only online payment).
- The Applicant must be ready with the details such as Marks, Percentage of Marks, Certificates, Year of Passing, Board / Institute details, Scanned image of photograph (for GATE Applicants only) , Scanned copy of mark sheet / Transfer and Community Certificate for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM Applicants (either Permanent Card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) and other relevant certificates if any before applying through online.
TANCA 2019 Counselling
- Seats will be allotted through counseling only. Number of Applicants than the actual number of seats available will be called for counseling. Applicants are advised to check the seats available in the web portal https://www.annauniv.edu/tanca2019.
- Admission will be offered depending upon the seats available based on the merit of the Applicants who attend counseling as per the reservation norms of Government of Tamil Nadu and others cannot claim any right for admission.
Check out Engineering Entrance Exams
- Tamil Nadu Common Admissions 2019, Anna University, Chennai–600 025, Phone: 044 – 2235 9908 to 9911 and 2235 8314, Email: [email protected], website www.annauniv.edu.