Tezpur University Admission 2019 | PhD in Tezpur University
Tezpur University PhD Admission 2019: Tezpur University Assam has invited applications for admission to PhD Degree for the year of 2019 sessions. Check out the complete details like dates, application form, eligibility criteria, selection process and more information about Tezpur University Phd Admission 2019.
Tezpur University – About the University
Tezpur University was established on January 21, 1994 by an Act of Parliament of India, The Tezpur University Act, 1993 (Act No. 45), as a non-affiliating and residential Central University. The University is located at Napaam, about 15 km east of Tezpur town in the Sonitpur District of Assam. The sprawling, serene and green University Campus of about 262 acres provides the best of the ambience including modern infrastructure conducive for learning and dedicated research.
The academic programs offered in the University have a distinct focus on science, technology and humanities, reflecting the objective of the University. At present, the University offers Doctor of Philosophy programme in 19 disciplines, Masters programme in 25 disciplines, Post-Graduate Diploma in 3 disciplines, B.Tech. in 6 disciplines, Certificate programme in 3 disciplines, Integrated M.Sc. in 4 disciplines, Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. in 3 disciplines; and Integrated M.A., Integrated B.A.B.Ed., Integrated M.Com., Diploma and Advanced Diploma in 1 discipline each. The University offers Add-on courses on Yoga and Violin too.
Tezpur University PhD Admission Dates 2019
- Date of Display of Online Application Form on the Website: November 05th 2018
- Last Date of Submission of Online Applications: November 22nd 2018
- Date of Personal Interview in the concerned Department: December 14th 2018
Tezpur University Application Form 2019
Interested eligible applicants may APPLY ONLINE through the University Website by paying a fee of Rs. 400/- for SC, ST and PWD applicants and Rs. 800/- for other categories of applicants. Additional bank charge may apply.
The applicants are required to fill in the application form online in the University website www.tezu.ernet.in Applicants should read and follow the instructions (that are available on the website) carefully while filling in the relevant columns of the online application form. Payment is to be made online using either credit card, or debit card, or net-banking. The transaction detail is to be printed and preserved for later reference.
The University shall admit PhD students under the following categories:
- Full Time: Students under this category shall work full time for the Ph.D. courses/ research. They may apply for fellowship/assistantship available from different funding agencies.
- Sponsored: Applicants may be sponsored by recognised R&D organizations, national institutions, other universities, government organizations or industries. They shall be admitted through the normal process, and they shall not be entitled to any fellowship/assistantship from the University. They shall work full time for the Ph.D. courses/research. Scanned copy of the Sponsorship / No Objection Certificate from the employer in the prescribed format given in Annexure I will be required to upload while submitting the application form.
- Project Fellows: Students working on different research projects at Tezpur University may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria, subject to the consent of the Principal Investigator of the project.
- Part Time: Applicants employed in nearby academic institution /University (including Tezpur University)/ R&D organizations may be considered for admission into the Ph.D. program of Tezpur University, following the normal admission procedure. They shall have to fulfil the stipulated requirements for Ph.D. admission.
The following departments/ centre of Tezpur University will offer Ph.D. programme for JRF qualified applicants in 2019:
School of Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Food Engineering and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- English and Foreign Languages
School of Management Sciences
- Business Administration
School of Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
Eligibility Criteria for Tezpur University PhD Admission 2019
- PhD in Cultural Studies: M.A. in any of the disciplines in Humanities or Social Sciences with a uniformly good academic career. Candidates with UGC JRF, UGC NET or NE SET will be given preference
- PhD in Education: Post Graduate in Education or in any allied discipline/ subjects with 55% marks.
- PhD in English and Foreign Languages: M.A. in English (specialization may be in Literature, English Language Teaching or Linguistics); M.A. in Linguistics
- PhD in Hindi: M.A. in Hindi
- PhD in Mass Communication & Journalism: M.A. in Mass Communication, Mass Communication & Journalism/ Communication. Master of mass Communication (MMC). Master of Journalism & Mass Communication (MJMC). Master of Science in Communication (M.S. Communication). M.Sc. Communication. Master of Journalism
- PhD in Sociology: Post-Graduation in Sociology / Cultural Studies/Anthropology (with specialization in Social Anthropology)/Economics/ History/Political Science / Philosophy / Mass Communication /English/ Law / Management/ Social Work
- PhD in Chemical Sciences: M.Sc. in all branches of Chemical Science/ Physics/ Nanoscience/ Material Science/ Biotechnology/Biochemistry/ Bioinformatics/ Environmental Science M.E./ M.Tech. in allied subjects (Chemical Engineering/ Polymer Technology/ Material Sciences/ Environmental Engineering etc.);
- PhD in Environmental Science: Masters in any Science/ Applied Science / Engineering discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA. At Bachelor’s level the candidate must have attended Science / Technology Program
- PhD in Mathematical Sciences: M.A. / M.Sc. in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/Computational Seismology/ Economics with requisite background in Mathematics
- PhD in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology: Masters in any branches of Life Sciences/ Physical Sciences/ Chemical Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences/ Agricultural Sciences / Veterinary Sciences/Engineering Sciences / Medical Sciences or in any allied field. B. Tech./ B. E. degree with 80% marks or equivalent CGPA (with GATE score > 90.00 percentile) in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Sciences/ Bioinformatics or any allied field. MBBS or BVSc. degree with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. Apart from the above, candidates having consistently good academic record will be preferred.
- PhD Physics: M.Sc. in Physics/ Electronics/ Geophysics/ Material Science/ Applied Mathematics/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Biotechnology/ Environmental Science and Chemical Science. M.Phil., M.Tech. in Solid State Material/ Material Science/ Electronics/Energy/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Biotechnology/ Environmental Science and Chemical Sciences or; B.Tech. in Engineering Physics with 80% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA
- PhD in Computer Science & Engineering: M.Tech. in Computer Science/ I.T./Electronics. M.Sc. in Computer Science/ I.T./ MCA.B.E./B.Tech. with 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA with valid GATE Score and Minimum two recommendation Letters from the Institute/University from where B.E./B.Tech degree was obtained
- PhD in Civil Engineering: (a) M.E./M.Tech. /M.Sc. (Engg.) in Civil Engg. or allied areas or (b) M.Sc. in relevant discipline with minimum 70% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA or (c) B.E./ B.Tech with 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA with a valid GATE Score. Minimum two recommendation Letters from the Institute/University from where B.E./B.Tech degree was obtained.
- PhD in Electronics & Communication Technology: M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Sc. Engg. / M.S. in Electronics/ Communication/ Electronics Design/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Control/ Microwave/ Biomedical/Bioelectronics/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science/ Information Technology MCA with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in bachelor’s degree, MBBS with MD/ MS degree
- PhD in Energy: M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. degree in Energy Technology/ Energy Management/Energy related Engineering and Technology/ Physics/ Chemistry/Agriculture Allied subjects
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering: M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Sc. (Engg.) in Mechanical Engg. or allied areas. (i) B.E. / B.Tech. with 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA with a valid GATE Score (ii) Minimum two recommendation letters from the Institution/ University from where B.E./ B.Tech. was obtained
- PhD in Business Administration: M.B.A., M.Com., M.A. / M.Sc. in Economics, M.A. in Psychology/ Sociology/Social Work/Cultural Studies, MCA, M.T.M. / M.T.A. FCA/ FCS/ FICWA
Admission to all the B.Tech. Programs shall be made through the JEE Main 2019 conducted by CBSE. Out of the total seats, 60% seats are reserved for permanent residents of any of the North East States (to be filled up through the Tezpur University Counselling) and remaining 40% seats are open for filling up through the Central Counselling conducted by CSAB/JoSA
A student admitted to the Ph.D. program shall be required to complete specified course work prior to the submission of Plan of Research as per the recommendation of the Departmental Research Committee (DRC)/ Centre’s Research Committee (CRC). Currently, the scholars are required to complete a total of 16 credits (1 credit generally consists of one hour lecture/ tutorials or two hours of practical in a week). As a step initiated by the University towards implementation of Choice Based Credit System (CBCS), out of the stipulated credit requirement 4 credits should be from another Department. All selected applicants have to complete the coursework within the first two semesters.
The courses opted by the students in a particular semester are to be registered on the specified date(s). For newly admitted students, registration of courses shall take place during 18-19 January 2018 along with the admission formalities.
Tezpur University Address
Postal Address: Tezpur University, Napaam, Tezpur, Sonitpur, Assam (India), Pin – 784 028. Phone/Fax Phone : +91-3712-267007/8/9, Fax : +91-3712-267005/6, Email/Web Email : [email protected] Web : http://www.tezu.ernet.in.