Times Scholar 2019 Scholarship Exam for Class 10, 12 Students
Times of India Scholarship 2019: More than a year has gone by since The Times of India first introduced a programme based on reading that led to scholarships and prizes for meritorious students.
It is time to rekindle the spark. The Times Scholars 2019 programme, one of the country’s finest scholarship initiatives, is back. It seeks to equip students with these skills and, at the same time, reward them in the process.
About Times Scholars 2019
- The Times Scholars 2019 programme is an endeavor to encourage school students of classes 10th to 12th to develop a reading habit that helps them develop a holistic understanding of our society, the environment, and an informed worldview, enabling them to become good citizens and write a better future for themselves.
Rewards and Recognition
- For Class XII: The best performing 100 students to be awarded a Dell laptop each. Selected students from Class XII will also be eligible for admission in the undergraduate courses at Bennett University with a scholarship applicable for 1 year. The students will need to fulfill the eligibility criteria of the University.
- For Class X and XI: The best performing 100 students to be awarded a Dell laptop each
Eligibility Criteria for Times of India Scholarship 2019
Students of classes X to XII can apply for this programme in two different levels, which are defined below. These levels constitute two categories in which participants will be evaluated.
- Level 1 – Students from Classes X and XI
- Level 2 – Students of Classes XII
- The programme is free for all candidates. There is no registration fee.
Check out National Scholarship Portal
How does it work?
- Registration: As a first step, applicants need to register online for the programme.
- Reading Phase: Beginning October 25, The Times of India newspaper will carry ONE article each day, in its print version, across a range of fields such as current affairs, science & technology, sports, politics, social issues, education, global developments etc. over a span of 50 days. These articles will provide multi- dimensional perspectives to help students get a deeper understanding of various interesting subjects
- Practice Tests and Presentations: Weekly practice tests will be conducted online, with questions based on the article. Twice during the programme, applicants will be asked to summarize articles and share their view in the form of a PowerPoint presentation, which they can upload on the site. Each practice test will comprise 3 stories, each with 6 questions, to be answered in 15 minutes.
- Final Examination: During Dec 21-23, 2019, there would be an online test followed by an interview to assess the students’ understanding & perspective. The test will comprise 11 stories, each with 6 questions, to be answered in 60 minutes.
- First Shortlist and Interviews: The First Shortlist of the programme will be decided basis the cumulative score i.e. participation marks in the practice tests and presentations + marks achieved in the final examination. The best performers, in terms of the cumulative score, will need to appear for an interview in person.
- Winners and felicitation: For each of the two levels (as mentioned in the Eligibility criteria mentioned earlier), 100 winners will be chosen as winners. A select number will be invited to a felicitation ceremony whose details will be communicated later.
- The cumulative score will be used to decide the First Shortlist for the interviews.
- The interviews will be the final phase of evaluation, the winners of which will be announced as the Times Scholars for 2019.
Times of India Scholarship Application Procedure 2019
- For further details on what each scholarship program offers, the eligibility criteria and how to apply please click on the individual scholarship programme links below
- Visit https://timesscholars.com/
Times Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
- Registration for the Programme: 14th Sept to 23rd October 2019
- Reading Phase: Daily articles to appear in TOI: 25th October to 15th December 2019
- 6 Practice Tests
- 09-Nov-2019 to 10-Nov-2019
- 16-Nov-2019 to 17-Nov-2019
- 23-Nov-2019 to 24-Nov-2019
- 30-Nov-2019 to 01-Dec-2019
- 07-Dec-2019 to 08-Dec-2019
- 14-Dec-2019 to 15-Dec-2019
- 2 PowerPoint Presentations online: 03rd Dec to 05th December 2019
- Final Exam conducted online – exact schedule to be shared later 21st Dec to 23rd December 2019
- First Shortlist of candidates: 10th January 2020
- Interview of shortlisted candidates: 20th Jan to 05th February 2020
- Announcement of Results: 15th February 2020
- Felicitation of winners and prize giving from March 2020 to April 2020
- National Scholarship Registration
- National Scholarship Test 2020
- Made Easy National Scholarship Test 2020
- List of Vidyasaarathi Scholarship
- West Bengal Scholarship