Tripura University PhD Courses Admission 2019
Tripura University PhD Admission 2019: Tripura University has invited online applications from interested and eligible applicants for admission to the PhD Programs through Research Eligibility Test (RET 2019) under different departments in the Faculties of Science and Arts and Commerce of Tripura University for the academic session 2019-20.
Tripura University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online Application Form duly filled in may be submitted on or before September 10th, 2019 (midnight)
- Date of Written Exam for the RET will be held on September 16th, 2019 (Monday from 12.00 Noon to 3.00 PM
- The Viva-voce Exam will be held in the respective dept. on 16th – 19th September 2019
- The result – Final List of selected applicants will be published on September 24th, 2019
- The PhD course work classes shall commence on September 30th, 2019
Tripura University PhD Programs Dept. /No. of Seats
The details of the number of positions against each department are mentioned as under:
Faculty of Science
- Botany–09; Chemical & polymer Engineering–03; Chemistry–14; Computer science & Engineering–02; Electrical Engineering–02; Electronics & Communication Engineering–02; Forestry & Biodiversity–06; Geography & Disaster Management–12; Human Physiology–07; Information Technology–03; Library & Information Science–02; Material science & Engineering–07; Mathematics–16; Microbiology–10; Molecular Biology & Bioinformatics–01; Pharmacy–02; Statistics–02; and Zoology – 05
Faculty of Arts & Commerce
- Bengali – 01; Business Management – 03; Commerce – 08; Economics – 12; English – 02; Fine Arts – 02; History – 16; Journalism & Mass Communication – 01; Kokborok – 01; Linguistics & Tribal Languages – 07; Philosophy – 04; Political Science – 12; Physical Education – 03; Psychology – 07; Rural Studies – 02; Sanskrit – 08; Sociology – 02; and Tribal Studies & Ethnics (CSSEIP) – 02
Also See: DTU PhD Admission 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Tripura University PhD Admission 2019
Applicants holding a Master’s Degree with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD applicants) in the concerned subjects or allied subjects from any recognized University or Institute of National Importance are eligible to apply for admission into Ph.D. Programme.
The applicants who have fulfilled all other essential requirements as mentioned above and have cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF) Exams / NET / SET / SLET / GATE (for non-Engineering) / GPAT and/or are Teacher Fellowship holders or have passed the M.Phil Examinations shall not be required to appear in the entrance test.
Check out more Admission Notifications
Tripura University PhD Selection Procedure 2019
The applicant qualified in the written entrance test is a part of the RET and others who are exempted from appearing at the written entrance test will be treated as applicants to appear at a viva-voce program of 100 Marks in the concerned Department.
The subject-wise merit list will be prepared by the concerned department on the basis of the result of the viva-voce program.
Displaying of Lists of eligible applicants
The list of applicants eligible to appear in the RET 2019 program will be displayed in the Tripura University website.
Applicants shall download their admit card from the online portal.
Date of Exam
The written examination for the Research Eligibility Test will be held on September 16th, 2019 from 12.00 noon to 3.00 P.M. The Viva-voce Exam will be held in the respective department on 16th – 19th September 2019 at 3.00 p.m. and onwards.
Check out more Entrance Exams
Written Exam of RET
- There will be a written examination of 100 marks on the basis of Post-Graduate syllabus of the concerned subject of Tripura University.
- The qualifying marks for the entrance test will be 50%. There will be 40 (forty) short questions of 2 (two) marks each and 4 (four) questions of 5 (five) marks for the written entrance test of RET.
- The final list of selected applicants will be published on September 24th, 2019 and will be displayed on the university website tripurauniv.in.
- Qualified applicants will be admitted in the relevant subjects depending on the number of availability of seats under the respective Ph.D. supervisors of a department.
Note: Qualifying in RET does not entitle an applicant to get admission into the Ph.D. program.
Tripura University PhD Application Form 2019
- The online application form duly filled in may be submitted on or before September 10th, 2019 (midnight). No offline application will be entertained.
- Applicants should apply online only using Tripura University Website www.tripurauniv.in for admission to the PhD Programs through Research Eligibility Test (RET-2019) under different departments in the Faculties of Science and Arts & Commerce of Tripura University for the academic session 2019-20
- Duration of filling up of online application – From August 16th, 2019 (midnight) to September 10th, 2019 (midnight).
- An applicant will be required to upload his/her scanned photograph, proof of SC/ST/EWS/OBC-Central & Non Creamy layer/Students from Jammu & Kashmir certificate (if eligible) and PWD certificate (if eligible).
The Application Fees will be as follows (for each program)
- Requisite Fee for UR / EWS & OBC – Rs.800/- (Rupees eight hundred only).
- Requisite Fee for SC/ST/PWD – Rs.600/- (Rupees six hundred only).
- The application shall be summarily rejected if payment is not made properly.
For further information, contact the Co-ordinator, Students’ Admission Cell, Tripura University or mail to [email protected]