UCEED 2020 Notification – Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design
UCEED 2020: UCEED (Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design) admissions to the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, and IIITDM Jabalpur are done through the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) 2020. Check out the complete details like exam date, application form, eligibility, exam pattern, admit card, exam centers and more details about UCEED 2020. Students who have passed Class XII (or equivalent) in 2019 or appearing in 2020 in ANY STREAM (Science, Commerce, or Arts and Humanities), are eligible to appear for UCEED 2020.
Also see: CEED 2020 Notification
UCEED Exam 2020
Applicants seeking admission to the Bachelor Degree Program in Design (B.Des.) at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ) must appear in UCEED 2020.
The Applicants are offered admission in B.Des Program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur on the basis score obtained in Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) 2020.
B.Des Program at IDC, IIT Bombay
- Course: Des – 4 Years
Industrial Design Centre (IDC) at IIT Bombay has a well-established Master of Design degree (M.Des) Program in Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Animation Design, Interaction Design & Mobility, and Vehicle Design as well as a PhD Program in Design.
Launchpad Academy learned about this recent development at the earliest and went through the UCEED brochure thoroughly.
UCEED 2020 Exam Date
- Start Date for Online Registration: 09th October 2019
- Last date for Online Registration with regular fee 09th November 2019
- Last date for Online Registration with late fee 16th November 2019
- Start Date for Admit Card downloading 01st January 2020 onwards
- Last Date for rectification of discrepancies in Admit Card: 05th January 2020
- UCEED 2020 Exam Date: 18th January 2020 (Saturday, Time: 10:00 to 13:00)
- Release of Draft Answer Key: 21st January 2020
- Last date for sending comments about Draft Answer Key: 27th January 2020
- Release of Final Answer Key: 04th February 2020
- Declaration of Result: 13th March 2020
- The start date for Score Card downloading 13th March 2020
- Application for B. Des. Program: 08th to 30th June 2020
- Seat allotment Round 1: 04th July 2020
- Seat allotment Round 2: 11th July 2020
- Seat allotment Round 3: 15th July 2020
UCEED 2020 Application Form
Applicants must register for appearing in UCEED 2020. The application can be done ONLY online through the registration portal linked from www.uceed.iitb.ac.in.
Applicants should satisfy all three eligibility criteria see the UCEED 2020 eligibility criteria for APPEARING in UCEED 2020.
Registration will be cancelled if, at a later date, it is found that the Applicant does not meet any of the three eligibility criteria.
The application fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
It will entirely be the responsibility of the Applicant to provide the correct information regarding the qualifying exam and category and upload the correct documents in the required formats in the registration form. Registration forms, incomplete in any way, will be summarily rejected and the registration will be considered invalid. The admitting institutes have the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of an applicant in accordance with the rules and regulations in force, if it is found that any information provided by the Applicant is incorrect or the registration is incomplete.
Detailed instructions for the online application are provided on the application portal.
UCEED 2020 Application Fees
Following is the application fee structure for UCEED 2020:
Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)
- Female Applicants (all categories) INR 1500
- SC, ST, PwD Applicants INR 1500
- All Other Applicants INR 3000
- Applicants from SAARC countries USD 200
- Applicants from Non-SAARC countries USD 325
Registration Fee for Exam Centres in Dubai
- Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI) – All Indian Nationals USD – 200
Foreign Nationals – Applicants from SAARC countries USD 200 and; Applicants from Non-SAARC countries USD 325
Detailed instructions related to the payment of application fee are given on the online application portal.
Also, Check UCEED Registration 2020
UCEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria
An applicant, including a foreign national, must fulfill each and every one of the following three eligibility criteria to appear in UCEED 2020.
UCEED 2020 Age Limit
The Applicant should have been born on or after 01st October 1999 if belonging to the GEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after 01st October 1994 if belonging to the SC/ST or PwD Category.
UCEED Number of Attempts:
The applicant can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years; note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
UCEED Qualifying Exam
The Applicant should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2019 or; appearing in 2020. Students from ALL STREAMS (Science, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Des at IIT Bombay:
- For admission to B.Des, the Applicant should have passed in the qualifying exam. If a qualifying Board awards only letter grades without providing information on the passing grade on the grade sheet, the Applicant should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the passing grade and submit it at the time of online acceptance of the allocated seat.
- In case such a certificate is not provided, the decision taken by the B.Des Admissions Committee will be final. Applicants should have qualified in UCEED 2020.
- The criteria, as specified above, is applicable to all the Applicants including foreign nationals.
- The final exam of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org)
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Exam conducted by a Board or University recognized by the AIU; final exam of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy
- Secondary School Exam conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects; any Public School, Board or University exam in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the AIU
- HSC vocational examination
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- High School Certificate Exam of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Applicants who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) exam outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the exam they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII exam.
- In case the Class XII exam is not a public examination, the Applicant must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) exam earlier.
Also check UCEED Syllabus 2020
Reservation of Seats
Indian nationals belonging to certain categories are admitted under the seats reserved for them in accordance with the rules of the Govt. of India. The categories and the extent of reservation are as follows:
- OBC-NCL – 27% of seats in the course
- OBCs (see the link www.ncbc.nic.in)
- Applicants belonging to the creamy layer of OBC are NOT entitled to the reservation; such Applicants are treated as belonging to the general (GEN) (i.e., unreserved) category.
- SC – 15% of seats in the course
- ST – 7.5% of seats in the course
- PwD – 3% of seats from the parent category in the course
- 3% reservation for PwD Applicants, which is translated to 01 seat, will be cycled over in a 4-year period category-wise in the sequence, GEN, OBC, SC/ST.
UCEED Admit Card 2020
Applicants whose application is complete in all aspects will be able to download the admit card for UCEED 2020 from the online application portal (www.uceed.in) from the date specified below.
The admit card will bear the following details of the Applicant: Name, UCEED application ID, Roll Number for UCEED 2020, photograph, signature, examination schedule, examination center details and instructions to Applicants.
In case, admit card is not available for downloading the Applicant should contact the Chairperson, UCEED 2020 at IIT Bombay immediately via email or phone.
UCEED Exam Pattern 2020
UCEED 2019 exam will be conducted on the 18th January 2020 the exam pattern is given below. One thing which applicant should do is take the print of admit card, only then he/she will be entertained for the exam.
- There will be ONE question paper of 3 hours duration
- The question paper will be in English
- The question paper will be administered through a computer-based test.
- The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks
- Numerical Answer Type – 20 Questions & Total Mark – 80
- Multiple Select Question – 25 Questions & Total Mark – 100
- Multiple Choice Question – 40 Questions & Total Mark – 120
Also Check UCEED Question paper
UCEED 2020 Exam Centres
UCEED 2020 will be held in the following 20 cities in India: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, and Thiruvananthapuram.
Applicants should compulsorily opt three cities of their choice, in the order of preference, at the time of online application.
UCEED Results 2020
- Results will be declared on March 13th, 2020
- UCEED results will be available on the website. Applicants need to use their user login and password (created during the registration process) for viewing the results on the webpage
- UCEED qualified students will be able to download their scorecards from March 13th, 2020
- The hard copy of the UCEED scorecard will not be available and hence will not be sent to the qualified applicants
- Obtaining a rank in UCEED 2020 does not guarantee admission to the B. Des program