UGC NET 2019: National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) will be managed by the National Testing Agency (NTA). UGC NET 2019 is conducted for the Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship for Indian national citizens. UGC NET is conducted twice in a year. Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) honorees are also eligible to pursue research in their PG subject from IITs or other national institutions on the basis of this exam score. Applicants can also apply for the post of Assistant professor in various universities and institutions. Applicants can get the complete information on UGC NET 2019 in this page like exam date, application form, exam pattern, eligibility, age limit, admit card, answer key, results and more details about UGC NET 2019.
Check here the details about UGC NET 2019 Notification exam date, application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, exam pattern. Also check out application dates, mode, fee and how to fill the application form for UGC NET 2019.
UGC NET Exam 2019 Notification and Dates
Applicants can get the complete details like exam date, application form, how to fill apply online, admit card, exam pattern, eligibility, cut off, etc on UGC NET 2019 in this page.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Date (Tentatively)
Here, we have updated application dates of UGC NET 2019.
|Releasing of notification||February 2019|
|The opening of online of application||1st week of March 2019|
|Last date of applying||2nd week of April 2019|
|Correction in the application form||April 2019|
|Date of examination||July 2019|
UGC NET 2019 Application Form
UGC NET 2019 Application Form – Applicants can fill the application through online mode only. This exam is organized by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of UGC. It is a national level eligibility test. It is the eligibility test for Indian nationals to become an Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship.
- Applicants should go through the guidelines given below to fill the UGC NET application form.
- Applicants can fill the UGC NET 2019 application form through online mode.
- The applicants can apply online from the first week of March 2019.
- The last date for applying online will be the second week of April 2019.
- Applicants have to fill the application form, upload the required images, pay the fee and take the confirmation page printout.
- Do not send the printout of the confirmation page to the NTA office.
The application process for UGC NET is elaborated below:
- Register at the official website with applicants’ name, active email ID and valid mobile number.
- Upon successful registration, Application Form Number and Password will be generated.
- Re-login to the website and enter applicants’ personal details, contact information, academic details, work experience details, choice of program and exam center preference, accurately.
- Upload scanned images of applicants’ recent passport-size colour photograph and specimen signature with the following specifications:
|Applicant’s recent, colour, passport-size photograph||Image dimensions: 3.5cm X 4.5cm File size: 4KB – 40KB|
|Applicant’s specimen signature||Image dimensions: 1.5cm X 3.5cm File size: 1KB – 30KB|
The UGC NET 2019 application fee can be paid both online (Net banking or Credit/Debit Cards) as well as offline (through e-challan, payable at Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank). Further details are provided in the following section.
Upon successful completion of application fee payment, a Confirmation Page is generated. Applicants are advised to obtain prints of this Confirmation Page for the records. Please note that candidates need not send the copy of the Confirmation Page to the exam conducting authority.
UGC NET Application Fee
Applicants can remit the application fee through credit/debit card or e-Challan (in cash to Syndicate /Canara/ ICICI bank). The application fee will be non-refundable or non-transferable in any circumstances. The application fee is given in below table:
How to Apply for UGC NET 2019
Applicants can check the procedure to apply in UGC NET 2019:
- Go to the official website (link will be given above).
- Click on ‘Apply for UGC NET 2019’ link.
- Read the generated instructions and click on ‘Proceed to Apply Online’ link.
- Enter the basic details like your name; email Id and Date of birth to get application number.
- After that click on ‘Submit’ button and application number will be generated.
- Now, fill the other required details in the application form and upload the photograph and signature.
- Upload photographs of minimum 4kb to 40 kb and signature of minimum 4kb to 30 kb in JPEG format.
- After that, select the payment mode to submit the fee.
- After successful payment of application fee, the applicant should check the fee payment status.
- If fee payment is ‘OK’, then the only applicant can print the confirmation page.
UGC NET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The complete eligibility criteria for JRF and Assistant professor programs is given below:
- For Junior Research Fellowship, the upper age limit is 30 years as on 1st January 2019.
- No age limit for the Assistant Professor.
- The relaxation in the upper age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD and women category will be 5 years.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the research experience and LL.M Degree (3 years) holders.
Qualifying Exam: Applicants those have the Master’s degree or equivalent from a university recognized by UGC can apply, PhD applicants can also apply.
Minimum Marks: It is necessary to have at least 55% marks in aggregate in the master’s degree. 50% marks for reserved categories.
Appearing Applicants: Appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply.
Relaxation: There is a 5% of relaxation for PhD degree holders in aggregate marks. Such applicants should have the Master’s degree examination which should be completed by 19th September 1991.
Exemption (Eligibility for the Assistant professor)
NET/SET/SLET will be the minimum eligibility criteria for the Assistant Professors.
Applicants those passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are exempted to appear in the exam.
For SET Applicants: Those qualified the SET (held prior to 1st June 2002) are exempted from appearing in NET. Such applicants can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Those cleared the SET (1st June 2002 onwards) are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Type of Questions: Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Papers: The exam will be consisting of two papers.
- Medium of Test: The medium of paper either Hindi or English depending upon applicant’s choice.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Marking Scheme: No provision of negative marking.
|Paper||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration of Exam|
|Paper I||100||50||1 hr|
|Paper II||200||100||2 hr|
Paper I will be consist of the questions which will be of general nature and to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the applicant. It will basically be designed to test the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the applicant.
UGC NET Admit Card 2019
The exam authority will release the UGC NET admit card 2019 one month prior to the examination. The applicants have to bring a photo identity card along with the printout of online Admission Card on the day of examination.
Without valid admission card, no applicant will be allowed to enter the examination hall. No, admit card will be sent to the applicants individually by post.
Details like Applicant’s name, Registration Number, Photograph, Date of Birth, Exam Venue, Exam Date, and Timings, etc. will be printed on the Admit Card. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the Admit Card in person to appear for the entrance exam along with a valid Photo ID Proof.
UGC NET 2019 Admit Card can be downloaded in the following steps:
- Visit the official website, i.e.www.cbsenet.nic.in.
- Click on the link “UGC NET Admit Card”.
- Enter applicants’ login credentials i.e. the application number and password.
- The UGC NET Admit Card will be displayed on-screen.
- Download, save and obtain prints of the document for future use.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Centers
UGC NET 2019 is expected to be conducted in 91 cities across India. Applicants can, during the application process, select four exam cities of their choice, in order of preference. The allocation of exam center is done by the exam conducting authority on the basis of the candidates’ preferences. However, the authority’s decision in this regard is final and binding on all.
An indicative list of the UGC NET exam center locations is tabulated below:
UGC NET 2019 Answer Key
After the successful completion of the NET examination, the exam conducting authority will release the answer key for all papers. The answer key for each paper will be released separately.
Applicants can challenge the OMR Sheet/answer key. For challenging the questions, applicants have to pay the Rs. 1000/- for each question. After revaluation of the objection from the applicants, the final answer key will be released.
UGC NET Result 2019
The UGC NET result 2019 will be declared after one month of the completion of the examination. The applicants can get their results by entering the application number, roll number, and date of birth.
The NTA will not issue the mark sheet for qualified or not qualified applicants. The NTA will mention the roll number of the qualified applicants those will be selected through written test. After one week of result declaration, the authority will also upload the marks of all the applicants secured in the exam.
UGC NET 2019 Scorecard can be downloaded in the following steps:
- Visit the official website cbsenet.nic.in.
- Click the link “UGC NET 2019 Result”.
- Enter applicants’ login credentials.
- UGC NET Scorecard will be displayed on-screen.
- Download, save and obtain prints of the document for future use.
Prior to declaration of UGC NET Result 2019, CBSE will release the Answer Keys to each of the question papers for the exam, from which the candidates can draw an estimate of their expected score.
UGC NET Cut-Off 2019
Applicants those wish to clear the NET exam, they have to score the cut-off marks given below. Those will secure the cut off marks will be considered for the fellowship.
The authority will also prepare the separate merit list. The subject-wise and category-wise merit list will be drawn for the applicants those will satisfy the cut-off scores. After the declaration of result, applicants can get their e-certificates from the UGC NET.
|Category||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/PWD/SC/ST||35%||35%||60%|