Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Students 2019
UGC PG Scholarships 2019-2020 for Professional Courses: UGC (University Grants Commission) has invited online applications for the award of PG Scholarships under the scheme of PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC and ST students for the year 2019-20. Check out the complete details of Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC ST Students like the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form and more details for UGC PG Scholarship for Professional Courses.
The scheme has been initiated keeping in view the social background of the applicants from the deprived section of the society and to provide them the opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering and Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges.
- The scheme has been initiated keeping in view the social background of the applicants from the deprived section of the society and to provide them the opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges.
- The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to 1000 SC/ST applicants to pursue postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects at recognized Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges.
PG Scholarships for Professional Courses 2019 Important Date
- Scholarship closing date: October 31st, 2019
- Last date for defect verification: November 15th, 2019
- Last date for Institute verification: November 15th, 2019
Check out more Scholarships Programs
Eligibility Criteria for PG Scholarships for Professional Courses
- The applicant must have obtained the Graduate degree in the relevant subject and obtained admission at Postgraduate level for the regular full-time course in any of the Professional subjects in a recognized University/Institution/College.
- Applicants pursuing the postgraduate course in professional subjects by correspondence or by Distance Education mode are not eligible to receive financial assistance under this scheme.
- The upper age limit for male applicants is 45 years as on 1st July on the year of application, and 50 years in the case of female applicants. In exceptional cases, the age may be relaxed.
Nature of assistance available under the scheme
- The numbers of slots available under the scheme are 1000 per year. The tenure of award is for two/three years depending upon tenure of the postgraduate course.
The financial assistance available under the scheme is as follows
- Scholarship: Rs.7,800/- per month (ME/M. Tech); Rs.4,700/- per month for other courses
- Contingency A: Rs.15, 000/- per annum (ME/M. Tech) Rs.10, 000/- per annum for other courses
PG Scholarships for Professional Courses Application Form 2019
- Applications in the prescribed format may be submitted only through NeSP portal: https://scholarships.gov.in under “UGC Schemes.
- The applicants fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal after issue of advertisement to be published by the UGC once in a year through leading newspapers and Employment News and also on UGC website.
- The host institution where the candidate is studying is required to verify the online application.
Also See: Vidyasaarathi Scholarship
University Grants Commission (UGC)
(UGC – Statutory Body of the Govt) University Grants Commission (UGC), Bhadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110002, Website www.ugc.ac.in