UGC Scholarship 2018-19: University Grants Commission (UGC) has invited application for UGC Scholarship 2018-19 for Postgraduate Students. The Online application process has already started and the last date to fill up the online application form for the is November 30, 2018.
UGC (Union Grants Commission) is the statutory organization established in 1956 by the Government of India to maintain the standards of University Education in the country. UGC not only gives recognition to Universities in India and but also distributes funds to Colleges and Universities to facilitate the upgrading of the standard of University education. UGC (Union Grants Commission) also offered different Scholarship scheme to support the needy as well as the meritorious students to complete their higher education.
Applicants can apply only through online mode at National Scholarship Portal scholarships.gov.in
Also See: Scholarships 2019
UGC Postgraduate Scholarships 2018-19
Postgraduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder
Postgraduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder is the only Merit-based scholarship offered by UGC. This scholarship is for non-professional courses only for regular students.
- Number of Scholarship: 3000
- Tenure of scholarship: Two to three years.
- Award of Scholarship: Each Awardees, under the scheme, will be provided a scholarship of Rs.3100/- p.m. for a period of two years (i.e. 10 months in a year); no other additional grants will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
Check out complete details Postgraduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder
Postgraduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Applicants
Postgraduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Applicants is initiated keeping in view the social background of the Applicants from the deprived section of the society and to provide them the opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/Colleges.
- Number of Scholarship: 1000 (SC/ST Applicants only)
- Tenure of scholarship: Two years
- Award of Scholarship: Rs.7, 800/- per month (ME/M. Tech); Rs.4,700/- per month for other courses. Contingency A: 15, 000/- per annum (ME/M. Tech) Rs.10, 000/- per annum for other courses
Check out complete details on PG Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Students
Postgraduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
Postgraduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child was introduced with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education to pursuing various non-professional PG program in Universities / Colleges for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family.
- Number of Scholarship: Not Fixed
- Tenure of Scholarship: Two years only (10 months in the year) for full duration of the Program
- Award of Scholarship: Rs.3100/- pm
Check out the complete detail on Postgraduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
Ishan Uday Scholarship
UGC (University Grants Commission) has invited online applications for the award of Scholarships under the scheme of “Ishan Uday” For North Eastern Region for the year 2018-19.
- An amount of Rs.5400/- p.m. for General Degree courses and Rs.7800/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Paramedical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
Check out complete details on Ishan Uday Scholarship